Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting observation. Maybe it depends on how hard you mash?

I prefer the older one for several reasons. The hoops are closer together, the fat gets cut to the right size faster, the more flexible hoops conform to whatever the curve of my bowl is, the hoops extend around the sides of the tool so you can use the side of the bowl as well as the bottom and finally because well... sometimes old seems better. Channeling my grandmas pie is a good thing ;)

I have made crust in the food processor but find that it's easy to overwork the dough and frankly, the old way only takes about a minute. Getting the processor out and then cleaning it up after takes too long and is more work than just doing it the old fashioned way. :chef:

Ditto! I like the hands on work. I get a lot of satisfaction working with my hands. That tool is also great for mixing biscuits. :angel:

You can FP the flour and fat as much as you want...but as soon as you add the water, take it out of the FP.

Where are the Bravillians lately?

Well mine saved Thanksgiving.Hubby now says it was money well spent.
Can I say told you so now?

Our oven was out so I used the huge electric roaster to make the turkey.The ignighter went out on it.The new one arrived yesterday.Will be fixed by tonight.
Gotta say it was the best turkey I've ever made.We don't eat the skin.It does brown and crisp up the thigh,legs and wings.You will get plenty of drippings for gravy.

The piemaker was a hit.We had mini pumpkin pies.I was able to prebake the shells for one of my sons favorite chocolate pies.

Hubby likes his stuffing from the bird mixed with the dry.So I did that then used the piemaker to crisp them up.Yes we had mini stuffing hockey pucks.But they were good.Gone by the next day.

I got my fair share this time around.:LOL:

That's awesome! Of course the oven would go out just before Thanksgiving!

My boss brought in one of those electric roasters and we cooked the work turkey in it last year, I was amazed how well it worked, it was just a cheap one made by GE.

My boss brought in one of those electric roasters and we cooked the work turkey in it last year, I was amazed how well it worked, it was just a cheap one made by GE.

Yes it had a lot of nerve.I had plenty of time to get someone out to have a look at it.But the last time I did that was for the dishwasher.It cost me $190.00.Because were rural as they said.They can add cheap customers to.The part was $20.00 on ebay.A fix it yourself job.We will.

The roaster I used was was the Hamilton Beach large capacity model.
The roaster did a fantastic job.The directions were another Thanksgiving dinner fiasco not to follow somebody else's directions.Not to even mention or talk about for years to come.Started a 20 Lb bird at 11:00 am.We ate at 9:30 pm.

It all worked out.These guys were "Thankful" Mom was finally fed and got uncranky.:LOL:

I have two of them. I love being able to cook the turkey in it and use the oven for other things, or, in the summer (I cook turkey all year around), I put it on the deck. Great way to cook a turkey (or something else) without heating the house. I use it for making tomato paste. Again, it goes either on the deck or in the summer kitchen.

I made tamale crusts to serve chili in the other day. Shrek makes little fruit pies quite often. He's always asking me to bring home a couple of peaches, apples or whatever.

I made tamale crusts to serve chili in the other day. Shrek makes little fruit pies quite often. He's always asking me to bring home a couple of peaches, apples or whatever.

:ohmy: Can I borrow him? We have a warm desert climate here now, and I promise to send him back. :ROFLMAO:

Okay, you can buy a brand Breville personal pie maker from Amazon for $79.95, or you can buy a certified refurbished one for $99.00. What is wrong with this picture?

You can also buy a personal pie maker from Sunbeam, T-Fal or Sensio Bella for less than 40 bucks. I guess you have to pay extra for the Breville name.

Last edited:
Okay, you can buy a brand Breville personal pie maker from Amazon for $79.95, or you can buy a certified refurbished one for $99.00. What is wrong with this picture?

You can also buy a personal pie maker from Sunbeam, T-Fal or Sensio Bella for less than 40 bucks. I guess you have to pay extra for the Breville name.

1.) Watch the one click shopping on Amazon now.Who knows what your going to get.It's reminding me of shopping on Ebay.Watch what you buy.I had originally paid the $79.95.Brand new to the market.

2.)At the time this thread started,Breville was the exclusive piemaker.
I remember when W/S was price gouging them for about $150.00, and those were back ordered.DCer's and a lot of it's best cooks took Breville to the top.No I still don't have the token pie lifter.

Now the rest have made it affordable for others to have.Same product, just another name.

3.) Off topic here...Went gaming the other night.I saw a player with the name(Sirloinofbeef)was going to challenge that person to pvp.But didn't want to whoop him/her, just in case it was you.)LOL!!!

Yeah, I got one of the real (expensive) ones...love the thing. Keeps Shrek entertained and fed.

Missing pastry cutter

Hello newbie here, I found a Breville Pie Maker at an op shop but it didn't have the pastry cutter and press with it and I can't find one on Ebay or via the company so I'm wondering what a reasonable substitute would be or if someone could tell me the diameters for the cutter and press? Thanks so much. I'm in the U.S. (Arizona), lived in NZ for a long while. :chef:

Hello newbie here, I found a Breville Pie Maker at an op shop but it didn't have the pastry cutter and press with it and I can't find one on Ebay or via the company so I'm wondering what a reasonable substitute would be or if someone could tell me the diameters for the cutter and press? Thanks so much. I'm in the U.S. (Arizona), lived in NZ for a long while. :chef:

Hi oriris7 and Welcome to DC

Thank you for reviving this older thread. I was going to look for it and now you've done the work for me.

I don't have a pie maker but several members do, I'm sure they will be along shortly with some measurements for you.

I did not pull out my cutter to measure because everything is packed away during my kitchen remodel. The pies are four inches, so I would cut the bottom crust into a 5 1/2 inch circle. And 4 inches for the top. You want to roll the crust out to about 1/8th inch.

Since you bumped the thread, I am hoping others will post some of their best filling ideas with Pi(e) Day coming. March 14th.....3.14. :chef:

Welcome to DC!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom