After a Baked Lemon Curd Tart Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Hey guys :)

We usually have Lemon Curd Tarts but the other night we saw them make on Masterchef a Baked one...one they put in the oven instead of in the fridge.

Just wondering if anyone had a recipe for me as I cant seem to find any online...they all seem to be unbaked ones :ermm:

TIA

I am surprised Alix and PF haven't chimed in on this! I don't do lemon curd (well, I don't do desserts--one slice/piece and then what do I do with the rest--feed it to the chickens)?

This sounds good:

Recipe Details

I make a no bake Lemon Curd Tart. I blind bake the pie shells. If I wanted meringue on top I would be baking them after filling, but that is not long enough to bake the shells, too.

Hey guys :)

We usually have Lemon Curd Tarts but the other night we saw them make on Masterchef a Baked one...one they put in the oven instead of in the fridge.

Just wondering if anyone had a recipe for me as I cant seem to find any online...they all seem to be unbaked ones :ermm:

TIA

This recipe is from a 1973 Good Housekeeping cookbook. It is my go-to recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie. I love the filling. Great for just plain eating right out of the saucepan.

Make your own pie crust.

Preheat oven to 400ºF.

Ingredients
1/3 cup of cornstarch
1 Cup sugar
Grated lemon peel of one lemon
½ cup of lemon juice
1½ C. warm water
4 eggs, separated
1 Tbs. butter
1/8 Tsp. salt

• In a medium saucepan stir 1 cup sugar with cornstarch and 1/8 tsp salt.
  • Stir in 1½ c. warm water, lemon peel and juice; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and boils; remove from heat.
  • In a small bowl, with wire wisk or spoon beat egg yolks, into the yolks, stir small amount of hot sauce. Slowly pour egg mixture back into sauce, stirring rapidly to prevent lumping.
  • Return to low/med heat; cook , stirring, until thickened (do not boil).
  • Stir in butter. Allow to cool. Pour into tart shells. Apply meringue.
Use the four egg white to make a meringue.

In a small bowl with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites (at room temperature) with ¼ tsp. cream of tarter. Beat until foamy. Gradually add ¾ c. of sugar until mixture forms stiff peaks. Spread meringue to edges of tarts to seal the edges. Bake until golden in color. :angel:

Thank you so much everyone...that is wonderful, I have a few to choose from now :)

Snip also sent me one, so I will go through them all...I may make them all...but not at the same time :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom