Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh! They taste wonderful! I on purpose didn't bread them so I could enjoy the crust with it. I may use the frozen, roasted chunks to make some more pies!

I can't help what my brain comes up with when I'm standing in the kitchen...I went through the whole thread last week, separating out the tips and recipes. Have them all in notepad .txt files. I'm considering dividing them into sweet and savory and posting two separate threads, saving this thread for discussion. Have to talk to Chef Munky before I do this.

So, I do have them almost fixed up and would be happy to PM or e-mail them to you in a nice nifty package.

Princess,

What did you want to discuss with me about?
Have you decided on anything yet? PDF file?

I have everything that I've abused the pie maker with kept tucked away. Pics and all.. 13 recipes. Minus 2 for the apple and cherry pies. No brainer on those.

Munky.

Just if you wanted two other threads, one with the sweet and one with the savory. I can do all the maneuvering.

Okie Dokie! I'll get started. Should we do the threads in the Pie forum for recipes?

That's entirely up to the Owners and Mods to decide. I'm just the local Dolt.:ROFLMAO:

I could have sworn that this topic has come up before. ( sub sections?) It was done for the Canning section. Nobody that asked got an answer. Why not just flip the entire thread down to the pie section?

Leave a note that the Mother Ship has moved :LOL:

Munky.

I'm wondering how this would work with gluten free pie crusts. They can be much more finicky than regular crusts, but I think the fact it cooks top and bottom together should help a bit.

I don't suppose anyone has tried this or has known someone who has?

I'm wondering how this would work with gluten free pie crusts. They can be much more finicky than regular crusts, but I think the fact it cooks top and bottom together should help a bit.

I'm thinking it should work the same as it does when you bake gluten free pies in a larger size, the only difference, really, is the size and the appliance.

Is Soy flour considered gluten free? Don't make me Google.. :LOL:
If so... I raise my mouse... Results?
Do we have to talk about it..? It gave me the woolies!:ohmy:

I'm thinking it should work the same as it does when you bake gluten free pies in a larger size, the only difference, really, is the size and the appliance.
GF crusts can be really finicky - they will shrink, burn, get tough or end up a soggy mess depending on the pie. I have even done small pies and they don't turn out well. I was wondering if the appliance would help.

Laurie--I sent PF a recipe for a polenta pizza. She's played with it to work it out for the pie maker. So you could go with a polenta crust on the bottom...or use your homemade gluten free tortillas!

I found a easy recipe for blueberry pies made with splenda I found it on
in a pinch recipe club the recipe make 4 pies but I doubled it to make 8 the are for tonight after dinner I gave 2 to my mom and dad they look real good
Robin

Chicken pot pies. Tops were brushed with melted butter. Nice touch for the butter recipe. Not done making them yet.:ohmy:
img_1172146_0_146b620460ee2fbd9cf6c715e64f3fbf.jpg

Cream puffs. Average size recipe will make 8 in the pie maker.

img_1172146_1_6fc567d51a11c14ce832c8f2da6673df.jpg

Be still my heart. Cream puffs too !! I wonder if you can make Popovers too.

I was reading the other (recipes) thread, and then decided to go back and read the original. I think I need to get a Breville Pie maker too. It's funny re-reading this thread-- Princess Fiona hesitates if she should get one, then can't seem to turn it off long enough for it to cool down.

I have these questions:

Can you make a one crust pie, like a quiche? If so, is it best to put some parchement on the top?

Is it really only about 1/3 cup fillings that go in a pie? Is that enough for a serving, or does it get to be too much crust ratio?

I think using this as a new way to use up leftovers would be ideal as well as making things when you only want to make a smaller amount.

Thanks for keeping the Breville threads going.

Yes, you can make one crust pies. You don't have to put the parchment on top.

Yes, 1/3 cup is plenty...they are mini after all. We usually do leftover pies, but sometimes, we make something totally from the ground up to bake in the piemaker. Usually when I have a brainstorm.

Be still my heart. Cream puffs too !! I wonder if you can make Popovers too.

I was reading the other (recipes) thread, and then decided to go back and read the original. I think I need to get a Breville Pie maker too. It's funny re-reading this thread-- Princess Fiona hesitates if she should get one, then can't seem to turn it off long enough for it to cool down.

I have these questions:

Can you make a one crust pie, like a quiche? If so, is it best to put some parchement on the top?

Is it really only about 1/3 cup fillings that go in a pie? Is that enough for a serving, or does it get to be too much crust ratio?

I think using this as a new way to use up leftovers would be ideal as well as making things when you only want to make a smaller amount.

Thanks for keeping the Breville threads going.

Hiya future Brevellian,

We always have room for one more :) It's kind of like we hear you knocking and you CAN come in. I've been working all day on some newer recipes trying them out, modifying them for the pie maker. It's been a busy pie day here. Naughty!!!:LOL:

Not too sure about popovers, never made one myself. But you know if the cream puff recipe worked I don't see why pops wouldn't. I was just messing around when I made those, they were absolutely perfect. You wouldn't have known they were cooked in a pie maker. If you have a recipe I'll try it out for you and get back to ya on it. Yeah I'll include all the good band and ugly's to if need be.

The 1/3 cup is the general amount. Depending on your recipe some fillings can be increased. If it's too much chances are the tops will come off. I've found that out real quick! :D

That was fun recruiting Princess. She's a riot. We've managed to keep this place hopping. Brevillian oath. Send subliminal messages, before we knew it more have joined us in the Mother ship.
Glad you've enjoyed the thread.

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom