"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #361
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
N is Egyptian Hieroglyphics for "Snake" which makes them Mac Snake Cheese...haven't you ever heard of milking snakes? Once you are done you make cheese...
Okaaay! Just lie down here of the couch and tell me all about it. Oh Wait! I started this, didn't I. Get up and I will lie down of the couch.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #362
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Okaaay! Just lie down here of the couch and tell me all about it. Oh Wait! I started this, didn't I. Get up and I will lie down of the couch.
Sit right here, let's see if it's contagious...

Old 01-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #363
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
While reading in bed last night, my mind strayed to the pie maker. I had an idea that I wonder if it would work:

Pounding out a piece of chicken to a thin sheet just as I would for Cordon Bleu, but putting something like stuffing in it before folding it up.

Then put it into the pie maker to cook. Off hand, I think the fats would cook out and make a mess.

I was trying to think of things that are semi-liquid when made, but firm up upon cooking.

The various "casseroles" come to mind. I wonder if they would firm up enough to be able to be lifted from the pie maker as individual tiny casseroles.

Thoughts?
Why not give the chicken a try. The pie maker is easy to clean. Maybe tying it with some string or inserting tooth picks will work.
Now I don't want anyone putting PETA on me. It's just an idea. " here Chickyyy,Chickyyy"
Cajun Bacon wrapped chicken would probably work well in the pie maker.

Haven't had the time to write up my own recipe for the Toasted Raviolis yet. This is a rough draft of my recipe. The pasta will cook in the pie maker. Normally they are fried, then you just dip them in Marina sauce. Were cutting out some of the fat. No oil is necessary for this recipe.

Here's what I did. Using my own pasta recipe. They will be 4x4" Large I know. Used the bottom crust cutter for the base and tops. But hey they're good and who wants to get up anyways for seconds.

Once the dough is rolled out, pieces are cut. Set them aside.

I made the filling using cooked Hot Italian sausage, cooled and set aside.

Basil, Parmesan cheese, mixed in with Mozzarella cheese.
Set it aside.

In a medium sized bowl I had some seasoned up bread crumbs. Kosher salt, Paprika, Parmesan cheese, fresh ground pepper.

In another bowl whip up 4 large eggs.

Preheat the pie maker

Take the bottom piece and brush on the whipped eggs. Add the filling and cheese. Place the tops on and seal them up good.

Dip them in the egg mix, then the seasoned bread crumbs. Place them in the pie maker.
It will take about 15-20 minutes to get a nice golden color top and bottom on them. They will puff up just a bit while cooking.

I made about a dozen ( Don't hold me to that, wasn't paying attention to the count, impossible to do with they're getting grabbed up and eaten ) I didn't even have the chance to get pics.

Good luck

Munky.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #364
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Those sound so good!

I want to try Denver Pies tomorrow. Buttered bread rounds on the bottom, push them in then eggs mixed with sauteed onions, red & green peppers, poured on. Bake and top with fine grated cheese.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #365
Chef Extraordinaire

This little pie maker has created a life of its own. But I don't need another applicance. Even though I am tempted.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #366
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
Those sound so good!

I want to try Denver Pies tomorrow. Buttered bread rounds on the bottom, push them in then eggs mixed with sauteed onions, red & green peppers, poured on. Bake and top with fine grated cheese.
I want to eat with you and Shrek tomorrow! Too bad I have to work for a living! That sure does sound like my kind of pie!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #367
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I want to eat with you and Shrek tomorrow! Too bad I have to work for a living! That sure does sound like my kind of pie!
We will have sausage patties and/or ham on the side. Let me know when you get here. I also have quiche planned for later, broccoli and cheddar, but I was going to freeze those for my lunches.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #368
Honey Badger

Wasn't feeling too good yesterday. Needed something light to eat. Tim your recipe was fantastic. Hit the spot!

I finally found curry powder, had plans today to try Princess's recipe. I was going to brave it and go back to the start of this thread today to find it.

Well that idea's on hold. Woke up sick, Hubby decided to share his cold with me.
It just bites all that the pie maker can't make soup. Does everything else. I want a refund.

Munky.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #369
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Wasn't feeling too good yesterday. Needed something light to eat. Tim your recipe was fantastic. Hit the spot!

I finally found curry powder, had plans today to try Princess's recipe. I was going to brave it and go back to the start of this thread today to find it.

Well that idea's on hold. Woke up sick, Hubby decided to share his cold with me.
It just bites all that the pie maker can't make soup. Does everything else. I want a refund.

Munky.
Which one, Munky? The chicken wrapped stuffing? I did a ham wrapped stuffing in it last night. Turned out well. I used big, square lucheon meat ham, two thick, for the bottom and one slice for the top, with cornbread stuffing for a filler.

The flanges got just a bit burnt, but it was very, very good.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #370
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Which one, Munky? The chicken wrapped stuffing? I did a ham wrapped stuffing in it last night. Turned out well. I used big, square lucheon meat ham, two thick, for the bottom and one slice for the top, with cornbread stuffing for a filler.

The flanges got just a bit burnt, but it was very, very good.
I tried you Breakfast one. The timing for it was right on the money. Doubt I can handle anything today. My head is swimming.

Sounds like your Ham Wrap was good. Will have to try that. I like my ham slices to have a good singe to them. I'll pass it on to my guys. They're all fending for themselves today.

Munky.

Tags
None