"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 12-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #311
Assistant Cook

Lemon Pies

OK I made 20 of my Pizza Pies this evening, my hubby bought all the ingredients and that was dinner 3 or 4 each lol. No measuring just added all ingredients and mixed and piled in the bottom crust WOW they were big and yummy.

But I did make 4 lemon pies, made my crust (using the crisco recipe), can lemon pie filling. I added the lemon pie filling in bottom crust then I had made tops but cut hole in middle so only sides on top had crust. Put on my parchment paper on top and omg they came out great. Boys wanted them as soon as I was taking out of pie maker lol. So tomorrow I will make cherry and blueberry and more lemon. Individual pies is great lol.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #312
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos4Boys
OK I made 20 of my Pizza Pies this evening, my hubby bought all the ingredients and that was dinner 3 or 4 each lol. No measuring just added all ingredients and mixed and piled in the bottom crust WOW they were big and yummy.

But I did make 4 lemon pies, made my crust (using the crisco recipe), can lemon pie filling. I added the lemon pie filling in bottom crust then I had made tops but cut hole in middle so only sides on top had crust. Put on my parchment paper on top and omg they came out great. Boys wanted them as soon as I was taking out of pie maker lol. So tomorrow I will make cherry and blueberry and more lemon. Individual pies is great lol.

[/IMG]
It sounds like you are having so much fun! How old are "the boys?". Do they ever help?

Old 12-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #313
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
It sounds like you are having so much fun! How old are "the boys?". Do they ever help?
My twins just turned 15, I had Nick helping with the dough tonight, making it and rolling it and putting the filling in and tops on the pizza pies, he enjoyed it. Tim was playing xbox but he helped cut more parchment circles for me. They enjoy eating more I think lol.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #314
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos4Boys

My twins just turned 15, I had Nick helping with the dough tonight, making it and rolling it and putting the filling in and tops on the pizza pies, he enjoyed it. Tim was playing xbox but he helped cut more parchment circles for me. They enjoy eating more I think lol.
Oh my gosh, and 15 year old boys can sure eat! So glad they like the pies. I should have had something like that when my boys were teenagers!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #315
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Oh my gosh, and 15 year old boys can sure eat! So glad they like the pies. I should have had something like that when my boys were teenagers!
Yupe they can eat for sure! I make something and I say come on guys taste it for me, I need feed back. But if hubby comes back for more after the 1st pie then I know it passed LOL. Gonna make my fruit pies today and add a lil more crust on top and just a lil hole this time.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #316
Assistant Cook

fruit pies

I did make 8 fruit pies today, cherry, lemon and blueberry. Added more crust and used a water bottle cap to make the hole in the middle. Put rest of dough in container in frig for tomorrow.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #317
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos4Boys View Post
I did make 8 fruit pies today, cherry, lemon and blueberry. Added more crust and used a water bottle cap to make the hole in the middle. Put rest of dough in container in frig for tomorrow.
Those look really yummy, Jos4Boys. My pie maker should be here in just a few more days. I can hardly wait after seeing the pies you and others are making with it.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #318
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I like to make more than we will eat and freeze them to take to work. Also quick for Shrek to have a homemade meal when he's "home alone."
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #319
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I like to make more than we will eat and freeze them to take to work. Also quick for Shrek to have a homemade meal when he's "home alone."
Yes I want to make some and freeze but with everyone home its not happening. After boys go back from winter break, will make some and freeze before they get home lol.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #320
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos4Boys View Post
Yes I want to make some and freeze but with everyone home its not happening. After boys go back from winter break, will make some and freeze before they get home lol.
I am resisting buying that pie maker. I have enough gadgets now. You folks are maing it very hard.

Tags
None