Apricot tart recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yummy! thanks for the heads up. Our local Apricots will be showing up in the Greenmarket soon, and I love to treat them "gently," and not do too much to them!

Imagine this with a scoop of Apricot sorbet? ;)

update...I made this today and it is fantastic! I could not find the puff pastry tarts so I bought the sheets instead, cut the sheet into four squares and then folded the ends together towards the center rather than a turnover style. The recipe did not mention using an egg wash over the pastry but I did and it brown beautifully. When the tart baked it open just enough to show the half apricot in the center.

One thing I should mention was that my apricots were slightly firm, which worked well because by the time they were baked, the apricots were perfect, not mushy at all. For the apricot glaze, I bought a jar of apricot preserves and added a small pat of butter while melting. Also, I bought a package of slivered almonds and crush them a bit (did not toast them).

I highly recommend this recipe! I bet this would work well with pears too. Apricot sorbet, great idea chefjune! cjs, your right, the zuccini goat cheese bundles sound good too ;)

Back
Top Bottom