"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #261
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Hi all,

I'm a new cult member and already preparing for my first encounter with the mother ship! Just got one of these bad boys for Christmas. Didn't know they even existed and now am (mentally) trying to make up for lost time!!!! Since the last couple of days were so busy, I'm getting ready to make my first batch tonight. I'm going to inaugurate this maker with some chicken pot pies, not extraordinarily exotic but it seems like the quintessential savory recipe.

Just want to thank you all for the great recipe ideas you've all posted so generously. I love to experiment (not just in the kitchen!) and this seems like the perfect gadget to do so. I'm already dreaming about deep dish pizzas, tamales/empandas, seafood stews, etc. I have a family event this weekend and I'm totally stoked! Going to the store now to pick up some essentials and then get to work. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Josh
__________________

__________________
Webnabled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #262
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Welcome to DC and the Brevillian Cult...hope you like purple.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #263
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Ok, I've almost talked myself into buying one.

Other than sweet desert pies, what else can I cook in this thing?

1. Chicken pot pie

2. Beef pot pie

3. Quiche

4. Veggie and cheese pies

5. ???????
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #264
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Cabbage rolls
deep dish pizza
fruit pies
cornbread
polenta shells with tamale filling
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #265
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webnabled View Post
Hi all,

I'm a new cult member and already preparing for my first encounter with the mother ship! Just got one of these bad boys for Christmas. Didn't know they even existed and now am (mentally) trying to make up for lost time!!!! Since the last couple of days were so busy, I'm getting ready to make my first batch tonight. I'm going to inaugurate this maker with some chicken pot pies, not extraordinarily exotic but it seems like the quintessential savory recipe.

Just want to thank you all for the great recipe ideas you've all posted so generously. I love to experiment (not just in the kitchen!) and this seems like the perfect gadget to do so. I'm already dreaming about deep dish pizzas, tamales/empandas, seafood stews, etc. I have a family event this weekend and I'm totally stoked! Going to the store now to pick up some essentials and then get to work. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Josh
LOL!!.. I knew we'd have a new recruit by sundown.. Welcome aboard fellow Brevillian... Enjoy the ride! Were just here " To Serve Man"..
Feel free to jump on in. Not out. The Mother ship didn't come equipped with a net.
It was extra.

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #266
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
LOL!!.. I knew we'd have a new recruit by sundown.. Welcome aboard fellow Brevillian... Enjoy the ride! Were just here " To Serve Man"..
Feel free to jump on in. Not out. The Mother ship didn't come equipped with a net.
It was extra.

Munky.
I have that cookbook...err, book.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #267
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Ok, I've almost talked myself into buying one.

Other than sweet desert pies, what else can I cook in this thing?

1. Chicken pot pie

2. Beef pot pie

3. Quiche

4. Veggie and cheese pies

5. ???????
#6.. Toasted home made Raviolis made from scratch. Just made an experimental batch. First time in the pie maker. It was pretty good. Not bad for not being fried.
I'll have it tweaked by the morning. Post the recipe and pics tomorrow.

Are you in yet?.. We'll give ya a free pass on the Union Dues this month. Were nice like that
Did I tell ya the Mother Ship has Pandora and a sreamin' stereo system?

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #268
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have that cookbook...err, book.
You had the book and didn't tell me.? Am I the only one that doesn't have it.
Santa jipped me again... He's so OFF my Xmas card list for next year!

Munky.

P.S..

OMG, Princess I just got the joke..!! HAHAA!!
Slowing down must be bedtime..
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #269
Assistant Cook
 
Jos4Boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 48
muffins ?

Hi, my name is Joanna (Jo for short), I am new to this site, read all 27 pages. Got a new Bella pie maker this Christmas. I am wondering can I make muffins in it without using a cupcake paper? Just pour in the pie maker? I have some bananas I want to use up and try out my pie maker. I am looking forward to making all kinds of yummy pies in this new toy. I was making pie pockets by hand and I tell ya I was excited to get this pie maker b/c making by hand they were not the prettiest but were yummy. I look forward to all the recipes you all have posted too. I made notes of pages they were on. Thanks in advance.
Jo
__________________
Jos4Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #270
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos4Boys View Post
Hi, my name is Joanna (Jo for short), I am new to this site, read all 27 pages. Got a new Bella pie maker this Christmas. I am wondering can I make muffins in it without using a cupcake paper? Just pour in the pie maker? I have some bananas I want to use up and try out my pie maker. I am looking forward to making all kinds of yummy pies in this new toy. I was making pie pockets by hand and I tell ya I was excited to get this pie maker b/c making by hand they were not the prettiest but were yummy. I look forward to all the recipes you all have posted too. I made notes of pages they were on. Thanks in advance.
Jo
Hi Jo Brevillian.. We've been expecting you.. We come in peace.

Yes you can make muffins and mini cakes in your pie maker. Any recipe you have will work
Fill the molds un greased or paper lined, just above half way. Close and make sure the lid is locked
They will take less time to cook. Approximately 10-12 minutes.

Munky.
__________________

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.