"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 04-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #601
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef
Williams Sonoma is having a 3 day sale on the pie maker $49.95!
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...ick&cm_ite=All
So very, very tempting. A great price, and free shipping! Must.....Resist.....New......Toy......

Thanks, Bakechef!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #602
Assistant Cook

Just my Luck

Last week I bought a breville pie maker. I was SO excited. While I was a waiting for it come in the mail, I searched for different recipes and ideas. I was thrilled to find this site. Every night I read, started at the beginning, and couldn't wait to get caught up to date to join this cult/thread. And now that I am here, it seems as if everyone has left! Thank you for all the ideas. My pie maker arrived safely and I stole your pie crust recipe and it came out beautiful! (Very first pie crust I ever made) So, thank you for that! I had meatballs and sauce in the freezer, so I just put the bottom crust in and then cut the meatballs up in the sauce and added it inside the crust and topped it with some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. WOW, it was awesome! The only other thing I have made was blueberry pies, since I had some filling in the house. I am anxiously waiting to get to the store and pick up some more pie making ingredients! Thank you all again, I learned alot and enjoyed reading your posts..wish you all were still here.
~Cyn

Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #603
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynful View Post
Last week I bought a breville pie maker. I was SO excited. While I was a waiting for it come in the mail, I searched for different recipes and ideas. I was thrilled to find this site. Every night I read, started at the beginning, and couldn't wait to get caught up to date to join this cult/thread. And now that I am here, it seems as if everyone has left! Thank you for all the ideas. My pie maker arrived safely and I stole your pie crust recipe and it came out beautiful! (Very first pie crust I ever made) So, thank you for that! I had meatballs and sauce in the freezer, so I just put the bottom crust in and then cut the meatballs up in the sauce and added it inside the crust and topped it with some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. WOW, it was awesome! The only other thing I have made was blueberry pies, since I had some filling in the house. I am anxiously waiting to get to the store and pick up some more pie making ingredients! Thank you all again, I learned alot and enjoyed reading your posts..wish you all were still here.
~Cyn
We are still here and baking pies! Welcome to our cult! Love those pies and your meatball pie sound great! Lately we've just been having simple apple pies or hamburger pies, nothing really exciting.

I'm going to be making breakfast pies tomorrow with eggs and bacon.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #604
Chef Extraordinaire

Cherry pies for dessert tomorrow. Now if I can convince the kids the pies are adults only were set
Really I have the cookbook and can read it now so were off and running. Welcome Cyn jump in with any other ideas you have.
kades
Old 04-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #605
Chef Extraordinaire

We are still here cynful. There is so much you can do with your pie maker. Listen to the cult. They will not lead you atray. They may take you on a trip in the Mother Ship, but you will always return to earth. If you wake up and find a purple mark on your forehead, you will know that you took a trip in the Mother Ship. If those around you should ask what it is, just smile and don't give them an answer. The mark will fade and will only be able to be seen under an ultra light. Those of us who also have the mark, can see it after it fades. It tells us that you are a member. That mark will give you inspiration for all kinds of pie making. Welcome to The Cult!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #606
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynful View Post
~Cyn
Aww Cyn, sorry you felt the Cult has left the ship. Did you get that sick sinking feeling in your belly? I believe it's been parked at CW's house.. You have to share it CW.
btw.. Little Missy how has yours been behavin? I've been waiting forever to find out how it's been going. You waited so long and patiently to get it. I'm Munky See today.

I told my family if your going to be on diets. Don't expect me to be in your fun. I tried Soy flour... Do we really need to discuss how that adventure went? It would have shamed the cult to no end.

I'm glad you've found us. Were all looking forward to hearing about your future adventures. Welcome aboard!
Happy to have you here.

Spring/ Summer is just around the corner. I think the Cults gearing up recipes for it. I'm looking forward to Peach season. Have some ideas floating around that I just might try out. So you see were still here recruiting. Having a good time doing it to!

Munky.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #607
Executive Chef

Cyn,
You may be new here, but effective. Although I have made pepperoni pies, I have yet to try meatball pies. Now I am thinking I need to make pepperoni and meatball pies. Wouldn't those be fantastic? I love my pie maker and am always happy when another friend climbs abroad the ship! Welcome. :)
Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #608
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The pie cult slowly crawls out of the woodwork...

Egg and bacon pies this morning, with sliced green oinons and cheese. Yum!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #609
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
The pie cult slowly crawls out of the woodwork...

Egg and bacon pies this morning, with sliced green oinons and cheese. Yum!
That sounds great! What crust did you use?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #610
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Used crescent rolls, flattened. They were nice and crispy.

Tomorrow I'm doing an asparagus, roasted red pepper frittata in the pie maker.

Tags
None