Alix's Lemon Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does the universe work in strange ways?.....I think so!

after talking pies with hubby yesterday (saw the movie 'Waitress' and have been pining to own a pie shop for years)....and then answered this post....and guess what this morning?

A woman just phoned and asked if I would be interested in baking some pies for her annual 'Pie Bake-Off' July 7.

Be careful what you think! (or wish for...?)

Yeah Fiona, that should do it, just quarter lengthwise a couple lemons then slice as thinly as possible leaving the peel on, remove any seeds and add to your linked recipe. I would probably also reduce the sugar level because I liked the sour lemon taste, YMMV. The heat wouldn't bother the lemons anyway, might even tenderize the peels.

I'm trying to figure out why you wouldn't want your lemon curd recipe to curdle. :)

I found this recipe. I remember trying one similar to this years ago.

Ohio Shaker Lemon Pie Recipe at Epicurious.com

I'm adding an amended recipe to this. I have found that my larger pie pans require a larger amount of filling.

1.5 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1.5 cup BOILING water
1.5 tbsp butter
3 eggs (separated)
2 lemons juice and zest (add more zest 3 lemons is best)

If I use 9 inch pyrex pie pans, should I use the original or the new recipe? PERSONALLY and on a guess, I 'd choose the latter, More is Better. :yum:

What's the depth on them? I have deep ones and shallow ones that both measure 9 inches across. Do they have the little handles on the edges? I use the new recipe for that one.

If you start pouring and there's too much filling just pour it off into a bowl and have some lemon pudding!

What's the depth on them? I have deep ones and shallow ones that both measure 9 inches across. Do they have the little handles on the edges? I use the new recipe for that one.

If you start pouring and there's too much filling just pour it off into a bowl and have some lemon pudding!

Ha-ha. I just have the shallow ones. Now I know to use the New Recipe FOR SURE anyway. :whistling

I'm adding an amended recipe to this. I have found that my larger pie pans require a larger amount of filling.

1.5 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1.5 cup BOILING water
1.5 tbsp butter
3 eggs (separated)
2 lemons juice and zest (add more zest 3 lemons is best)

Thanks for the amendment Alix...we have quite a large pan, so this is good :)

Back
Top Bottom