"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 01-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #351
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Yes they used floured for a batch. It was as they put it like the Taco Bowls. They've seen me use the molds to make large ones for Taco salad so many times, they just incorporated the pie maker to make the mini's.

Just asked one about it. He says they are a little hard to cut right out of the bag, cold. He nuked it for a few seconds. Just enough to keep it pliable without tearing. Then used the cutter. Placed it on, gave it a quick push, added some refries, meat, cheese and taco sauce.

They would do something cool like that in the middle of the night while I'm asleep. I want a chicken taco salad now...

Tim,
Would the Hawaiian French Toast bread work for your recipe?

Thank you

Munky.
When they used the flour tortillas, did they also put a top piece on or did they leave the top open? I"m trying that tomorrow night for supper!

An egg dipped piece of bread might just work, Munky. That's a great idea I've have to try. It would make the bread more pliable and able to be formed more easily into the pie maker. Great thinking!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #352
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
When they used the flour tortillas, did they also put a top piece on or did they leave the top open? I"m trying that tomorrow night for supper!

An egg dipped piece of bread might just work, Munky. That's a great idea I've have to try. It would make the bread more pliable and able to be formed more easily into the pie maker. Great thinking!
Ok, he says they left the tops open. I don't think if you added a top it would stay put. Might get toasty though.
That would leave them open for adding sour cream at the end. Mind you I had nothing to do with this idea. They could have saved me one.

He also says that they checked them after 5 min, or so. To see if they were getting burned. They cooked them about 12 min. The flour tortillas were crispy.

The Corn tortillas they both thought were the best. They cooked up nice and crispy outside, but just a little chewy on the inside. That could have been caused from the stuff they added to it.

Now they got a taste of my world. Dad walked in saw what they were doing. Asked " Where's mine!?" They were stuck making more..

I'm going to try your way for the breakfast egg toast first. I liked the idea of it.
My idea is sounding like French Toast. Classy rounds...

Watch that recipe to show up on W/S's site..

Munky.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #353
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Ok, he says they left the tops open.
Thanks Munky! That's my supper for tomorrow!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #354
Assistant Cook

OK now I have to make those egg ones and the taco ones, I think I got all the ingredients, now that hawaiian toast bread sounds yummy. have to look for it too. Giving me plenty of ideas for this week lol. Keep em coming!!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #355
Executive Chef

While reading in bed last night, my mind strayed to the pie maker. I had an idea that I wonder if it would work:

Pounding out a piece of chicken to a thin sheet just as I would for Cordon Bleu, but putting something like stuffing in it before folding it up.

Then put it into the pie maker to cook. Off hand, I think the fats would cook out and make a mess.

I was trying to think of things that are semi-liquid when made, but firm up upon cooking.

The various "casseroles" come to mind. I wonder if they would firm up enough to be able to be lifted from the pie maker as individual tiny casseroles.

Thoughts?
Old 01-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #356
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Little mac n cheeses...that could work.

Tuna noodle would be good, too!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #357
Executive Chef

Thanks for setting a place for me, Munky. I am sure I will be bellying up to the table soon. :) In the meantime, I am getting some great ideas from the sidelines.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #358
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Little mac n cheeses...
Little Mac n Cheeses? Would that each be a Jr. named after Big Daddy? And what kind of a middle name is n?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #359
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
While reading in bed last night, my mind strayed to the pie maker. I had an idea that I wonder if it would work:

Pounding out a piece of chicken to a thin sheet just as I would for Cordon Bleu, but putting something like stuffing in it before folding it up.

Then put it into the pie maker to cook. Off hand, I think the fats would cook out and make a mess.

I was trying to think of things that are semi-liquid when made, but firm up upon cooking.

The various "casseroles" come to mind. I wonder if they would firm up enough to be able to be lifted from the pie maker as individual tiny casseroles.Thoughts?
Ha anyone thought of pounding out a piece of meat really thin and using that as a crust? Put the filling inside the thinned out cut of meat. But what could you use for the top? Hmmmm? I am thinking.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #360
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Little Mac n Cheeses? Would that each be a Jr. named after Big Daddy? And what kind of a middle name is n?
N is Egyptian Hieroglyphics for "Snake" which makes them Mac Snake Cheese...haven't you ever heard of milking snakes? Once you are done you make cheese...

Tags
None