Blueberry Crumb Pie Recipe--TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CherryRed

Senior Cook
I made this on a whim last weekend and it came out AMAZING! It didn't last more than one night. It's sooooo simple to prepare and the filling comes out much better than any of that canned stuff. My only caution is to make sure it's thoroughly cooled before trying to cut it, or else you will end up with a blueberry puddle and some floating crust. Lol.

Blueberry Crumb Pie

Shell
1 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell

Filling
4 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Topping
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Place pie crust into pie pan and crimp edges as desired (or buy a ready to use one and skip this step!).

In a mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients gently.

Pour evenly into pie plate.

Combine flour and sugar for topping and cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs (I use my fingers for this).

Sprinkle evenly over filling.

Bake for 35-45 minutes until filling starts to bubble and crust is lightly browned.

Serve with whipped cream or my favourite - a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

:chef:

CherryRed your pie recipe sounds delicious. I really like crumb topping on a pie. Thank you so much for sharing.:)

I hope you two like how it comes out. Let me know if you try it!

I have made the blueberry fried pies and muffins. I had considered making a blueberry cobbler or fruit dumplings. But this recipe seems like the logical one to go for and make some happy people. I love the vanilla ice cream ala'mode!

Wow, I'm not into baking too much, but you might have talked me into trying this. I'm going to think about buying any ingrediants I don't have this weekend and make it next week. Too bad it's not blueberrie season over here. The farm blueberries are so much better than the store ones. Either that...I'll wait until it's blueberrie season.

I just made this again, only I used six of those tiny single serving pie shells to make it more picnic-friendly. Worked out great! I forgot that the oven was supposed to be 375 (was working from memory and didn't have the recipe in front of me), so I set it to 350 and baked the 6 mini pies on a cookie sheet for 25 minutes. They're cooling now and I can't wait to serve them at my family's incredibly delayed post-father's day picnic later. This recipe is becoming one of my all-time favorites. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom