Blueberry Pie Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I want to have ready a double crusted blueberry pie for when my sister and BIL are here. How far ahead of their visit can I make it, and what is the best way to store it?

Thanks for any tips.

I just did a google on "freezing blueberry pie" and came up with several suggestions. One was to make the filling, then freeze it. I know that I have made other types of pie (apple and peach) and frozen them, then pop in the oven, just like the commercial ones. I don't remember if I parbaked them first or not, though. Try this website:
Freezing Pies

hmmm, I'm also using home canned filling, so that is already made. I did a tiny test pie last week, used one crust to make a small two crust pie, it was really good..

well now, that is the second recipe that recommends freezing the filling separate in the shape of the pie pan. Am I to assume that baking it off when they are here is the best plan?:blush:

If the filling is already made, I would just pop it into some pre-made crusts and bake it the night before or the morning you want to eat it.

just set your alarm (like on a cell) and put it in before you mow, then take a break to take it out of the oven.
sounds yummy!
What's the recipe for the home-canned filling?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom