"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 12-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #301
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Been reading this thread lately...I might have to think about getting a pie maker for myself. Sounds like you can make just about anything. It reminds me of the way we use the camper pie (sometimes called hobo pie)makers on camping trips.
Hi Chopper, when you buy one do share your experience and pies with us all. I too have read all the treads and have learned so much from these wonderful bakers!!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #302
Assistant Cook

New Pies coming

Well hubby went shopping and he bought ingredients for me to make more of those pizza pies all the guys loved. I am also gonna be making lemon, blueberry and cherry pies for tomorrow. I usually make my big homemade pumpkin but had that for Christmas so now to individual size pies lol. Also having turkey tomorrow and looking forward to some turkey pot pies afterwards. Now off to the store to get my parchment paper which I forgot to tell him to get me. That is a lifesaver for me and my pies. Have a good and safe New Year's Eve everyone!!!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #303
Executive Chef

Quote:
Been reading this thread lately...I might have to think about getting a pie maker for myself. Sounds like you can make just about anything. It reminds me of the way we use the camper pie (sometimes called hobo pie)makers on camping trips.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #304
Executive Chef

Thanks Tim. There you have it! I love cooking with my pie irons. I now have a fire place on my deck too , so don't even need to be camping. I am just thinking that in the dead of winter I may need the electric one. Just for those times when I want to be inside.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #305
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I've found I can create pies out of almost any leftovers. I'm considering blind baking some sweet short bread shells and filling them with lime and lemon curd.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #306
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Arrrghh!!! You better tell me about the Spanish Tortillas....
Will do, :)

It's been hectic here a few days. Have only had time to peek in here and run on out again..

My kids are going to give Ol' Mom a computer lesson. Dreading it all the way. I'll put everything into a PDF format to make it easier for people to access. Feel bad all the new owners have to go through, what's the count now 30 pages? for info..

Munky.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:04 PM   #307
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Just got the notice in my email, that my pie maker, cookbook and pie lifter are on the way!

Just a few more days and I can start making those beautiful little pies you are all turning out!

I can't wait!
Incense sales been that good Tim?
The robes are all frilly.. Would look really tacky on you..
You get the hat that's been Bedazzled alll over it..

Glad it's on the way..

Munky.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #308
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos4Boys View Post
Well hubby went shopping and he bought ingredients for me to make more of those pizza pies all the guys loved. I am also gonna be making lemon, blueberry and cherry pies for tomorrow. I usually make my big homemade pumpkin but had that for Christmas so now to individual size pies lol. Also having turkey tomorrow and looking forward to some turkey pot pies afterwards. Now off to the store to get my parchment paper which I forgot to tell him to get me. That is a lifesaver for me and my pies. Have a good and safe New Year's Eve everyone!!!
You have been making some gorgeous looking pies.
I really liked your breakfast one. Thank you.

Kids wearing you out yet? Mine are still making me crazy. If I get too busy, they use it. Create their own recipes . I'm ok with that. Why fight it?

Munky.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:27 PM   #309
Honey Badger

Quote:

Chopper,

Was it you who had asked about making and sending pre baked pie's to your Dad? Concerned about them arriving safely. How they could be shipped without a problem?

The other day I was asked to make something that when it's finished , it's extremely fragile. I can't ship this type of product during the summer months. It would completely ruin 3 days work for me. I know others here
have asked how they can send food safely to another state without spoiling the product.
Went on a hunt and found these.

Shipping Perishables with Insulated Shipping Boxes and Insulated Shippers

Frozen Gel Packs can be used as cold packs for food or medical ice packs

My summer shipping dilemma's are now over with.. Finally!

Munky.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #310
Executive Chef

Thanks Munky. I don't remember if I was the original person to ask about sending pies, but Dad does love his pie, and Mom is not around any more to bake them for him. I went to his place over Thanksgiving, and my sisters and I made extra pie for his freezer. That should hold him over for a bit, and I think he got lots of goodies for Christmas too. I may need to send some off to him in a few months.

Tags
None