Blueberry Pie!!!???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Some brain dead idiot carefully measured 1/4 cup of vodka and another of water. Sadly it wasn't until it was too late that I realized 1/4 cup is 2 ounces and not 4 ounces. I had added double the called for liquid...
S'okay, Andy. The second try always tastes so much better! Tomorrow's report will make us drool.

My SIL copied my trusty-dusty pie crust recipe decades ago when she was challenged to make a REAL crust by her-brother-my-hubby after she made one from that awful Pillsbury boxed version. Unfortunately, the "1/2 cup shortening" became "2 1/2 cup shortening" when she wrote it out. :ohmy: She kept adding flour to try and make it right, but her hubby told her to dump it and call me to check the recipe. Perfect when she made it the next day, and she didn't have your experience. You've got this one. ;)

Some brain dead idiot carefully measured 1/4 cup of vodka and another of water. Sadly it wasn't until it was too late that I realized 1/4 cup is 2 ounces and not 4 ounces. I had added double the called for liquid.

Oh, well. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Forget the crust. Drink the vodka and you won't care about the blueberries. :angel:

I Made A Great Blueberry Pie!

That recipe worked very well. It's a little fussy as ATK recipes often are, but it came out great. The filling is delicious, has good texture and doesn't run out of the pie. The crust was a little thick for my liking but it cooked great, especially the bottom crust (a major problem with my last attempt).

A big thanks to bakechef who put me onto this recipe. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-are-you-baking-today-2015-a-92088-3.html#post1429917

I think those big holes are goofy looking but I followed the recipe exactly.

Attachments

• DSC05059.jpg
    DSC05059.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC05063.jpg
    DSC05063.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 293
Hi, Uncle Bob. I guess I'll just call it home made blueberry pie. ;)

My grandmother used to make a Huckleberry Cobbler. :yum: Was fittin to eat.
Huckleberry is the wild version of the Blueberry. A little smaller and more tart. ~~ Had a guy pick about 3 gallons of blueberries for me a while back...He picked them still red with a hint of blue. Closest thing I've had to a Huckleberry in quite some time. With the addition of a little lemon juice they made an awesome cobbler. :chef: ~ Enjoy your pie.

Thanks for the chuckle with your "universe" comment, Uncle Bob!

My grandmother used to make a Huckleberry Cobbler....With the addition of a little lemon juice they made an awesome cobbler. :chef: ~ Enjoy your pie.
And thank you for the idea. I have two pints of blues that need to be used, but have been too busy/lazy to make either a pie or a tea break. Cobbler? Quick and easy. Tomorrow, I bake. :chef: Thanks again.

My grandmother used to make a Huckleberry Cobbler. :yum: Was fittin to eat.
Huckleberry is the wild version of the Blueberry. A little smaller and more tart. ~~ Had a guy pick about 3 gallons of blueberries for me a while back...He picked them still red with a hint of blue. Closest thing I've had to a Huckleberry in quite some time. With the addition of a little lemon juice they made an awesome cobbler. :chef: ~ Enjoy your pie.

UB, I've never had huckleberries. Also never made a cobbler. I'll have to look into that. After all, a cobbler is a pie and I love pie.

UB, I've never had huckleberries. Also never made a cobbler. I'll have to look into that. After all, a cobbler is a pie and I love pie.

Andy, up in my neck of the woods, wild blueberries are still called blueberries, and are sweeter than any store-bought blueberry. As for cobblers, they are easy to make, and yummy, especially served hot along side a bowl of good ice cream.

Oh, and great job on your blueberry pie. Crusts are my specialty, light, flaky, and yummy. Some kinds of fillings are 2nd nature to me. But I've had a bit of trouble making the perfect consistency for the filling. Yours looks perfect. Kinda wish I had a transporter, like in Star Trek. I'd like a piece of that pie, and would be willing to trade something for it. Alas, transporters are only found in the world of SF.

Ya know. one of these days you'll be able to beat us all in all categories, if you keep working at it, well, maybe no my egg rolls.:LOL:

Nice job. And Uncle Bob, it's a downright pleasure to see your posts. You're a missed man, at least when i'm throwing snowballs.:LOL:

Naw, I've always read your posts with interest, and you're a true gentleman, and friend.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You are welcome! Yeah ATK recipes can be fiddly, but sometimes they are worth the trouble. This had the exact texture that I wanted, juicy but not runny and not too firm.

Their peach pie is my go to as well, again an extra step but perfect results every time.

That pie looks just like the original!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

You are welcome! Yeah ATK recipes can be fiddly, but sometimes they are worth the trouble. This had the exact texture that I wanted, juicy but not runny and not too firm.

Their peach pie is my go to as well, again an extra step but perfect results every time.

That pie looks just like the original!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Bakechef, did you find the crust a little thicker than normal?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom