"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #581
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Well finally!!!... Thought you'd never get here.
We will miss your stalking ways.

Kind of funny people would invite me to join clubs, certain churches. I refused them all. Figured that if they wanted me in it, they weren't all that. Now look at me. First chance I got I joined a Pie Cult.

Ready to cut your trip short?
Did you see Bola's Pork Pie post? Ohhhh my. Going to have to try that one.

Munky.
If the US didn't require I export the Volvo 72 hours before bringing it home, I'd be on my way--as tempting as it is, I don't want to leave the Volvo behind...but I'm already thinking about the first ones I'm going to make...something savory...

Old 02-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #582
Assistant Cook

hi guys I have'nt been around latly busy with work but the other day I make a egg pie using thin slices of potatoes i use the peeler slice a red potatoe in thin slices and lined the cups let it cook for a few min than mixed 3 eggs scambled s&p some shredded swiss cheese i put the cheese in the cups than poured the eggs on top add more cheese it was very good i think I need to try it with hash brown potatoes the next time

Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #583
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimbrag View Post
hi guys I have'nt been around latly busy with work but the other day I make a egg pie using thin slices of potatoes i use the peeler slice a red potatoe in thin slices and lined the cups let it cook for a few min than mixed 3 eggs scambled s&p some shredded swiss cheese i put the cheese in the cups than poured the eggs on top add more cheese it was very good i think I need to try it with hash brown potatoes the next time
Oh that sounds good!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #584
Executive Chef

Jost4boys, I am sorry that I haven't been around for awhile. I will post the bacon pie crust recipe as soon as I get it. I cannot believe that she hasn't sent it yet. I will get on her about it!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #585
Executive Chef

Oh...and I have been making pies. We had some sloppy Joe pies with cheddar cheese the other night. What a hit! My Hubby still likes the lemon pies the best of all. He likes to take them for lunch. Too bad we don't all live closer-we could have a pie party! I have visions of several pie ovens lined up on the counter pumping out all sorts of different kinds of sweet and savory pies! :D
Old 02-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #586
Chef Extraordinaire

Well congradulations CWS. It is about time. But who am I to be talking. I have had mine for a couple of weeks and have yet to make anything.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #587
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimbrag View Post
Sounds good! I use a "Norwegian" cheese plane to make really thin slices when I don't want to drag the mandeline (sp) out. It works great for cukes and potatoes.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #588
Honey Badger

You guys have been busy. I'm worn out just reading what you all have been up to.

Haven't been abusing my pie maker lately. I think it's been missing me. Until I can find Soy flour to modify my recipes, I've been refraining from making anything that has to do with pastry. Hubby and my oldest are on diets. So it's been hard trying to keep everybody happy. 2 vs 2... I want a chicken pot pie, like yesterday already! But noooo.. It would be a down right cruel thing to do right now.

Munky.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #589
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
You guys have been busy. I'm worn out just reading what you all have been up to.

Haven't been abusing my pie maker lately. I think it's been missing me. Until I can find Soy flour to modify my recipes, I've been refraining from making anything that has to do with pastry. Hubby and my oldest are on diets. So it's been hard trying to keep everybody happy. 2 vs 2... I want a chicken pot pie, like yesterday already! But noooo.. It would be a down right cruel thing to do right now.

Munky.
Try a health store.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #590
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Try a health store.
If we had one of them here I would. We live in a very small town. One stop light. They call that light progress around here

I'm just going to have to find a reputable baking supplier online, and hope for the best that the products aren't old.

Excuse me, while I sit it the corner rocking myself through the withdrawl symptoms.

Munky.

Tags
None