Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cornbread muffins from the BPM

Attachments

• image-2888268139.jpg
    image-2888268139.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 181
Dang it! I keep talking myself out of this piemaker and then you all go and post stuff like asparagus quiche, peach pies and corn muffins. :huh:

MMMM....Chutney, brandied peaches and salsa. Great ideas, they all sound good..oh and pies..lol
The asparagus frittata sounds great! I didn't even think about doing the eggs without some kind of crust..now my gears are spinning. So many things you can do with this thing. The cornbread muffins look awesome, I am a sucker for cornbread.
Didn't make any pies today, maybe tomorrow. I am ready to start experimenting. What other things have you all tried without posting? Has anyone made cakes yet? I could think of some interesting things with that too. Like put some cake mix in, then some cream cheese, and then more batter. Bet that would be good! Hmmmm...I hear it calling my name!

MMMM....Chutney, brandied peaches and salsa. Great ideas, they all sound good..oh and pies..lol
The asparagus frittata sounds great! I didn't even think about doing the eggs without some kind of crust..now my gears are spinning. So many things you can do with this thing. The cornbread muffins look awesome, I am a sucker for cornbread.
Didn't make any pies today, maybe tomorrow. I am ready to start experimenting. What other things have you all tried without posting? Has anyone made cakes yet? I could think of some interesting things with that too. Like put some cake mix in, then some cream cheese, and then more batter. Bet that would be good! Hmmmm...I hear it calling my name!

Cake mixes work well with this pie maker. All you need to do is watch how far you fill the mold about a 1/4 C, keep an eye on the time. 15 min should do it for a batch. Use the batter at room temp. You could use whipped cream piped into the cooled cakes for mini cupcakes. Kids really eat them up. Packs easy in lunches.

I've made brownies as well. They were yummy, slightly undercooked with a nice chocolate sauce drizzled over the top. Here we call them Dad's Brownie Bombs. He's blown his diet.. neah neah.. :LOL:

Have fun!

Munky.

Eggplant Parm Pie

Slice rounds of eggplant about 1/4" thick, use a biscuit cutter to make 8 round the same size. (save the rest of the eggplant and trimmings for another recipe) Brush each slice on both sides with olive oil and roast in the oven until lightly browned.

Prep 8-1/4" slices of mozzarella, Grate 8 tablespoons of fresh Parmesan. Use your favorite jarred or homemade marinara.

Blind bake 4 of your favorite pie crust in the piemaker, brushing the bottoms with beaten egg. Add 1 tablespoon of marinara to each, layer with mozzarella, slice of roasted eggplant, 2 tablespoons marinara, mozzarella, eggplant, 1 tablespoon marinara. Close lid and bake 10 minutes, top each with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, close lid and bake 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Have extra warmed marinara to go with.

I used puff pastry as my crust. I roughly chopped the extra eggplant, tossed with olive oil and roasted in a second pan, cooled and froze. Haven't decided what to do with it, yet.

Last edited:
Chicken Verde with Avocado Pies

2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 cup salsa verde
1 cup diced avocado
1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated

6 pie pastry, tops and bottoms

Mix chicken, salsa, avocado and cheese in a bowl. Heat piemaker, put in bottoms and 1/3 cup of chicken mixture, tops. Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are golden.

I served with a small green salad with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette.

OMG, the eggplant sounds great!!! Hmmmm, and I have some eggplant already breaded in the freezer. This is a definite doer (is that a word? LOL) I may try that tomorrow...doing apple pies today! =)

OMG, the eggplant sounds great!!! Hmmmm, and I have some eggplant already breaded in the freezer. This is a definite doer (is that a word? LOL) I may try that tomorrow...doing apple pies today! =)

Oh! They taste wonderful! I on purpose didn't bread them so I could enjoy the crust with it. I may use the frozen, roasted chunks to make some more pies!

Enough already! I have 64 pages of recipes/tips/etc. and haven't finish moving to the house in the city. You're killing me!!!

I can't help what my brain comes up with when I'm standing in the kitchen...I went through the whole thread last week, separating out the tips and recipes. Have them all in notepad .txt files. I'm considering dividing them into sweet and savory and posting two separate threads, saving this thread for discussion. Have to talk to Chef Munky before I do this.

So, I do have them almost fixed up and would be happy to PM or e-mail them to you in a nice nifty package.

Oh! They taste wonderful! I on purpose didn't bread them so I could enjoy the crust with it. I may use the frozen, roasted chunks to make some more pies!

I can't help what my brain comes up with when I'm standing in the kitchen...I went through the whole thread last week, separating out the tips and recipes. Have them all in notepad .txt files. I'm considering dividing them into sweet and savory and posting two separate threads, saving this thread for discussion. Have to talk to Chef Munky before I do this.

So, I do have them almost fixed up and would be happy to PM or e-mail them to you in a nice nifty package.
I bought the cookbook but I'd love to have this . All the ideas and tips would be heaven if you could. I promise to be a good girl and not pester you:LOL:
ma

I would be interested in a copy please!!!!!

I bought the cookbook but I'd love to have this . All the ideas and tips would be heaven if you could. I promise to be a good girl and not pester you:LOL:
ma

No problem, I'll start working on them today and get them in a nicer format. I just have the ideas and tips all in one file. I can get them sorted into something that makes more sense. After breakfast...:LOL:

I just bought the Breville pie maker, and would LOVE a copy of the tips and recipes!

Back
Top Bottom