"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #531
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Sorry for the delay. I get busy with things on the home front.

I just took a Lb of Ground Sirloin. Rolled them into 8 meatballs. Mooshed them in a burger press until they were just 4"'s wide. Think slider patties.

Cooked them 3 minutes each side.
For the buns I just tried out Texas Toast bread. Cut out.
Pre heat the pie maker.

Brush some butter onto the bun. Placed it in, butter side down into the unit. Add the patties and cheese. Top it with the the other bun. I think I just cooked it for about 10 minutes. The Texas toast was hard to use in the pie maker. It didn't want to fully close and lock. You can achieve a better result with a thinner cut of bread.

Maybe next time I'll try a regular hamburger bun and see if the results would be better. Instead of plain ol' butter, I'll add Parmesan cheese to it.

Munky.
How cool is that? I'll be trying that, very soon!

Thanks Munky!

I use "Arnold's" 12 grain bread in mine. It's large enough to just barely contain the large cutter for the bottom and the top cutter works easily.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #532
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
How cool is that? I'll be trying that, very soon!

Thanks Munky!

I use "Arnold's" 12 grain bread in mine. It's large enough to just barely contain the large cutter for the bottom and the top cutter works easily.
Your right about the cutters. Do they seal up nice looking or what?

On a side note * cooking times for the burgers, before they are used in the pie maker doesn't have to be 3 minutes. Keep in mind that they will cook a little more when they are in the pie maker*

So what's going on with your corn/ flour tortillas?
I'm curious about why they worked out ok here, but not for you?

For my sake I hope the burger idea works out better for you.

Munky.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #533
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos4Boys View Post
LOL your post made me giggle from your excitement to get your pie maker. I was on phone with my mom yesterday telling her all the things I am going to make her when I get to NJ this summer. I am bringing my pie maker with me! She said you make the mess, bake and clean up and I eat, we are all fine LOL. Good luck getting your pie maker, hope truck is not too long to get to your place!
The mother ship has arrived. It just arrive at 4:55. I was sound asleep. They rang the bell and scared the daylights out of me. It is so pretty. I got the two pie maker. I love it. It is yellow and blue and will fit right on my counter top. I won't even have to put it away. I am off to skip to my kitchen. I already have the indredients out to make mac and cheese, Italian style.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #534
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
So what's going on with your corn/ flour tortillas?
I'm curious about why they worked out ok here, but not for you?

For my sake I hope the burger idea works out better for you.

Munky.
Yes, the pies I make with the 12 grain bread seal very nicely and brown into a delicious crispy pie top.

I Microwaved my corn tortillas until they were soft. They, when I tried to push them into the pie mold with the former, they tore. Do you have a trick that makes them form more easily into the molds? With no tearing?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #535
Executive Chef

Thanks for the cheese burger ideas and instructions Munky. I will be making those soon!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #536
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Oh yes, I got a chub of burger out so we can make those this weekend. Thanks, Munky!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #537
Executive Chef

Addie, I am so happy for you. Have fun! Don't forget to give u's all of your great experiment results.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #538
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Addie, I am so happy for you. Have fun! Don't forget to give u's all of your great experiment results.
Will do.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #539
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The mother ship has arrived. It just arrive at 4:55. I was sound asleep. They rang the bell and scared the daylights out of me. It is so pretty. I got the two pie maker. I love it. It is yellow and blue and will fit right on my counter top. I won't even have to put it away. I am off to skip to my kitchen. I already have the indredients out to make mac and cheese, Italian style.
How do I communicate with the MS so that she arrives in Northern MN with my pie maker while I'm there? I have my purple crocs with me here in the States--do I have to make a 3-cornered hat out of foil, stand in an open field, and click my heels together wearing my purple crocs? Is there a secret password? Other than the foil, do I need anything else that is purple and shiny?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #540
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
How do I communicate with the MS so that she arrives in Northern MN with my pie maker while I'm there? I have my purple crocs with me here in the States--do I have to make a 3-cornered hat out of foil, stand in an open field, and click my heels together wearing my purple crocs? Is there a secret password? Other than the foil, do I need anything else that is purple and shiny?
I spoke to the head of the MS and told him of your dilemma. He is spreading the word throughout Minn. for you to get your Mini Pie Maker for your birthday. If you notice folks there complaining about a buzzing sound in their head, you will know that they got the message.

Tags
None