Apple Oat Crumb Pie with Caramel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
Your favorite one crust pie dough.View attachment 8609
Your favorite apple pie recipe. Or
5 cups sliced unpeeled Granny Smith apples
1 tea. Cinnamon
1/2 tea. nutmeg
2 tbs. flour
1/2 cup sugar

Toss to coat apples and put in unbaked pie crust.

Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup white sugar - brown would be interesting
1/2 cup quick oat meal
1/2 cup chilled butter

Pack on the apples. Place pie on cookie sheet in case of overflow.
Bake 400 for 10 minutes, lower oven to 350 and bake 40-45 minutes. Or until apples are done and crust is brown.

Place on wire rack. Drizzle with Caramel ice cream topping. Cool.:chef:

Last edited:
Patty, this looks so delicious and the perfect dessert, now that we are going into apple season. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us.

That looks amazing! I can almost smell it!

Our teen spent two months making pies at our local bakery this summer. Till she turned 20 in August :) and was posting her Pie count on her profile in facebook... She would bring home the pies that did not sell well almost every day, usually because of appearance - we bought them all at a slight discount and had wonderful savoury as well as sweet pie experiences!

Ok, people, I have to admit. This is a recipe that I just put together. I have never made it before. I just had another piece. It is the BOMB, IMHO. Diffidently not diet food. ENJOY!!!

PattY

Ok, people, I have to admit. This is a recipe that I just put together. I have never made it before. I just had another piece. It is the BOMB, IMHO. Diffidently not diet food. ENJOY!!!

PattY

I think the next time I will put the caramel on after the pie is completely cool. After a day or so it became soggy.

I think the next time I will put the caramel on after the pie is completely cool. After a day or so it became soggy.
What if you use caramel apple dip or melt the little caramels, would one of those cause less soggy?

What if you use caramel apple dip or melt the little caramels, would one of those cause less soggy?

Maybe, it tastes awesome, but is a work in process. It is good if eaten on the first day, though.

Back
Top Bottom