"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 12-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #241
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The only problem I have with pie crust is having the room to roll it out. I ended up making a top that fit over the stove.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #242
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The only problem I have with pie crust is having the room to roll it out. I ended up making a top that fit over the stove.
I did the same for my main counter in the kitchen. It was too narrow, so I had a "Lid" made for it that doubled its size. All I had to do is nail it from the bottom and it was installed!

Old 12-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #243
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Mine had to clear the heating elements and be portable and storable. Works for me. I can also use it on 2 TV trays to make another table if we have people over.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #244
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
Heresy!!! my real name is Father Tart of the Church of the Latter Day Conceptional Crust. I urge you Spork to return to the path of the pie tin, the Brevillian faith is based on Lard lust and unholy fillings.Recant before I send Abbott Ginger Nut around to perform his famous 30 minute Bakewell Tart exorcism.
Rise up oh followers of the true faith, take up the cooky cutter of righteousness, put on the cupcake helmet of crusade and smite the heathens with the rye loaf of retribution
It's clear I've been unnecessarily concerned that lack of inhalant incense would take the edge off Bolas. That is ripping funny!
Old 12-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #245
Chef Extraordinaire

Hark, do I hear my hero Sir Thanks A Lot coming to rescue me on his trusty white steed?

I took my muscle relaxer, fell into a deep sleep for a few hours, and wake up not even knowing what day it is. I love living in this state.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:40 AM   #246
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork View Post
It's clear I've been unnecessarily concerned that lack of inhalant incense would take the edge off Bolas. That is ripping funny!
My child the path to pie perfection and tartification is a quest only for the brave, my oven gloves and spatula do comfort me.Beware the idolatry of the Brevilians for this idol cannot be submerged in the cleansing waters of salvation and only has a 12 month guarantee.
Repent my child and I will baptise you as Abbess Spork keeper of the Holy Gravy!
Old 12-18-2011, 04:01 AM   #247
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Hark, do I hear my hero Sir Thanks A Lot coming to rescue me on his trusty white steed?

I took my muscle relaxer, fell into a deep sleep for a few hours, and wake up not even knowing what day it is. I love living in this state.
My child the Church of the Conceptual Crust is a big tent, the Rastafarian wing needs new members.For Binghi Deacon Bob makes a 'erb ginger cake to die for, 6 of my patties induce a similar comatose state
Old 12-18-2011, 04:12 AM   #248
Executive Chef

Quote:
Mine had to clear the heating elements and be portable and storable. Works for me. I can also use it on 2 TV trays to make another table if we have people over.
Get behind me Sablee, I see who you are, you pretend to be Mrs Miggins of the ye olde worlde pie shopee but in reality you are Sweeny Todd dang dang darrrrrr(sound effect)I know your weakness and I am preparing my garlic infused hot water crust frisbee of death(think Oddjobs bowler) baked for 2 hours at wood mark 4. So bring it on Sweeny my oven gloves are Kevlar
Old 12-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #249
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you for my laugh for the day. I needed it.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #250
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Now my counters are standard size. But I can't reach the back of them. Only because I stand a whopping 4'8" tall. I have the room to roll out a large piece of dough, but I have to stand on something to reach to the back.

I can hear you laughing!!!

Tags
None