Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I want to make some and freeze but with everyone home its not happening. After boys go back from winter break, will make some and freeze before they get home lol.

See what I mean you guys? Even Jo isn't getting a break.
I feel like unfit Mother sneaking around my boys backs, just to make a pies to freeze. Makes me feel a little cheap and dirty :ROFLMAO:

Jo I'll put my order in with you for your Lemon pies.
Think Merange would work in this? Looks tempting to make.

Munky.

I would put the meringue on and then use a torch to brown it. I don't think it would work in the maker.

See what I mean you guys? Even Jo isn't getting a break.

Jo I'll put my order in with you for your Lemon pies.
Think Merange would work in this? Looks tempting to make.

Munky.

Yeah I would make the lemon with more of an opening on top then when done baking put the meringue on. Hubby mentioned that to me too lol.

I made 8 more pies today from left over dough from yesterday that I had in a container in frig. Nope not doing that again, the crusts on tops did not cook like they would have with fresh dough made. Pies still yummy, but lesson learned lol

I would put the meringue on and then use a torch to brown it. I don't think it would work in the maker.

I'd better play it safe and do it Jo's way.
Been playing with fire enough these days. With my luck I'd burn my shack down. :ohmy:

Munky.

I made 8 more pies today from left over dough from yesterday that I had in a container in frig. Nope not doing that again, the crusts on tops did not cook like they would have with fresh dough made. Pies still yummy, but lesson learned lol

What kind of crust recipe did you use?
Melted butter, brushed on the tops before cooking helps.

Munky.

What kind of crust recipe did you use?
Melted butter, brushed on the tops before cooking helps.

Munky.

Was using the Crisco crust recipe. They just did not brown enough and tops didn't want to stay in place. But Hey I can eat it with a fork instead of holding it lol.

Was using the Crisco crust recipe. They just did not brown enough and tops didn't want to stay in place. But Hey I can eat it with a fork instead of holding it lol.

Using butter (or half butter and half shortening) in place of shortening, or adding some sugar to the dough will help with browning!

Oh man, just ate my first two pies! I think my next batch will be four.

It surprised me how long it took for the tops to get browned.

I used canned "White Chili" as filling. It was really good!

Thanks to all you guys for talking me into getting this gadget!

I'm defrosting some more pie crusts right now! Yum!

I find that brushing my pie top crust with an egg wash gives them a nice shiny browning finish. The kind you want to take a picture of. I also sprinkle raw sugar on it while it is wet with the egg wash. :yum:

I'm eating my first egg pie. I used White Wheat bread for the bottom crust and it worked great. The crust turned out crisy and yummy, the egg cooked perfectly with the white firm and the yolk runny.

I put a Mexican cheese mix in the bottom, then the raw egg, and topped it with some hot sauce before eating. Cooked for 6:30.

I'll be doing this many more times.

The trick is to make three other pies that you can put in the fridge or freezer. Or make breakfast and lunch plus leftovers.

You all are killing me :blink:, I keep reading this thread and have a burning desire to go buy one.... Can you use other types of "crust" as in maybe a drop of biscuit on the top?

You all are killing me :blink:, I keep reading this thread and have a burning desire to go buy one.... Can you use other types of "crust" as in maybe a drop of biscuit on the top?

Yes and puff pastry, no crust, toast rounds on top of a stew filling. Okay, now I have to get my Piemaker out...

Yes and puff pastry, no crust, toast rounds on top of a stew filling. Okay, now I have to get my Piemaker out...

Thanks for the reply :) So, I checked it out at W&S. It's really not as big as I expected (which is a good thing). I just need to think on this a bit, I am such a impulse buyer. :ermm:

Thanks for the reply :) So, I checked it out at W&S. It's really not as big as I expected (which is a good thing). I just need to think on this a bit, I am such a impulse buyer. :ermm:

We were Impulse Buying, too. But it was "out of stock" for many months. When it came back in stock, we still wanted it. One of the best things we ever bought. How big did you think it was? It makes 4 individual pies.:chef:

We were Impulse Buying, too. But it was "out of stock" for many months. When it came back in stock, we still wanted it. One of the best things we ever bought. How big did you think it was? It makes 4 individual pies.:chef:

LOL, I guess I was thinking toaster oven size when in reality it looks more like George Foreman grill size :whistling Either way, that's why I work right!

I'm eating my first egg pie. I used White Wheat bread for the bottom crust and it worked great. The crust turned out crisy and yummy, the egg cooked perfectly with the white firm and the yolk runny.

I put a Mexican cheese mix in the bottom, then the raw egg, and topped it with some hot sauce before eating. Cooked for 6:30.

I'll be doing this many more times.

This sounds like something my guys would like to eat. Sounds like you are doing real well with your pie maker. Thanks for the yummy posts!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom