Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only problem I have with pie crust is having the room to roll it out. I ended up making a top that fit over the stove.

The only problem I have with pie crust is having the room to roll it out. I ended up making a top that fit over the stove.

I did the same for my main counter in the kitchen. It was too narrow, so I had a "Lid" made for it that doubled its size. All I had to do is nail it from the bottom and it was installed!

Mine had to clear the heating elements and be portable and storable. Works for me. I can also use it on 2 TV trays to make another table if we have people over.

Heresy!!! my real name is Father Tart of the Church of the Latter Day Conceptional Crust. I urge you Spork to return to the path of the pie tin, the Brevillian faith is based on Lard lust and unholy fillings.Recant before I send Abbott Ginger Nut around to perform his famous 30 minute Bakewell Tart exorcism.
Rise up oh followers of the true faith, take up the cooky cutter of righteousness, put on the cupcake helmet of crusade and smite the heathens with the rye loaf of retribution :ermm:
It's clear I've been unnecessarily concerned that lack of inhalant incense would take the edge off Bolas. That is ripping funny! :LOL:

Hark, do I hear my hero Sir Thanks A Lot coming to rescue me on his trusty white steed?

I took my muscle relaxer, fell into a deep sleep for a few hours, and wake up not even knowing what day it is. I love living in this state.:LOL:

It's clear I've been unnecessarily concerned that lack of inhalant incense would take the edge off Bolas. That is ripping funny! :LOL:
My child the path to pie perfection and tartification is a quest only for the brave, my oven gloves and spatula do comfort me.Beware the idolatry of the Brevilians for this idol cannot be submerged in the cleansing waters of salvation and only has a 12 month guarantee.
Repent my child and I will baptise you as Abbess Spork keeper of the Holy Gravy!

Hark, do I hear my hero Sir Thanks A Lot coming to rescue me on his trusty white steed?

I took my muscle relaxer, fell into a deep sleep for a few hours, and wake up not even knowing what day it is. I love living in this state.:LOL:
My child the Church of the Conceptual Crust is a big tent, the Rastafarian wing needs new members.For Binghi Deacon Bob makes a 'erb ginger cake to die for, 6 of my patties induce a similar comatose state:-p

Mine had to clear the heating elements and be portable and storable. Works for me. I can also use it on 2 TV trays to make another table if we have people over.
Get behind me Sablee, I see who you are, you pretend to be Mrs Miggins of the ye olde worlde pie shopee but in reality you are Sweeny Todd dang dang darrrrrr(sound effect)I know your weakness and I am preparing my garlic infused hot water crust frisbee of death(think Oddjobs bowler) baked for 2 hours at wood mark 4. So bring it on Sweeny my oven gloves are Kevlar:)

Now my counters are standard size. But I can't reach the back of them. Only because I stand a whopping 4'8" tall. I have the room to roll out a large piece of dough, but I have to stand on something to reach to the back.

I can hear you laughing!!!

Now my counters are standard size. But I can't reach the back of them. Only because I stand a whopping 4'8" tall. I have the room to roll out a large piece of dough, but I have to stand on something to reach to the back.

I can hear you laughing!!!

My Great-Grandmother was tiny, too. My Grandfather, her SIL, built her a kitchen she could function in. It was the last kitchen I was ever comfortable working in. I'm 4'11".

My Great-Grandmother was tiny, too. My Grandfather, her SIL, built her a kitchen she could function in. It was the last kitchen I was ever comfortable working in. I'm 4'11".

Meanwhile, I'm 6'0 and do EVERYTHING in my kitchen hunched over. :glare:

Any new mini pie recipes to share? I haven't used mine in a bit but just scrolled through the 26 pages and was reminded that I wanted to make those chocolate pies from Munkey!

Princess I didn't know you and I are the same height.. Well that's just all awesome and then some!..;)

Your teasing us again withholding recipes for the pie maker.. again... :innocent:

I've now had mine for a year. Have I had much peace with it? Not a chance.
Like the Paninni maker they have both become a permanent fixture in my kitchen. It's holding up extremely well, for as much as I use it. Trust me it's often...
Timothy's going to be sorryyyy.. :LOL:
Enjoy Tim! That's all I have to say about that...

I just finished one long marathon session with it. What was supposed to be an easy day, turned into an all day thing. Just finished. Made 2 types of deep dish pizza's. The regular, Then used up some Grilled Chicken, brushed the dough with and Herbed Olive Oil Dipping base, topped it with caramelized onions, Chopped tomatoes, Mozzarella.

Used pretty much everyone's idea for LT's 20 clove crock pot Chicken.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/crock-pot-20-clove-chicken-76623.html
Ran all the garlic, onions and carrot's through a blender. Made a nice gravy then added the shredded chicken and made pot pies.. Yes they were yummy..

That's been my adventure for the day.. So glad the Mother ship has reclining seats.:LOL:

Munky.

Just wilted 8 ounces spinach in the bacongrease and drained. About a quarter pound of bacon cooked and crumbled. Whisked 4 eggs with 1/2 cup half & half, sea salt and fresh ground pepper and a grind of nutmeg. Lined the bottom cups on the preheated pie maker with puff pastry. 2 ounces of spinach in each, topped with grated Swiss (about 1 ounce each), ladled in the egg mixture and baked until set with the lid down, about ten minutes, topped with the bacon crumbles 10 minutes in.

I made 2 batches of the pecan pie out of the official cookbook last night, choosing the cane syrup option instead of corn syrup. Delicious, and they make a great part of my baked treats holiday gift to hand out at work.

Last week, I also used leftovers from this recipe -- Green garden veg pie recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food -- to make pot pies, just adding a little milk and some chicken I cooked with a bit of curry and ginger. They were very good, and had a lot more flavor than the chicken pot pie recipe in the official cookbook. Thanks for the link to that BBC website, I found it on one of the earlier pages in this forum. :yum:

Bread for crust?

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while since this thread started, but I was wondering if anyone had tried using loaf bread instead of pastry. It mentions it in the booklet that comes with the pie maker, but I haven't seen much about it.

I was thinking of buying some frozen dinner rolls to use as crust for the pies, just haven't done it yet. Nice to try some cabbage rolls.

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while since this thread started, but I was wondering if anyone had tried using loaf bread instead of pastry. It mentions it in the booklet that comes with the pie maker, but I haven't seen much about it.

Welcome to the Brevillian Cult Kate, :ROFLMAO:
The thread might be a long one. Started a while back. Like us. It's fresh.

Yes you can use loaf bread, even the 1 Lb, frozen loaves from the store. Home made if you prefer.
I use it all the time for Deep Dish Pizza's, Bierocks. Treat it as though you were actually going to use a Pizza pan. I roll it out to a 1/4" sometimes less. The dough will rise a little while it cooks in the pie maker. Use the bottom crust cutter for the base. Fill and top.. Your all set.

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom