Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,

I found this website when searching for recipes for the Breville personal pie maker. Just got one for my birthday last week, along with the cookbook and the pie lifter. So far, we've only made chicken pot pies, but I like to have lots of ideas to play with. I've read through all 22 pages of this thread, so thanks for all of the great tips and recipes. I've C&P'd a 6 page word document just from this thread. :)

Was wondering, did the pie maker ever get its own forum?

It's official..." Were a Pie Cult " Welcome Kristelrobin :)

Now we qualify for the super discount on any make, model, and color of our Mother ship. Yesssssss!!!! :LOL:

I've asked before about a Sub form, ummm no word back on that one. Yet..
I'm willing to sign a lease for one. Anyone else?

Is it just me or is anyone not missing lining muffin pans?
Made some awesome corn and blueberry muffins this week. You couldn't tell by them, that they were actually made in less time then the oven.. Same results. No cleanup..

Munky.

I vote for a Purple Mothership!! Welcome Kristelrobin!!!

We are still a small cult, just a thread for us, but an important part of the weave.:LOL:

Yes, under Desserts.

Pie recipes are under the desserts.

The Pie Makers are completely different. It's a specific appliance- cookware That's why I started the thread here. It's my own opinion here, that the Pie Makers are too versatile as a unit to be put with desserts.
Look at us were just terrible, making up our own recipes. Using this fun gadget like it's a toy, a fun one at that.

If it has to be kept as a thread, I'm alright with that. But for those that are now just receiving them, it's 23 pages of reading and looking for recipes-tips- pics, that just might put them off from participating. They Google and find all kinds of information right here at DC.

The Dehydrating sub gets less traffic than this thread.

I'm just sayin'.. :angel:

Munky.

Hi! I was looking for recipes for my pie maker and found this site. I'm so excited! The recipes are great. I don't have a Breville, I have one from Macy's that I got for 29.00 and LOVE IT! Keep the recipes coming! I've only made a chicken pot pie so far and that convinced my fiancee it was a keeper appliance. I'm going to try to make the chocolate pudding pie recipe I saw on here - my dad is addicted to pudding pie.

I do have few questions. I want to make a few pies to freeze. Has anyone done that before? If so can you reheat in the microwave? My fiancee isn't the best in the kitchen and the microwave is the only thing I can trust him using!

Also, has anyone purchased the book from W/S? Any good recipes in it? I'm more of a savory girl.

Thanks so much and sorry for the babbling!

Kat
PS - I second the pie maker thread!

Like most bread products, flour (pie crusts) don't do very well in the microwave. It goes through a special process when large commercial companies make pies to be frozen and then baked in a micro. I would suggest that you teach him how to use the oven on the stove for any pie products. :chef:

Hi! I was looking for recipes for my pie maker and found this site. I'm so excited! The recipes are great. I don't have a Breville, I have one from Macy's that I got for 29.00 and LOVE IT! Keep the recipes coming! I've only made a chicken pot pie so far and that convinced my fiancee it was a keeper appliance. I'm going to try to make the chocolate pudding pie recipe I saw on here - my dad is addicted to pudding pie.

I do have few questions. I want to make a few pies to freeze. Has anyone done that before? If so can you reheat in the microwave? My fiancee isn't the best in the kitchen and the microwave is the only thing I can trust him using!

Also, has anyone purchased the book from W/S? Any good recipes in it? I'm more of a savory girl.

Thanks so much and sorry for the babbling!

Kat
PS - I second the pie maker thread!

I've been able to actually get the chance to freeze the pies. Wised up and made them when nobody else was home.

They were wrapped in aluminum foil. Marked and dated each one.

Addie's right they don't reheat well in the microwave. The pie crusts get soggy.
Pizza doughs get too tough.

They do reheat well when placed unwrapped on a cookie sheet and put in a 350 degree oven. Give it about 30 minutes. You could always do the toothpick in the center and feel if it's hot enough.

The pie maker itself also does a great job of reheating the pies. They need to be defrosted in the fridge. Preheat the pie maker. Put the pies in, unwrapped give it about 10-15 minutes to reheat.

Last time I made some pies ahead of time, I didn't fully cook them. Just long enough for whatever I was making to start browning. Keep it's shape without falling apart.

Took them out, then wrapped them in foil. It was much easier, that way when I did use the pie maker for reheating it avoided over browning and possibly burning the pies.

Munky.

I've been able to actually get the chance to freeze the pies. Wised up and made them when nobody else was home.

They were wrapped in aluminum foil. Marked and dated each one.

Addie's right they don't reheat well in the microwave. The pie crusts get soggy.
Pizza doughs get too tough.

They do reheat well when placed unwrapped on a cookie sheet and put in a 350 degree oven. Give it about 30 minutes. You could always do the toothpick in the center and feel if it's hot enough.

The pie maker itself also does a great job of reheating the pies. They need to be defrosted in the fridge. Preheat the pie maker. Put the pies in, unwrapped give it about 10-15 minutes to reheat.

Last time I made some pies ahead of time, I didn't fully cook them. Just long enough for whatever I was making to start browning. Keep it's shape without falling apart.

Took them out, then wrapped them in foil. It was much easier, that way when I did use the pie maker for reheating it avoided over browning and possibly burning the pies.

Munky.

Thanks Munky! Good tip!

Bakers are blasphemous! :mad:
Ovens are evil cauldrons of alchemy! :devilish:
For $99.95, you can be one of us, a Brevillian! :innocent:

If I had one, Oh Pie Mistress of the High Council, my first experimental offerings would be curried potato & peas, ala Indian samosas. *bow, stifling a giggle*

If I had one, Oh Pie Mistress of the High Council, my first experimental offerings would be curried potato & peas, ala Indian samosas. *bow, stifling a giggle*

Oh yeah! Perfect for curry dishes. First thing we put in a pie was a curried meat. You can stand up new...:LOL:

Heresy!!! my real name is Father Tart of the Church of the Latter Day Conceptional Crust. I urge you Spork to return to the path of the pie tin, the Brevillian faith is based on Lard lust and unholy fillings.Recant before I send Abbott Ginger Nut around to perform his famous 30 minute Bakewell Tart exorcism.
Rise up oh followers of the true faith, take up the cooky cutter of righteousness, put on the cupcake helmet of crusade and smite the heathens with the rye loaf of retribution :ermm:

I would love to learn how to use this pie maker, but honestly, I've never made a pie in my life! Making the crust for under and over is what freaks me out! I need a very simple method of making the pie crust and If I have that, I swear, I'll buy one of the personal pie makers!:chef:

Bolas, that was hilarious! You have a way with words! Thanks for the laugh!:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Go to the store...buy pre-made pie crust...go home with purchase and bake pies. As simple as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom