Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all,

I'm a new cult member and already preparing for my first encounter with the mother ship! Just got one of these bad boys for Christmas. Didn't know they even existed and now am (mentally) trying to make up for lost time!!!! Since the last couple of days were so busy, I'm getting ready to make my first batch tonight. I'm going to inaugurate this maker with some chicken pot pies, not extraordinarily exotic but it seems like the quintessential savory recipe.

Just want to thank you all for the great recipe ideas you've all posted so generously. I love to experiment (not just in the kitchen!) and this seems like the perfect gadget to do so. I'm already dreaming about deep dish pizzas, tamales/empandas, seafood stews, etc. I have a family event this weekend and I'm totally stoked! Going to the store now to pick up some essentials and then get to work. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Josh

Ok, I've almost talked myself into buying one.

Other than sweet desert pies, what else can I cook in this thing?

1. Chicken pot pie

2. Beef pot pie

3. Quiche

4. Veggie and cheese pies

5. ???????

Hi all,

I'm a new cult member and already preparing for my first encounter with the mother ship! Just got one of these bad boys for Christmas. Didn't know they even existed and now am (mentally) trying to make up for lost time!!!! Since the last couple of days were so busy, I'm getting ready to make my first batch tonight. I'm going to inaugurate this maker with some chicken pot pies, not extraordinarily exotic but it seems like the quintessential savory recipe.

Just want to thank you all for the great recipe ideas you've all posted so generously. I love to experiment (not just in the kitchen!) and this seems like the perfect gadget to do so. I'm already dreaming about deep dish pizzas, tamales/empandas, seafood stews, etc. I have a family event this weekend and I'm totally stoked! Going to the store now to pick up some essentials and then get to work. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Josh

LOL!!.. I knew we'd have a new recruit by sundown.. Welcome aboard fellow Brevillian... Enjoy the ride! Were just here " To Serve Man".. :ROFLMAO:
Feel free to jump on in. Not out. The Mother ship didn't come equipped with a net.
It was extra.

Munky.

LOL!!.. I knew we'd have a new recruit by sundown.. Welcome aboard fellow Brevillian... Enjoy the ride! Were just here " To Serve Man".. :ROFLMAO:
Feel free to jump on in. Not out. The Mother ship didn't come equipped with a net.
It was extra.

Munky.

I have that cookbook...err, book.

Ok, I've almost talked myself into buying one.

Other than sweet desert pies, what else can I cook in this thing?

1. Chicken pot pie

2. Beef pot pie

3. Quiche

4. Veggie and cheese pies

5. ???????

#6.. Toasted home made Raviolis made from scratch. Just made an experimental batch. First time in the pie maker. It was pretty good. Not bad for not being fried.
I'll have it tweaked by the morning. Post the recipe and pics tomorrow.

Are you in yet?.. We'll give ya a free pass on the Union Dues this month. Were nice like that :mrgreen:
Did I tell ya the Mother Ship has Pandora and a sreamin' stereo system?

Munky.

I have that cookbook...err, book.

You had the book and didn't tell me.? Am I the only one that doesn't have it.
Santa jipped me again... :ohmy: He's so OFF my Xmas card list for next year! :LOL:

Munky.

P.S..

OMG, Princess I just got the joke..!! HAHAA!!
Slowing down must be bedtime..

Last edited:
muffins ?

Hi, my name is Joanna (Jo for short), I am new to this site, read all 27 pages. Got a new Bella pie maker this Christmas. I am wondering can I make muffins in it without using a cupcake paper? Just pour in the pie maker? I have some bananas I want to use up and try out my pie maker. I am looking forward to making all kinds of yummy pies in this new toy. I was making pie pockets by hand and I tell ya I was excited to get this pie maker b/c making by hand they were not the prettiest but were yummy. I look forward to all the recipes you all have posted too. I made notes of pages they were on. Thanks in advance.
Jo

Hi, my name is Joanna (Jo for short), I am new to this site, read all 27 pages. Got a new Bella pie maker this Christmas. I am wondering can I make muffins in it without using a cupcake paper? Just pour in the pie maker? I have some bananas I want to use up and try out my pie maker. I am looking forward to making all kinds of yummy pies in this new toy. I was making pie pockets by hand and I tell ya I was excited to get this pie maker b/c making by hand they were not the prettiest but were yummy. I look forward to all the recipes you all have posted too. I made notes of pages they were on. Thanks in advance.
Jo

Hi Jo Brevillian.. We've been expecting you.. We come in peace.:ROFLMAO:

Yes you can make muffins and mini cakes in your pie maker. Any recipe you have will work
Fill the molds un greased or paper lined, just above half way. Close and make sure the lid is locked
They will take less time to cook. Approximately 10-12 minutes.

Munky.

Thanks so much for the info, I have recipes for the banana bread/muffins I will try and my homemade pumpkin mix for pies that is stored in the freezer. Its so good to know I can use with or without a liner. I was so afraid the cupcake liner would burn in the pie maker. I am so excited to start using my new toy! Also is there a spot on this board where more recipes you all shared are listed for me to look thru?

Thanks so much for the info, I have recipes for the banana bread/muffins I will try and my homemade pumpkin mix for pies that is stored in the freezer. Its so good to know I can use with or without a liner. I was so afraid the cupcake liner would burn in the pie maker. I am so excited to start using my new toy! Also is there a spot on this board where more recipes you all shared are listed for me to look thru?

Now, that you mention it...No. We didn't get around to creating it yet. Our excuse is...we've been too busy playing with our pie makers. But, I should think any pie filling should work as long as you don't put more than 1/4 cup in.

Good morning all,

I got home late last night and only made ONE recipe. And it wasn't even the chicken pot pie I was dreaming of all day. I made a very simple bolognese/ricotta/parm pie with puff pastry crust and it was delicious. A little scorched on top because I couldn't find my parchment - think I left it at a cookie exchange last week. Anyway, I am rearing to go with many other recipes. The ideas on these pages are great but it seems like you just can't go wrong with this thing. Very happy boy here. Thanks Santa!!! :)~

Congratulations, Timothy! And welcome to the cult!

I haven't really thought about fish much because it doesn't seem too compatible with the kinds of foods I might get in a pie. Because of the baking temperatures (the lack of control), I would think it might overcook the fish whereas with other kinds of foods (like chicken and ground beef) you get a lot more wiggle-room.

With that said, I'm SURE that it can be done. Where there's a will there's a way. You'll have to experiment and see what you can come up with. Fish stew in a pie would probably come off just as well as any other gravy based pot pie. The key would be finding the right length of time to cook.

Congratulations, Timothy! And welcome to the cult!

I haven't really thought about fish much because it doesn't seem too compatible with the kinds of foods I might get in a pie. Because of the baking temperatures (the lack of control), I would think it might overcook the fish whereas with other kinds of foods (like chicken and ground beef) you get a lot more wiggle-room.

With that said, I'm SURE that it can be done. Where there's a will there's a way. You'll have to experiment and see what you can come up with. Fish stew in a pie would probably come off just as well as any other gravy based pot pie. The key would be finding the right length of time to cook.

Thanks, I always wanted to be in a cult! This is the best one I can think of. I think that "Personal Pies" forum that some have been tossing around, sounds like a good thing. We could stack up a bunch of recipes in it where they would be easy to find!

5-7 day shipping...I should get it about Jan 3-4. I can't wait!

So do you all use parchment paper on the tops of your pies then close the pie maker and bake?

I use the dough cutter and trace around the inside and outside of the parchment paper. Cut it out. I like the tops of my pies to be golden brown. The cut outs protect the edges from over browning

Depending on what I'm cooking at the time I take the piece and place it right on top. It's the perfect fit for the crimped edges. They will still cook but it keeps them from over baking & not lose that cute crimped edge. Close and bake. You can get at least 3 uses out of one piece.

I figure If I'm feeling a little scissor happy on a particular day, I just cut out extras for later use.

Don't feel it's a must do or die thing. My kids are just a little particular about over baked crusts is all. The booklet doesn't mention using it at all. I was just at the time an experimental thing. It worked..Go figure.:LOL:

Munky.

OK I did it, my 1st batch of banana muffins were a lil dark, 2nd batch I added choc chips to tops & pushed down then put my circle parchment paper on top, came out good. 3rd & 4th batches I put mix in cupcake liners cut down sides and used the parchment paper on top. These were a big hit with my twin sons & hubby. YEAH lol.
img_1088719_0_64296e891782373410bb02d010524e92.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered the Breville pie maker, recipe book and pie lifter.

I see many personal pies in my future!

Has anyone tried fish yet?

HAHAA! I knew you'd join the cult. Welcome aboard!

So, really now. Was it the no Union Dues or Pandora that sucked you in? :ROFLMAO:
Oh, now you've really got to try making Spanish Tortilla's in this bad boy. Absolutely awesome. Hubby got a few put in his lunch a few weeks ago. He loved it.

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom