Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess..
It's here. Yeah!!! Is it ever a beautiful looking appliance. I'm stunned.
The video and pics haven't done this appliance much justice.
Munky.

Fantastic Munky! And thanks for the extra info, I will check into a 2 - pie maker. I'm so happy for you!:) Have fun with it! Let us know how it does!

Finished

Today was the first chance I've had to try this beauty out. I made 2 separate crusts. Butter puff for the top. And a regular pie crust for the bottoms.

They took about 15 minutes to cook. Made a Chicken pot pie, and a Chile pot pie's loaded up with cheese. The portion was a bit much for me. Couldn't finish one. Between the filling and crusts, they were rich tasting, a great combination of doughs. Very filling.

The pie maker was a breeze to use. Simple clean up. Cooked evenly. The only thing I wish It had come with is something non abrasive to lift the cooked pies out with. When they were finished cooking they were heavy. These are not the light banquet frozen pies.

When pressing the dough shell into it. I found that dipping the cutters into flour helped it from sticking to the dough. Other then those minor things. It's a great versatile product.

Munky.

img_944696_0_51a3a5b7d2ad55260e59ec939048716b.jpg

img_944696_1_d3d02e8d00257c871f4c8b83a4b01f18.jpg

Those look GREAT. This would make a great Christmas gift for Mrs .40.

Hmmmmmm...opening new page and googleing.

I'm not finding the two pie maker, seems it's defunct. Trying to justify the space this one will take and how often I will use it.

Princess,
Saw one on Ebay if you want. Sunbeam brand though. I've always had terrible luck with that brand.

Princess,
Saw one on Ebay if you want. Sunbeam brand though. I've always had terrible luck with that brand.

I have gotten to that point in life where I don't want second best. I was just out in the kitchen looking at what I could do without. :) Probably a good thing Shrek was in the living room:ROFLMAO:

I have gotten to that point in life where I don't want second best. I was just out in the kitchen looking at what I could do without. :) Probably a good thing Shrek was in the living room:ROFLMAO:

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned Ebay. It was the only place that I found that had the 2 that you wanted. Like you I'm not into second best. I'll save and wait for something then to settle for less. It's nothing that can't keep.

Have an update on the pies. Made and packed some in hubby's lunch. Grilled him with questions that I knew would be eventually asked here.

The pies stay hot for a long time. He had his 4hrs after he got to work. They weren't soggy at the bottom. No moisture collected. The crusts were still flaky, the pies themselves he was able to eat like a cookie. But not crumble. He said they were awesome!! Stopped by the store to buy a fresh ham, cheeses and fruit. On his way home.

Today I'll be experimenting around some more. Boys want pizza and breakfast pockets, some fruit pies. Sooo.. My delema now is where am I going to post all the recipes? LOL!!

Munky.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned Ebay. It was the only place that I found that had the 2 that you wanted. Like you I'm not into second best. I'll save and wait for something then to settle for less. It's nothing that can't keep.

Have an update on the pies. Made and packed some in hubby's lunch. Grilled him with questions that I knew would be eventually asked here.

The pies stay hot for a long time. He had his 4hrs after he got to work. They weren't soggy at the bottom. No moisture collected. The crusts were still flaky, the pies themselves he was able to eat like a cookie. But not crumble. He said they were awesome!! Stopped by the store to buy a fresh ham, cheeses and fruit. On his way home.

Today I'll be experimenting around some more. Boys want pizza and breakfast pockets, some fruit pies. Sooo.. My delema now is where am I going to post all the recipes? LOL!!

Munky.

Ebay was fine, Sunbeam...:glare::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm going to get the Breville, I really like the looks of it.

So glad to see it's working out!

How's about the "Quick Meals" or "Meals in Minutes Forum"...patiently waiting for my Breville...:angel:

Munky.

I'd post the recipes under one dish meals. Do they make a single pie type? Cooking for myself, and the size you showed, two would be too much, don't you think?

I'd post the recipes under one dish meals. Do they make a single pie type? Cooking for myself, and the size you showed, two would be too much, don't you think?

They don't make the single's. I'm cooking for 4. Like to have things prepared just in case of emergencies, and I'm not here to cook. Last time wasn't any fun.

The one dish meal idea is a good one. If that person has a counter top pie maker. The recipes vary so much that it's left open for the chef.
They will probably have to go into the pie section under Counter Top Cookers, Personal Pies, something like that. We'll see what happens. Still experimenting with it. :chef:

Munky.

We had a hilarious mishap with the pie maker. This shouldn't be repeated unless you just like to live on the edge anyways.. Just do it at home. :LOL:

Had to try making an Omelet in it. Lightly beat a few eggs, added some Ham, fresh pepper. Preheated the pie maker. Poured it almost to the top of the base. Closed and listened for the handles gentle lock click. I shouldn't have done that, but just let it close unlocked.

After about 3 minutes it was really whistling. Were standing in front of it keeping an eye on it. It started getting really loud. Had a feeling something bad was going to happen. Like a coward I took off across the kitchen. Opened up the side by side doors of the fridge and used it as a shield. Peeked around it watching. That pie makers lid popped so loud the whole thing just popped open. BOOM! That sucker even bounced up. We sploded' our pie maker. It was one of those " Whoa! that was sooo awesome cool to watch!".. Funny watching my oldest son jump like that. Had a good laugh.
The omelets made it. Intact. They were fluffy nice golden brown. Perfectly cooked in 6 minutes.

Munky.

We had a hilarious mishap with the pie maker. This shouldn't be repeated unless you just like to live on the edge anyways.. Just do it at home. :LOL:

Had to try making an Omelet in it. Lightly beat a few eggs, added some Ham, fresh pepper. Preheated the pie maker. Poured it almost to the top of the base. Closed and listened for the handles gentle lock click. I shouldn't have done that, but just let it close unlocked.

After about 3 minutes it was really whistling. Were standing in front of it keeping an eye on it. It started getting really loud. Had a feeling something bad was going to happen. Like a coward I took off across the kitchen. Opened up the side by side doors of the fridge and used it as a shield. Peeked around it watching. That pie makers lid popped so loud the whole thing just popped open. BOOM! That sucker even bounced up. We sploded' our pie maker. It was one of those " Whoa! that was sooo awesome cool to watch!".. Funny watching my oldest son jump like that. Had a good laugh.
The omelets made it. Intact. They were fluffy nice golden brown. Perfectly cooked in 6 minutes.

Munky.

:ROFLMAO: At least it didn't get too graphic or spread egg all over!

Hello everyone! I was feverishly scouring the Interwebs for recipes for my new Breville Pie Maker (just arrived today) when I found this forum. I have high hopes for this little gem! I only cook for two, but making 4 pies means 2 can go in the freezer for later, which is perfect for our busy lifestyles. We eat a lot of meat, so leftovers will be great in savory pies, and my office has a weekly fruit basket, which means at the end of the week I can take home apples, pears, etc. and make fruit pies. I have never in my LIFE made a pie crust, but I'm willing to try that or to use the best premade crusts out there, whichever works best. Looking forward to exchanging ideas!! Becky

Hello everyone! I was feverishly scouring the Interwebs for recipes for my new Breville Pie Maker (just arrived today) when I found this forum. I have high hopes for this little gem! I only cook for two, but making 4 pies means 2 can go in the freezer for later, which is perfect for our busy lifestyles. We eat a lot of meat, so leftovers will be great in savory pies, and my office has a weekly fruit basket, which means at the end of the week I can take home apples, pears, etc. and make fruit pies. I have never in my LIFE made a pie crust, but I'm willing to try that or to use the best premade crusts out there, whichever works best. Looking forward to exchanging ideas!! Becky

I'm envious. Was it very expensive?

Hiya Kivatar,

Glad you found us :)

You are going to love that pie maker. Mine has been used daily. Each pie whether it's a meat and veggie, Fruits canned or fresh have turned out beautifully in it. I've notice when making fruit pies to be careful on how much filling you add. If it's the canned Comstock brand it's better to drain the fruit from the juices. Add it last. If you add too much filling the tops will separate from the bottom base. The average time for fruit pies is 15 minutes. Meat pies 20-25 minutes.

Parboil or steam the veggies to ensure that they are cooked fully. Everything will heat and brown evenly.
I bought a counter top timer, just set that and see how it goes.

I've tried several recipes for pie crusts bases and tops.
This one has worked out the best. The dough has to be used at room temp. It's easier to work with. These 2 together form together perfectly. Very tasty. Pita dough has been hit and miss. Still working on that. They were great tasting but I'm looking for something a little different. It's fun to experiment with it. Maybe a Foccia (sp) dough for pocket pizzas..

For the bottom base:
2 Cups AP flour
3/4 Cup Lard
1 Teaspoon of salt
5 to 6 Tablespoons of ice water.

Crumble the flour, salt and lard into a mixing bowl. Work it until it's fine crumb. Gradually add the water until it's fully incorporated and a soft dough. Wrap in saran wrap. Refrigerate over night, or a few hours. When it's ready roll the dough onto a floured surface. 1/8" thick. Cut and place on a floured plate. Makes about 8 bases.

Top Crust Butter Puff:
1 1/4 Cup sifted AP flour
1 stick of salted butter
2-3 Tablespoons of ice water

Cut the butter into the flour until it's a fine crumb. Gradually add the water until the dough is soft and incorporated. Roll, Cut shape, repeat. Makes about 8 Flaky crusts.

Have fun with it. Welcome to DC :)

Munky.

I'm envious. Was it very expensive?

Zhizara,

I got mine from William and Sonoma. Had it in just a few days. * around $80.00 well spent bucks. Perfect condition.

Wouldn't you know it *AFTER I bought it You tube had a Breville commercial. That pie maker made 8 at a time.. I can't find who sells it in the states though. KARMA!! :LOL:

Munky.

Zhizara,

I got mine from William and Sonoma. Had it in just a few days. * around $80.00 well spent bucks. Perfect condition.

Wouldn't you know it *AFTER I bought it You tube had a Breville commercial. That pie maker made 8 at a time.. I can't find who sells it in the states though. KARMA!! :LOL:

Munky.

$80! YIKES.

I'd really like a two pie maker. I love Banquet Pot pies. The gravy is delicious and when microwaves came along and they don't have the aluminum pie pan any more, I can't get the crispy crust. BUMMER.

How about those on the informercials? Has anyone used one of those? Did you like it?

Back
Top Bottom