"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #631
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Eggplant Parm Pie

Slice rounds of eggplant about 1/4" thick, use a biscuit cutter to make 8 round the same size. (save the rest of the eggplant and trimmings for another recipe) Brush each slice on both sides with olive oil and roast in the oven until lightly browned.

Prep 8-1/4" slices of mozzarella, Grate 8 tablespoons of fresh Parmesan. Use your favorite jarred or homemade marinara.

Blind bake 4 of your favorite pie crust in the piemaker, brushing the bottoms with beaten egg. Add 1 tablespoon of marinara to each, layer with mozzarella, slice of roasted eggplant, 2 tablespoons marinara, mozzarella, eggplant, 1 tablespoon marinara. Close lid and bake 10 minutes, top each with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, close lid and bake 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Have extra warmed marinara to go with.

I used puff pastry as my crust. I roughly chopped the extra eggplant, tossed with olive oil and roasted in a second pan, cooled and froze. Haven't decided what to do with it, yet.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #632
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Chicken Verde with Avocado Pies

2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 cup salsa verde
1 cup diced avocado
1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated

6 pie pastry, tops and bottoms

Mix chicken, salsa, avocado and cheese in a bowl. Heat piemaker, put in bottoms and 1/3 cup of chicken mixture, tops. Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are golden.

I served with a small green salad with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #633
Assistant Cook

OMG, the eggplant sounds great!!! Hmmmm, and I have some eggplant already breaded in the freezer. This is a definite doer (is that a word? LOL) I may try that tomorrow...doing apple pies today! =)
Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #634
Chef Extraordinaire

Enough already! I have 64 pages of recipes/tips/etc. and haven't finish moving to the house in the city. You're killing me!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #635
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynful View Post
OMG, the eggplant sounds great!!! Hmmmm, and I have some eggplant already breaded in the freezer. This is a definite doer (is that a word? LOL) I may try that tomorrow...doing apple pies today! =)
Oh! They taste wonderful! I on purpose didn't bread them so I could enjoy the crust with it. I may use the frozen, roasted chunks to make some more pies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Enough already! I have 64 pages of recipes/tips/etc. and haven't finish moving to the house in the city. You're killing me!!!
I can't help what my brain comes up with when I'm standing in the kitchen...I went through the whole thread last week, separating out the tips and recipes. Have them all in notepad .txt files. I'm considering dividing them into sweet and savory and posting two separate threads, saving this thread for discussion. Have to talk to Chef Munky before I do this.

So, I do have them almost fixed up and would be happy to PM or e-mail them to you in a nice nifty package.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #636
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

So, I do have them almost fixed up and would be happy to PM or e-mail them to you in a nice nifty package.
I would be interested in a copy please!!!!!

Old 04-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #637
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Oh! They taste wonderful! I on purpose didn't bread them so I could enjoy the crust with it. I may use the frozen, roasted chunks to make some more pies!

I can't help what my brain comes up with when I'm standing in the kitchen...I went through the whole thread last week, separating out the tips and recipes. Have them all in notepad .txt files. I'm considering dividing them into sweet and savory and posting two separate threads, saving this thread for discussion. Have to talk to Chef Munky before I do this.

I bought the cookbook but I'd love to have this . All the ideas and tips would be heaven if you could. I promise to be a good girl and not pester you
ma
Old 04-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #638
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
I would be interested in a copy please!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I bought the cookbook but I'd love to have this . All the ideas and tips would be heaven if you could. I promise to be a good girl and not pester you
ma
No problem, I'll start working on them today and get them in a nicer format. I just have the ideas and tips all in one file. I can get them sorted into something that makes more sense. After breakfast...
Old 04-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #639
Assistant Cook

I just bought the Breville pie maker, and would LOVE a copy of the tips and recipes!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #640
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie814 View Post
I just bought the Breville pie maker, and would LOVE a copy of the tips and recipes!
I will send them to you in a PM, it will be long, but it is now in some sort of order.

Welcome to DC!

Tags
None