"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 10-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #181
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Looks really good! Shrek wants to try marinara and mozz deepdish.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #182
Honey Badger

Catching up on everything at home. I think the mail man got a little testy with my box.
Crammed into a pile of fliers was the new Williams and Sonoma Catalog. Or you can see it online. Aww how cute they have a Deep Dish Pizza recipe
Breville Pie Maker | Williams-Sonoma

The Brevilles are on sale *exclusive - for $99.95 normal retail price is $150.00.. ouch!
I think somebody's been listening. They now have a mini pie book 96 pages-40 recipes- Hardcover- $19.95.

Just what I've been wanting most a Chef'n Mini Pie Lifter $12.95.

That is so going to be mine! No more worries about scratching the pie maker or accidentally pulling the tops off. Hoping I don't drop it off of the spatula. It happened a few times.

Munky.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #183
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Definitely suspicious. I found another brand of mini pie maker (not sure what brand) in another catalog. It was $59...and looked totally cheesy. With a little common sense, I really don't need much in the way of a cookbook for it.

Tomorrow, we are doing some taco pies in some masa shells. Will top with our favorite taco fillings, cheese, sourcream, lettuce tomatoes...
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #184
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Bed Bath and Beyond has a pie maker by babycakes (I think) and Target has one by Sunbeam, both for $29.99. Their interior looks exactly like the Breville, but the exterior is no where near the quality of the Breville. But for 1/3 the price, might be worth giving a try.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:40 AM   #185
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Catching up on everything at home. I think the mail man got a little testy with my box.
Crammed into a pile of fliers was the new Williams and Sonoma Catalog. Or you can see it online. Aww how cute they have a Deep Dish Pizza recipe
Breville Pie Maker | Williams-Sonoma

The Brevilles are on sale *exclusive - for $99.95 normal retail price is $150.00.. ouch!
I think somebody's been listening. They now have a mini pie book 96 pages-40 recipes- Hardcover- $19.95.

Just what I've been wanting most a Chef'n Mini Pie Lifter $12.95.

That is so going to be mine! No more worries about scratching the pie maker or accidentally pulling the tops off. Hoping I don't drop it off of the spatula. It happened a few times.

Munky.
Got the dookbook and the spatula for me well worth the money. and that spatula works so great.
kades
Old 10-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #186
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Definitely suspicious. I found another brand of mini pie maker (not sure what brand) in another catalog. It was $59...and looked totally cheesy. With a little common sense, I really don't need much in the way of a cookbook for it.

Tomorrow, we are doing some taco pies in some masa shells. Will top with our favorite taco fillings, cheese, sourcream, lettuce tomatoes...
Is dinner done yet? That sounds really good.
How do you make the masa shells? Are they taco bowls?

Munky.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #187
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Bed Bath and Beyond has a pie maker by babycakes (I think) and Target has one by Sunbeam, both for $29.99. Their interior looks exactly like the Breville, but the exterior is no where near the quality of the Breville. But for 1/3 the price, might be worth giving a try.
The exterior of them reminds me of the Easy Bake Ovens.. Cheesy colors..
PM-44 - Pie Makers - Products - Babycakes

What's a Whoopie Pie?

For $30.00 it might be worth trying..Don't drop it..

Munky.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #188
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Is dinner done yet? That sounds really good.
How do you make the masa shells? Are they taco bowls?

Munky.
I used masa from my last batch of tamales, using the pusher, I just put a ball of masa in each pie indent and squished to form. They were about 1/8th inch thick and let them steam in the piemaker for 5 minutes before filling the shells and topping with cheese.

They are delicious!

Tamale Masa...I use the recipe on the Maseca brand of Instant Corn masa mix.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #189
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I used masa from my last batch of tamales, using the pusher, I just put a ball of masa in each pie indent and squished to form. They were about 1/8th inch thick and let them steam in the piemaker for 5 minutes before filling the shells and topping with cheese.

They are delicious!

Tamale Masa...I use the recipe on the Maseca brand of Instant Corn masa mix.
Ahhhh!! I was thinking Tamale. That's a clever recipe. I bet they are delicious.. Does the masa get a little crispy? Baking time 10 min or so? Do they need a top?

I'm hungry and don't have a clue what to make for dinner. But I do have a bag of masa in the fridge.. Same kind as yours.

Munky
Old 10-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #190
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Ahhhh!! I was thinking Tamale. That's a clever recipe. I bet they are delicious.. Does the masa get a little crispy? Baking time 10 min or so? Do they need a top?

I'm hungry and don't have a clue what to make for dinner. But I do have a bag of masa in the fridge.. Same kind as yours.

Munky
Little crispy on the bottom, they hold their shape well, no top. Once filled, I baked them for ten before putting the cheese on to melt.

Tags
None