Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've gotta make some stuff to donate to a bake sale, I'm going to make some mini pies!

My partner said, "you're going to make homemade crust right?" "The pillsbury stuff that you used just can't compare!" I used the pillsbury as a quick trial run of pecan pies. I made homemade crust for the apple pies.

He's a crust fan, and I think that I have turned him into a pie crust snob! There was a day when he wouldn't have known the difference, I don't think that anyone ever made him homemade crust.

...nothing wrong with being a pie crust snob--we know and love our 'real pie crusts' don't we?:)

I'm finally joining the party! I purchased the Wolfgang Puck pie maker after seeing all they did with it on HSN last week. I chose this one because (a) it only makes 2 at a time and (b) it makes super extra deep pies (about 3 inches deep). Reviews are mixed, but I hope it holds up as long as my attention span. :)

I'm vegetarian, so I look forward to adapting some of the recipes you all have shared, as well as coming up with some new ones!

Has anyone made fruit pies using stevia as the sweetener instead of sugar? I'd love to see some recipes for that. Also, if you use frozen berries, do you have to defrost them first (I know you have to cook apples in advance, but wasn't sure about berries).

Also, I'm wondering about using pasta as a crust ... such as lasagna noodles criss-crossed in the pie form to make little bundles of lasagna. I'd think it would work similar to the egg roll wrappers.

I'm glad I found you guys and all your great tips and recipes! Keep'em coming!

I'm finally joining the party! I purchased the Wolfgang Puck pie maker after seeing all they did with it on HSN last week. I chose this one because (a) it only makes 2 at a time and (b) it makes super extra deep pies (about 3 inches deep). Reviews are mixed, but I hope it holds up as long as my attention span. :)

I'm vegetarian, so I look forward to adapting some of the recipes you all have shared, as well as coming up with some new ones!

Has anyone made fruit pies using stevia as the sweetener instead of sugar? I'd love to see some recipes for that. Also, if you use frozen berries, do you have to defrost them first (I know you have to cook apples in advance, but wasn't sure about berries).

Also, I'm wondering about using pasta as a crust ... such as lasagna noodles criss-crossed in the pie form to make little bundles of lasagna. I'd think it would work similar to the egg roll wrappers.

I'm glad I found you guys and all your great tips and recipes! Keep'em coming!

Hello Carrie,

Welcome to the Cult. Best one you're going to find around :)

I believe someone has made desserts using Stevia. We have 3 separate sections for the pie maker. We got a little too big for our britches. Ummmm when were bein' bad, we think it's even better. Check the dessert section.

Frozen anything can't be used in the pie maker. Canned is fine, but it has to be defrosted used at room temp. Not doing that the pies will cook unevenly.

As far as Lasagna's go. As I just found out, you probably already have to.
Don't do what I did... Live and learn. Cook the pasta first. :ermm:

Were glad you found us. Looking forward to seeing your recipes and pics in the future..

Munky.

Here's a link to a bunch of bisquick pie recipes .. they are called "Impossibly Easy", which has my attention.

The mini ones are designed to cook in muffin tins, and the others are designed for a pie plate. I don't see why they wouldn't work just as well in our pie makers with some time adjustments!

Instead of using a crust/top separately, the bisquick mixes right in with the other ingredients to make sort of a meal-muffin.

Impossibly Easy Pie Recipes - Betty Crocker

P.S. I noticed some mentions on this board to gluten free recipes, apparently Bisquick has GF variety and some of the recipes on this site cater to GF, too!

Last edited:
Thanks for the recipes Carrie and welcome to DC too :)

Here's a link to a bunch of bisquick pie recipes .. they are called "Impossibly Easy", which has my attention.

The mini ones are designed to cook in muffin tins, and the others are designed for a pie plate. I don't see why they wouldn't work just as well in our pie makers with some time adjustments!

Instead of using a crust/top separately, the bisquick mixes right in with the other ingredients to make sort of a meal-muffin.

Impossibly Easy Pie Recipes - Betty Crocker

P.S. I noticed some mentions on this board to gluten free recipes, apparently Bisquick has GF variety and some of the recipes on this site cater to GF, too!

Hi Addie, just wondering if you have used the silicon pie shields in the pie maker? How did it work?
My concern is that they may not allow the pie maker to close completely?
Thanks. maLoney

No I haven't. I just got an email from Chef's Catalog showing them. :angel:

Hi everyone, just got back on this forum, gosh I missed it but been quiet I see. I did read all the pages now heading over to the Sweet and Savory threads.

Hello everyone!
I've just read the first 35 pages, and I intend to continue, until I get my Breville personal pie maker and beyond. So, please let me board the ship!
I got a message from The Bay, as they have a lower price for the Breville pie maker, for $71.99. I needed to see some reviews and I stumbled over Amazon's page. The price on Amazon.ca was $35. I ordered it, happy as the transport is also free. It should come in two days. I have no idea how Amazon.ca has this great price while the American Amazon has higher prices. I've seen this in stores for a few months, but I've always considered it overpriced. I am happy I finally, found it at a better price. I like this brand. I also have the Elite juicer and the Barista Espresso maker, both from Breville.
Thank you for giving me so many ideas so I can hardly wait to receive this gadget. My only problem will be to find a place for it in my overcrowded kitchen.

Hurray! The pie maker has just arrived! It took less than 24 h! I am so happy with Amazon! I don't know what recipe to do first! I love simple cheese (feta) pie. It can be made with both phillo dough and puff pastry.
I simply mix the mashed cheese with eggs...
If I use sweeter cheese (like ricotta or cottage cheese), than I add eggs, sugar, vanilla, and raisins.
The first one is salty, the other one is sweet.

Hurray! The pie maker has just arrived! It took less than 24 h! I am so happy with Amazon! I don't know what recipe to do first! I love simple cheese (feta) pie. It can be made with both phillo dough and puff pastry.
I simply mix the mashed cheese with eggs...
If I use sweeter cheese (like ricotta or cottage cheese), than I add eggs, sugar, vanilla, and raisins.
The first one is salty, the other one is sweet.

So many choices, so little time. Just remember to put a piece of parchment paper over the top so it doesn't burn before it is done. If you read back a ways, you will find so many helpful hints. And good luck! :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom