Beef Wellington pastry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MV Owner

Assistant Cook
Friends,

In a weeks time I will be making some of my favourite dish Beef Wellington.

Anyway, the pastry will be made of a premade all butter puff pastry like this:-

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=275395669

There is a strong possibility that some of the beef wellington will be left over and I want to keep it for the next day to give to my mum.

Please advise how the 'spare' bit is best preserved after i have eaten the rest. Do I chill it immediately after cooking? or let it rest naturally etc?? My mum lives at another address so I will have to transport it to her the next day (in say cling film, tin foil or a container)

I would appreciate thoughts

Cheers

MV

Cheers for taking on a beef wellington! ambitious dish I haven't done. Would love to.

So the idea here is how we can preserve it, right? 48 hours, you are cool (got the pun there?) as long as you keep it less the 40 degrees. You sound like a brit, so if it gets to five Celsius you might worry.

I wouldn't freeze something for a two day difference, just keep it cold.

A beef dish I made today, I'd be confident in it on Wednesday as long as it was in a consistent cold place. For transport I'd say ziploc bag, press out as much air as necessary, and pack it with ice all around.

Beef Wellington is a dish I've always wanted to make, if you have a good recipe I'd love to hear it, best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom