Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, the pies I make with the 12 grain bread seal very nicely and brown into a delicious crispy pie top.

I Microwaved my corn tortillas until they were soft. They, when I tried to push them into the pie mold with the former, they tore. Do you have a trick that makes them form more easily into the molds? With no tearing?

Tim,
It sounds like they were nuked a little too much. Did they feel wet and a mushy? I've done it myself when I'm making Enchiladas. The corn tortillas got sticky, tore easily when I was wrapping them up. Same thing for the flour. I keep the mushy one's on the plate. Those are the one's that never gets used. It helps the others along shortening the nuke time. I hardly ever use that pusher. Even with pie dough just a light push tears the dough.

My youngest son, ( He's the Chef around here, when It's not me ) Suggested that instead of nuking them beforehand. Use the cutter, bottom side, ( is what they used at the time ) cut out either shell with a pairing knife. Preheat the pie maker. After the cycle, place either one in position and close the lid. Steam it for a minute until you can push it down quickly with a rubber spatula.
He says that to will make it pliable. Fill and eat up!:mrgreen:

Munky.

The mother ship has arrived. It just arrive at 4:55. I was sound asleep. They rang the bell and scared the daylights out of me. It is so pretty. I got the two pie maker. I love it. It is yellow and blue and will fit right on my counter top. I won't even have to put it away. I am off to skip to my kitchen. I already have the indredients out to make mac and cheese, Italian style. :yum::yum:

Well it's about time it arrived.. Sorry traffic in the Galaxy was a P...! :ROFLMAO:

It's all washed, fueled up for ya. I even vacumed the rugs. Tim tracked in flour... :LOL:

Let us know how it goes :)

Munky.

Tim,
It sounds like they were nuked a little too much. Did they feel wet and a mushy? I've done it myself when I'm making Enchiladas. The corn tortillas got sticky, tore easily when I was wrapping them up. Same thing for the flour. I keep the mushy one's on the plate. Those are the one's that never gets used. It helps the others along shortening the nuke time. I hardly ever use that pusher. Even with pie dough just a light push tears the dough.

My youngest son, ( He's the Chef around here, when It's not me ) Suggested that instead of nuking them beforehand. Use the cutter, bottom side, ( is what they used at the time ) cut out either shell with a pairing knife. Preheat the pie maker. After the cycle, place either one in position and close the lid. Steam it for a minute until you can push it down quickly with a rubber spatula.
He says that to will make it pliable. Fill and eat up!:mrgreen:

Munky.

Thanks Munky, I'll try that on my next attempt. I'm even thinking of laying the tortilla over a pie bottom shaped plastic mold when I nuke it. Maybe the tortilla would conform to the shape that way. I might even try the pusher itself as the mold.

Thanks Munky, I'll try that on my next attempt. I'm even thinking of laying the tortilla over a pie bottom shaped plastic mold when I nuke it. Maybe the tortilla would conform to the shape that way. I might even try the pusher itself as the mold.

If you melt the pusher I'll send you mine :LOL:

I made the little pizza pockets tonight. Only problem I had was the bottom pizza crust shrinking after I cut them. They sure did taste great though! I used pre made pizza dough and put in sauce, cheese, pepperoni, sausage, and bell peppers. I also made some using canned biscuits for the crust. They were a hit with my husband and son. I can't wait to make these when my other son and his family come to visit. I just know my grandsons will love the pie maker!

I made the little pizza pockets tonight. Only problem I had was the bottom pizza crust shrinking after I cut them. They sure did taste great though! I used pre made pizza dough and put in sauce, cheese, pepperoni, sausage, and bell peppers. I also made some using canned biscuits for the crust. They were a hit with my husband and son. I can't wait to make these when my other son and his family come to visit. I just know my grandsons will love the pie maker!

Wait till someone makes a peanut butter, onion and cheddar pie...:rolleyes:

If you melt the pusher I'll send you mine :LOL:

Tried it last night for Taco Pies. It worked great. Cut the bottoms and gave each of them 30 seconds over the pusher in the MW. The Corn Tortilla relaxed and formed itself around the pusher. Then they dropped right into the mold on the pie maker. Filled them with a 97% lean Hamburger mix with taco seasoning added while it cooked in the CI pan and then after that cooled, I added lots of diced tomatoes and sweet onion. Made four pies and could eat only three before I was stuffed.

Plenty of mix left for something this evening.

No Thai cooking with peanut sauce...?!?
No. I've never mixed peanut butter with onions. It literally gags me to contemplate doing so, and I'm half billygoat.

You've got me curious tho'. I'll try it later. I have some leftover onion in the box and a jar of Jif creamy. I'll let you know how it sits.

Heck, I love raw fish! Who am I to knock others choices in food?

If I am ever in your area, I will look you up PF and you can make that pie for me. ;)

Dad used to make it as grilled cheese for us as kids. It is a really good taste, as long as you are not expecting something sweet.

This sounds fascinating. May have to try it as a grilled cheese type thing.

No. I've never mixed peanut butter with onions. It literally gags me to contemplate doing so, and I'm half billygoat.

You've got me curious tho'. I'll try it later. I have some leftover onion in the box and a jar of Jif creamy. I'll let you know how it sits.

Heck, I love raw fish! Who am I to knock others choices in food?

Well, so much for that tonight! My peanut butter has disappeared. I cut a piece of onion, had the cheddar ready and then couldn't find any peanut butter. I'll have to try it after the next store run.

Taco & Pepperoni pies today

Hi all, been awhile since I been on, been sick all last week and still 100%. But today felt a lil better and had left over taco stuff and they were a hit. First 5 I used tortilla for crust and used bottom cutter and cut around it, they worked good took a bit to form them without tearing. Rest with my crisco crust. Here's what I did:

Taco Pies:
in bottom crust put in:
taco meat seasoned already
then taco sauce
spoon of refried beans
put in chopped onions
put in chopped black olives
added fiesta cheese
top crust
(they were full too)
baked 8 mins for tortilla crust and 10 mins crisco crust.
Hubby had 4 of them and twins plus 2 friends each had 1 and they passed with flying colors lol.

Pepperoni Pies:
this time I just used a package of pepperoni and cut up
mozz cheese, mixed together and filled bottom crust full and
put on top baked 10 mins

Back
Top Bottom