Baklava mini bites recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
Found this recipe on a site,looks easy and yummy!
Baklava Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup Butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 5 (18x14-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
Glaze Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon butter softened
  • 1 tablespoon honey
Instructions:

Melt 1/2 cup butter in 1-quart saucepan. Stir in 1/2 cup honey, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened (18 to 20 minutes). Remove from heat.

Combine thickened honey mixture, walnuts and raisins in small bowl; mix well. Cool to room temperature (1 hour).

Heat oven to 350°F. Cut phyllo sheets in half crosswise (14x9-inch rectangle). Place 1 1/2 cups filling on end of each phyllo rectangle. Roll up, starting at long (14-inch)edge.

Combine all glaze ingredients; brush over top of dough. Cut into 1-inch slices with sharp knife. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough.

Place baklava slices onto ungreased baking sheet, cut-side down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes; remove from baking sheet. Serve warm or cool.

no i havent tried them yet,i havent even tried baklava yet,but i'm going to,i bought some fillo dough yesterday,but when i looked into the cabinet where i put all my nuts,it was somehow empty..lol,so i have to go buy some nuts 1st and then i'm gonna make it,probably tomorrow...this is the 1st time i'm making baklava...am a little nervous,i hope it comes out nice...

Baklava is really an easy recipe. Dealing with the fillo dough is really the only hard part. Have fun!

i know its basically very simple,but dealing with the fillo dough part is whats scaring me!:rolleyes:

Hey.. just remember that UGLY fillo tastes the same as pretty fillo. If it tears a little...who cares? It's still going to be good and sweet and delishous. GO for it. I'm sure you'll do great!!!!

....and remember, once you get the phyllo bug, you'll be using it for a lot more!

It's so easy to make a beautiful presentation with this stuff. One favorite of mine is a chicken/cream cheese/lemon/chive thingy I wrap up in phyllo. Another favorite is spinach/feta spanikopita.

Best of luck and thanks for the recipe!

alright guys i made baklawa today,and i wasnt expecting it to be soooooo good,it was actually better than most of what i've eaten from bakeries etc,i'm so happy with myself,lol...i got an Iraqi cook book from the library a few days before and i followed the recipe from that book,and used only almonds for nuts,they taste a lot better in baklawa than walnuts or other nuts....my husband who usually doesnt comment on food that i make until i ask him about it,lol:LOL: ,after he took one bite,he was like,wow this is SO GOOD....:chef:

Hi,

it is a great recipe. But the raisins I had leave it beside...
Thank´s for your tip.

lg Tanja:chef:

Sounds delicious! I love Greek food! But I think these would make good nibbles to serve after a turkey or veg pasta too. Thanks for posting this tasty looking recipe Sarah :)

Back
Top Bottom