"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #341
Assistant Cook
 
Jos4Boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 48
Just wanted to pop in and say HI, haven't used pie maker this past week, OH NO lol. But I just got done putting my turkey juice and left over turkey in freezer bags and in freezer so next week I will be trying turkey pot pies when no one is home!
__________________

__________________
Jos4Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #342
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The trick is to make three other pies that you can put in the fridge or freezer. Or make breakfast and lunch plus leftovers.
I'm eating them as fast as I make them. I don't think the egg pie would save well. It's a great and fast breakfast though.
__________________

__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #343
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos4Boys View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say HI, haven't used pie maker this past week, OH NO lol. But I just got done putting my turkey juice and left over turkey in freezer bags and in freezer so next week I will be trying turkey pot pies when no one is home!
I haven't used mine in a week or so either. Kids have been using it though. They actually made Mini Tostada appetizers. One used Flour Tortillas, the other used Corn.
I'm happy all the little bowls of this and that of left overs got used up.

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #344
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Oh man, just ate my first two pies! I think my next batch will be four.

It surprised me how long it took for the tops to get browned.

I used canned "White Chili" as filling. It was really good!

Thanks to all you guys for talking me into getting this gadget!

I'm defrosting some more pie crusts right now! Yum!
Heya Tim,

I knew you'd like it.
It's amazing what it can actually do. Reading your recipes just goes to show how adaptable simple items can be used to create new recipes. My husband wants me to make your eggs and toast on his next day off. Thanks alot Tim! Like I needed something else to do..

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #345
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
You guys are killing me! I DO need to get one of these. And to add to it I ran into a friend yesterday who just got her own pie maker and is having a great time! She told me all about the turkey pot pies she made the other day. I want this!!! Need to get to W.S. soon to get my own. ;)
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #346
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
You guys are killing me! I DO need to get one of these. And to add to it I ran into a friend yesterday who just got her own pie maker and is having a great time! She told me all about the turkey pot pies she made the other day. I want this!!! Need to get to W.S. soon to get my own. ;)
LOL!!! It's all part of our induction process. Were Killers

Your friend deliberately ran into you on purpose!

This has been such a wise investment around here.

My family's changing. They had the nerve to grow up and get lives of their own. Not only is it just really cool to play around and experiment with. We've saved so much money on food that would have normally gone to waste.

Just a few minutes and you have any kind of meal ready to go on the the fly. Some days I'm tired and really don't want to deal with a huge production process of making dinner, and the cleanup after wards to?

The creativity of the DC cooks. Who needs a cook book.
Were doing just fine. I've been having a great time reading and seeing what others are doing with their pie makers.

Were saving a spot just for you Chopper..

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #347
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Heya Tim,

I knew you'd like it.
It's amazing what it can actually do. Reading your recipes just goes to show how adaptable simple items can be used to create new recipes. My husband wants me to make your eggs and toast on his next day off. Thanks alot Tim! Like I needed something else to do..

Munky.
You'll have to get a loaf of over-sized bread to make the egg one. Then you just push the cutter into the slice to make the bottom crust. I put soem cheese in first, (you don't need a top crust), then crumbled bacon and then just broke the egg into the pie. With it pre-heated, it seems like 6 minutes works perfectly.

That's what I had for breakfast again today.

This thing is a blast!
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #348
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I haven't used mine in a week or so either. Kids have been using it though. They actually made Mini Tostada appetizers. One used Flour Tortillas, the other used Corn.
I'm happy all the little bowls of this and that of left overs got used up.

Munky.
They made them using regular flour tortillas? That's cool. I was going to try that, but I thought the tortilla would tear while being pushed into the mold.

I see "Burrito Pies" in my future.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #349
Sous Chef
 
Merlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
They made them using regular flour tortillas? That's cool. I was going to try that, but I thought the tortilla would tear while being pushed into the mold.

I see "Burrito Pies" in my future.
Oo burrito pies which makes me think of those taco bowls you get taco salad in sometimes. You could serve mini taco salads, just add the cold ingredients to serve.
__________________
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #350
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
They made them using regular flour tortillas? That's cool. I was going to try that, but I thought the tortilla would tear while being pushed into the mold.

I see "Burrito Pies" in my future.
Yes they used floured for a batch. It was as they put it like the Taco Bowls. They've seen me use the molds to make large ones for Taco salad so many times, they just incorporated the pie maker to make the mini's.

Just asked one about it. He says they are a little hard to cut right out of the bag, cold. He nuked it for a few seconds. Just enough to keep it pliable without tearing. Then used the cutter. Placed it on, gave it a quick push, added some refries, meat, cheese and taco sauce.

They would do something cool like that in the middle of the night while I'm asleep. I want a chicken taco salad now...

Tim,
Would the Hawaiian French Toast bread work for your recipe?

Thank you

Munky.
__________________

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.