Apple Pie leftovers? Any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nrkelly

Assistant Cook
I made a recipe for sour cream apple pie that I found on Allrecipes, but the top crust (crisp really) didn't go over well. so I have half a pie left. Other than using it on ice cream, does anyone have any ideas what I can do w/ it? I hate to throw all that food away since we're on such a strict budget.

Soften the ice cream and mix the apple-pie in, similar to what you get with cookie-dough ice cream. It would also be great folded into sweetened yogurt with some cinamon. It would be good with cream cheese, or maybe as a topping for cheesecake. Try scraping the topping and adding some brown sugar, butter, cinamon, and oatmeal. Then crumble the topping over the pie and turn it into a cobler type dessert.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

i may be too late, but i was gonna suggest stuffing it into a pork loin or tenderlion, searing then roasting with onions.

Oh, man, buckytom! That sounds so delicious...I might need to make an apple pie now, just for the purpose of stuffing a pork chop! Yum!

how long does it take you to bake a pie? i can be in pittsburgh in about 7 hours, 6 if there's bourbon soaked raisins in the pie...

buckytom said:
how long does it take you to bake a pie? i can be in pittsburgh in about 7 hours, 6 if there's bourbon soaked raisins in the pie...

Well, it will only take me an hour and a half, but I'll just use the extra time for soaking those raisins...I've never done that before! Will Maker's Mark do? I'm afraid that's all I have on hand.

Another thought - stuff it inside your french toast. However, I like the idea of using it with meat, as Buckytom suggested. Perhaps you could saute some onion, then throw in the apple pie filling, and heat till warm. Serve over some grilled chicken breasts.

I posted this before but it vanished. I would put shredded sharp cheddar and reheat. There are books that tell how to rescue most anything that didn't turn out well. None of the names come to mind at the moment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom