Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breville Pie maker MMMM

HI All, you have such wonderful ideas, I had to join! I got my BPM for mothers day, after hubby waited to long at Christmas and they were GONE! The kids love it when i put pancake batter and cooked sausage links (sliced) in to the pie maker. Hubby does too! I can soft cook him an egg between 2 pcs of toast in about 5 minutes! Best thing EVER! Can't wait to try cream puffs and such. Thanks for your gret ideas!

HI All, you have such wonderful ideas, I had to join! I got my BPM for mothers day, after hubby waited to long at Christmas and they were GONE! The kids love it when i put pancake batter and cooked sausage links (sliced) in to the pie maker. Hubby does too! I can soft cook him an egg between 2 pcs of toast in about 5 minutes! Best thing EVER! Can't wait to try cream puffs and such. Thanks for your gret ideas!

Those are good ideas, too! How much and long do you cook the pancakes?

Welcome to DC, glad to see you here!

Welcome to DC.

Josie

pancake cooking time

Those are good ideas, too! How much and long do you cook the pancakes?

Welcome to DC, glad to see you here!

I cooked them for 5 minutes...but keep in mind, I live in Colorado at over 5000 feet above sea level, so you may need to adjust the time.

I cooked them for 5 minutes...but keep in mind, I live in Colorado at over 5000 feet above sea level, so you may need to adjust the time.

LOL! I grew up in Laramie, WY...a little altitude doesn't scare me!...I'm up in the Mountains of Montana now. Thanks, that give me a good starting time to work around.:)

Shrek and I lived in Lakewood for a couple of years and two of my stepkids and their families are in the Cherry Creek area.

Welcome to the Pie Parlor :mrgreen:

Great idea with the pancakes. I'm going to have to try that. Thank you.

Munky.

Princess,
You tease! :LOL:
Beautiful pictures.. But where is the recipe? Is Shrek holding out on us? That looks so good..

Munky.

2 pounds of ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
3 tablespoons canned jalapenos, rinsed and diced
1 1/2 tablespoons Vegemite

Saute' onion and jalapenos in 1 tablespoon each Grapeseed oil and butter until onions are soft. Stir in the Vegemite, add in the ground beef and cook til done. Taste for seasoning. Sprinkle over yellow curry powder to taste, we used 2 teaspoons. Sprinkle over about 2 tablespoons of flour, stir in and allow to thicken. Allow to cool before making pies. 1/3 cup filling each.

Last edited:
So, I need all of your wisdom...I want to try to bake tart shells in this!...do you think if I fill the bottoms of the empty shell with pie weights it might work? Any ideas, wisdom would be appreciated!

Hiya,

I don't think pie weights are necessary for this.
You could try this. After you line the pie maker. Poke holes into the bottom of the shells with a plastic fork and see if that will work. I'm thinking it will release any air bubbles that might show up.

Good luck.

Munky.

So, I need all of your wisdom...I want to try to bake tart shells in this!...do you think if I fill the bottoms of the empty shell with pie weights it might work? Any ideas, wisdom would be appreciated!

Hiya,

I don't think pie weights are necessary for this.
You could try this. After you line the pie maker. Poke holes into the bottom of the shells with a plastic fork and see if that will work. I'm thinking it will release any air bubbles that might show up.

Good luck.

Munky.

I think either way would work...Wish I hadn't tossed the trimmings of the last pie dough.

I made tuna casserole...without the noodles and put it in the pies...yummy with cheese!!!

I have been looking at this thread for a while, and may have to get one of these for making little pies. Do you know if they would ship well? My Dad lives far from me, and just loves pies. Since I am not near to make them for him, I am thinking that this might be a great idea if they sould ship OK. What do you think? Would there be a way to ship these little pies without them breaking all apart? Just wondering.

I have been looking at this thread for a while, and may have to get one of these for making little pies. Do you know if they would ship well? My Dad lives far from me, and just loves pies. Since I am not near to make them for him, I am thinking that this might be a great idea if they sould ship OK. What do you think? Would there be a way to ship these little pies without them breaking all apart? Just wondering.

I really don't see how, unless you freeze them solid and ship in dry ice.

They don't have little pans, so you would have to wrap them well, so they don't break.

Just a thought about the tart shells, weights and such.

What if you used the Reynolds foil lined baking cups? They come in a small container that have a paper insert. Remove the paper liner. Insert the foil cup, place the dough in and bake.They are designed so that you don't have to use a muffin pan, just a cookie sheet.

It shouldn't scratch your pie maker, still bake the crust and have a pretty cool looking rigid pie shell.

I just pulled one foil liner out to test. It will fit perfectly into the pie maker, just a smidgen over the top. I think the dough once it's in will even it out perfectly.

Munky.

1090000383.jpg

Just a thought about the tart shells, weights and such.

What if you used the Reynolds foil lined baking cups? They come in a small container that have a paper insert. Remove the paper liner. Insert the foil cup, place the dough in and bake.They are designed so that you don't have to use a muffin pan, just a cookie sheet.

It shouldn't scratch your pie maker, still bake the crust and have a pretty cool looking rigid pie shell.

I just pulled one foil liner out to test. It will fit perfectly into the pie maker, just a smidgen over the top. I think the dough once it's in will even it out perfectly.

Munky.

1090000383.jpg
Going to byuy some of those tins, after I copy the rest of the recipes ou put up. YES<YES< it came today woooooo hooo yippee I'm set to go. How ya been Char? I've been meaning to write about Phil's. Wanted to go this thurs or fri but Gil has been sick and now i've two gradustions to go to yeesh. When do I get to have some fun? Wish me luck with my new toy.
cj

Going to byuy some of those tins, after I copy the rest of the recipes ou put up. YES<YES< it came today woooooo hooo yippee I'm set to go. How ya been Char? I've been meaning to write about Phil's. Wanted to go this thurs or fri but Gil has been sick and now i've two gradustions to go to yeesh. When do I get to have some fun? Wish me luck with my new toy.
cj

Awww Kade's glad it's finally arrived. Bout time!:LOL:

So, what are making first? I'm really hungry. Dinner's at what time again?

I've got a roast on the crock pot now. I'll be making Beef Pot Pies tomorrow. Missed my pie maker.

Don't worry about Phil's. Gil ( hope he's feeling better) and graduations come first. One of these Thursdays I won't have to see the men in white coats.. They're coming to take me away!.. Just kidding.:ROFLMAO: :shock:

Have fun with your pie maker.

Munky.

cj

Yea!!!! Now what are you going to put in a pie?

I'm going to make an oyster pie...:chef:

I can't wait to hear about the oyster pie. I love oysters! I may just have to get one of these pie makers.

Back
Top Bottom