"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 12-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #251
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Now my counters are standard size. But I can't reach the back of them. Only because I stand a whopping 4'8" tall. I have the room to roll out a large piece of dough, but I have to stand on something to reach to the back.

I can hear you laughing!!!
My Great-Grandmother was tiny, too. My Grandfather, her SIL, built her a kitchen she could function in. It was the last kitchen I was ever comfortable working in. I'm 4'11".

Old 12-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #252
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
My Great-Grandmother was tiny, too. My Grandfather, her SIL, built her a kitchen she could function in. It was the last kitchen I was ever comfortable working in. I'm 4'11".
Meanwhile, I'm 6'0 and do EVERYTHING in my kitchen hunched over.

Any new mini pie recipes to share? I haven't used mine in a bit but just scrolled through the 26 pages and was reminded that I wanted to make those chocolate pies from Munkey!

Old 12-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #253
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I made spinach and bacon quiche in the pie maker the other night. Very good!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #254
Honey Badger

Princess I didn't know you and I are the same height.. Well that's just all awesome and then some!..

Your teasing us again withholding recipes for the pie maker.. again...

I've now had mine for a year. Have I had much peace with it? Not a chance.
Like the Paninni maker they have both become a permanent fixture in my kitchen. It's holding up extremely well, for as much as I use it. Trust me it's often...
Timothy's going to be sorryyyy..
Enjoy Tim! That's all I have to say about that...

I just finished one long marathon session with it. What was supposed to be an easy day, turned into an all day thing. Just finished. Made 2 types of deep dish pizza's. The regular, Then used up some Grilled Chicken, brushed the dough with and Herbed Olive Oil Dipping base, topped it with caramelized onions, Chopped tomatoes, Mozzarella.

Used pretty much everyone's idea for LT's 20 clove crock pot Chicken.
Crock Pot 20 clove Chicken
Ran all the garlic, onions and carrot's through a blender. Made a nice gravy then added the shredded chicken and made pot pies.. Yes they were yummy..

That's been my adventure for the day.. So glad the Mother ship has reclining seats.

Munky.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #255
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just wilted 8 ounces spinach in the bacongrease and drained. About a quarter pound of bacon cooked and crumbled. Whisked 4 eggs with 1/2 cup half & half, sea salt and fresh ground pepper and a grind of nutmeg. Lined the bottom cups on the preheated pie maker with puff pastry. 2 ounces of spinach in each, topped with grated Swiss (about 1 ounce each), ladled in the egg mixture and baked until set with the lid down, about ten minutes, topped with the bacon crumbles 10 minutes in.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #256
Executive Chef

Does anyone own this one?

Emeril by T-fal, SM2205004 Electric Nonstick Plates Cake and Pie Maker, Black
Old 12-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #257
Assistant Cook

I made 2 batches of the pecan pie out of the official cookbook last night, choosing the cane syrup option instead of corn syrup. Delicious, and they make a great part of my baked treats holiday gift to hand out at work.

Last week, I also used leftovers from this recipe -- Green garden veg pie recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food -- to make pot pies, just adding a little milk and some chicken I cooked with a bit of curry and ginger. They were very good, and had a lot more flavor than the chicken pot pie recipe in the official cookbook. Thanks for the link to that BBC website, I found it on one of the earlier pages in this forum.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #258
Assistant Cook

Bread for crust?

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while since this thread started, but I was wondering if anyone had tried using loaf bread instead of pastry. It mentions it in the booklet that comes with the pie maker, but I haven't seen much about it.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #259
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I was thinking of buying some frozen dinner rolls to use as crust for the pies, just haven't done it yet. Nice to try some cabbage rolls.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #260
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate1337 View Post
Hello everyone! I know it's been a while since this thread started, but I was wondering if anyone had tried using loaf bread instead of pastry. It mentions it in the booklet that comes with the pie maker, but I haven't seen much about it.
Welcome to the Brevillian Cult Kate,
The thread might be a long one. Started a while back. Like us. It's fresh.

Yes you can use loaf bread, even the 1 Lb, frozen loaves from the store. Home made if you prefer.
I use it all the time for Deep Dish Pizza's, Bierocks. Treat it as though you were actually going to use a Pizza pan. I roll it out to a 1/4" sometimes less. The dough will rise a little while it cooks in the pie maker. Use the bottom crust cutter for the base. Fill and top.. Your all set.

Munky.

Tags
None