Avocado Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Spread 1/2 pint of sour cream over a graham cracker crust. mash 1 ripe avocado with 1/3 cup lemon juice 1 can of sweetened condensed milk pour this over sour cream base now top with cool whip and refrigerate.
kades

Spread 1/2 pint of sour cream over a graham cracker crust. mash 1 ripe avocado with 1/3 cup lemon juice 1 can of sweetened condensed milk pour this over sour cream base now top with cool whip and refrigerate.
kades
Oh yum. I make an oatmeal cookie recipe and make individual "cupcakes" in a muffin tin when I make cheese cake. I've got this c&p. Thanks, Kades!

Oh yum. I make an oatmeal cookie recipe and make individual "cupcakes" in a muffin tin when I make cheese cake. I've got this c&p. Thanks, Kades!
Your welcome. Let me know if you like it.
kades

We tried avocado pie in Mexico, it was yummy! Thanks Ma!

Well, I couldn't stand waitin' any longer.
Just cut myself a slice of avocado pie, and I gotta say it is mighty, mighty good!
It was still a mite loose, and as such was a little tricky getting it out of the pie pan.
Maybe I shoulda used a larger avocado. Maybe a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk was too much. No matter, the proof is in the tasting and it was exceedingly good.
I did, however bypass the whipped topping. I ain't got much use for the stuff that comes in those tubs, and the spray can whipped topping seems overly sweet to me.
Nevertheless, (which BTW is a word that i have no clue how it came to be) I really like the flavor!
Thanks!

What an interesting pie!

I love all the ingredients..

is this served as a dessert? or a side dish?

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

I might add that Mrs Hoot won't try it, but I expected that. My daughter said she would try it. I will let you know what she thinks tomorrow.
Your dear wife has no idea what she is missing. But don't tell her and you can eat all of it your self:ROFLMAO:
kades

Here is my version
For the crust:
1 cup of chopped almonds
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons sunflower oil

Mix the crust ingredients and spread out on pie pan.

For the filling:
2 large or 3 medium avocados
1/3 cup lime juice
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk

Mix the filling ingredients and pour into pie pan.

Chill until filling has set up.

Avocado Pie by powerplantop, on Flickr

Here is my version
For the crust:
1 cup of chopped almonds

For the filling:
1/3 cup lime juice

This has to be one of the oddest recipes I have seen.

I don't like sweet things.... but I do love avocadoes.... I may have to try it out of sheer curiosity!

Great to hear you enjoyed it Hoot :)

Well, I couldn't stand waitin' any longer.
Just cut myself a slice of avocado pie, and I gotta say it is mighty, mighty good!
It was still a mite loose, and as such was a little tricky getting it out of the pie pan.
Maybe I shoulda used a larger avocado. Maybe a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk was too much. No matter, the proof is in the tasting and it was exceedingly good.
I did, however bypass the whipped topping. I ain't got much use for the stuff that comes in those tubs, and the spray can whipped topping seems overly sweet to me.
Nevertheless, (which BTW is a word that i have no clue how it came to be) I really like the flavor!
Thanks!

Here is my version
For the crust:
1 cup of chopped almonds

For the filling:
1/3 cup lime juice

Thanks for the picture. I love it. Like the crust recipes will make that for us the next time.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom