Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oops,, I meant wonton wrappers. I understand he's not frying them, this is good. Is Steaming them differernt than baking them? How do you steam in the pie maker? Just pop them in and close the lid?

maybe I haven't had enough morning coffee. Thanks,

Get the piemaker hot, put the rangoons in and add about 2 tablespoons water to each cup, close and steam.

Apple Pies - Day 1

I found a perfectly good Mini Apple Pie Recipe baked in the Breville pie maker on the interwebs. Theirs makes 6 pies, which I think is foolish leaving 2 empty slots going to waste. Mentally adjusted it to make 8 pies.

I ran up to the store and nabbed 5 Harrelson apples. This type of apple is crisp, tart, sweet and holds its shape in baking. Their recipe calls for 3 Large apples. How Big is a Large Apple. I better get 5. That’s how you should do Math in school if you want bonus points on your homework. Get home. The flour bin is empty. Who didn’t write this on a grocery list or replace inventory. Hmmm?

I ate an apple for lunch.

Apple Pies Day 2.

One would think making Mini Pies should be a shorter affair rather than a big production.

Set out for a bag of flour and replacement appleS. Today it’s colder. I took the bus. Decided to stop at a favorite diner for breakfast on the way, then walk the rest of the way to the store. I had on a stocking cap and was warm enough. This route took me right by a Penzeys. Imagine that. I thought a little fresh cardamom might be a nice touch in the pie filling. Imagine I couldn’t only buy an eensy jar of cardamom pods. Two hours and 2 apples, a bag of flour, a new carton of ice cream ( just in case) and a few assorted other things, I am back home and Now ready to Make Apple Pies. Yippee.

Made Pie crusts, divided and stuck the discs in the freezer to hasten chilling.

Peel slice and dice apples. Poach in a little apple cider and butter. Stirred together some brown sugar, cinnamon, a good pinch cardamom and a tbsp cornstarch. Stirred that in the apples after they were cooked al dente. Kept a fork near the stove to keep checking so they didn’t get too soft.

Baked the pies for 14-15 minutes. Made 2 batches/ 8 pies total. There was a little apple left in the skillet, so I plopped a scoop ice cream in there to test out the proper ratio of pie filling to ice cream while the pies were baking.

These are now looking good lined up on a cooling rack.

If You Just Have To Have One

Saw this the other day @ Rite-Aid of all places. Seriously couldn't believe it.
But hey, for us that are true Die Hard Mini pie makers this was a funny find. If you just have to have one were really all set now.
My husband made the comment "Look! You Brevillians are now all over the place!" :ROFLMAO:
lg833432.jpg

Wish you were here to share these BlackBerry Pies. I thank someone here for the idea of using a small water bottle top to create a vent for the pies. I made the classic crisco crust (buttery) I forgot to put the parchment paper until halfway through baking but they came out fine. I used the comstock blackberry pie filling right from the can. Filled the pies nearly full. Baked for 17 minutes. Did someone say I can use pizza crust in here too? Uh oh. Mini deep dish pizza? Filled with cheese? Sausage? Pepperoni? Cheese? Wonderful cheese.

They look brilliant Chef :chef:

BC...lovely! :chef:

I've been playing with the pie machine today, and I'll be darned it IS a fun little gadget!

First I made apple pies

IMAG0301.jpg

And I had my doubts that pecan pie would cook in 10-11 minutes, but I was successful!

IMAG0302.jpg

With the apple pie, I made a filling by cooking the apples in a bit of butter, added sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch, cooked that until thick. Then a lightbulb went on and I remembered that I had some dolce de leche so I mixed that in too, the filling was great! I used homemade pie crust and it came out beautifully flaky.

For the pecan, I was just curious to see if it would work so I ran to the store and got some pillsbury pre-made crusts. I used the recipe on the Karo bottle. This made 11 mini pies. Each crust made 4 pies, and I gathered the scraps and rolled out 3 more. I may have gotten another crust if I had tried, there would have been enough filling for 1 more.

I liked the homemade crust best, it didn't brown as quickly and tastes a lot better, but the pre-made was easy to work with and quick.

Had to take pictures with my phone because all of my batteries are dead for my good camera.

I think every recipe for the pie maker should start with "Tear a piece of parchment paper large enough to cover pie top". Then since this piece of parchment can be reused, furthere instruction should state that it can be saved and stored inside the pie maker. :angel:

I think every recipe for the pie maker should start with "Tear a piece of parchment paper large enough to cover pie top". Then since this piece of parchment can be reused, furthere instruction should state that it can be saved and stored inside the pie maker. :angel:
Addie,
like your idea and will do that for myself. I hope other grab this idea and run with it.
kades

Addie,
like your idea and will do that for myself. I hope other grab this idea and run with it.
kades

So do I. It seems so wasteful to tear off a piece for just one use and then toss it when it can be used more than once. Also due to the width of the roll, you should be able to get at least two pieces out of each cut piece.

When I make cookies, I always reuse the sheet more than once when I am going to reuse the cookie sheet pan again the same day. :angel:

Hi,

Please refresh for me again the purpose for using parchment :

A. Is it to keep tops from browning too fast or too much?

B. Is it to keep pie filling from leaking all over the pie maker?

C. Is it used if making a bottom crust only pie-- such as a quiche or pumpkin piie?

I have had a couple pies get a little done on top. I discovered I should check sooner. It doesn't seem to matter if you peak, it possibly may slow things down a little, but not like no jumping in the kithchen or opening the oven door when making a cake. I have not had any leakage and my quiches turned out ok. I know I am out of parchment and it's on the grocery list for next month shopping. I have white butcher/ freezer paper, but that seems a little heavy. Thanks for your comments.

Yes, the parchment let's you cook it a bit longer and keep the tops from over browning.

I also use strips of parchment under cookie crust pies and cheesecakes...helps lift them up without breaking the crust.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Yes, the parchment let's you cook it a bit longer and keep the tops from over browning.

I also use strips of parchment under cookie crust pies and cheesecakes...helps lift them up without breaking the crust.

Strips of parchment paper under the pies ...brilliant!!! Thanks for that idea. That is what I needed last time I made lemon pies. Thanks again.

Strips of parchment paper under the pies ...brilliant!!! Thanks for that idea. That is what I needed last time I made lemon pies. Thanks again.

4 inch wide parchment, folded over to 2 inches for strength. Cross two of them across the bottom. Leave at least two inches above on each so it's easy to pick up.

I remembered this trick from baking a character cake that had to be picked up and placed on a different surface. We had decorated it on the counter:LOL::ROFLMAO: Oops!

Back
Top Bottom