Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been reading this thread lately...I might have to think about getting a pie maker for myself. Sounds like you can make just about anything. It reminds me of the way we use the camper pie (sometimes called hobo pie)makers on camping trips.

Hi Chopper, when you buy one do share your experience and pies with us all. I too have read all the treads and have learned so much from these wonderful bakers!!

New Pies coming

Well hubby went shopping and he bought ingredients for me to make more of those pizza pies all the guys loved. I am also gonna be making lemon, blueberry and cherry pies for tomorrow. I usually make my big homemade pumpkin but had that for Christmas so now to individual size pies lol. Also having turkey tomorrow and looking forward to some turkey pot pies afterwards. Now off to the store to get my parchment paper which I forgot to tell him to get me. That is a lifesaver for me and my pies. Have a good and safe New Year's Eve everyone!!!

I've found I can create pies out of almost any leftovers. I'm considering blind baking some sweet short bread shells and filling them with lime and lemon curd.

Arrrghh!!! You better tell me about the Spanish Tortillas....

Will do, :)

It's been hectic here a few days. Have only had time to peek in here and run on out again..

My kids are going to give Ol' Mom a computer lesson. Dreading it all the way. I'll put everything into a PDF format to make it easier for people to access. Feel bad all the new owners have to go through, what's the count now 30 pages? for info..

Munky.

Just got the notice in my email, that my pie maker, cookbook and pie lifter are on the way!

Just a few more days and I can start making those beautiful little pies you are all turning out!

I can't wait!

Incense sales been that good Tim? :LOL:
The robes are all frilly.. Would look really tacky on you..
You get the hat that's been Bedazzled alll over it..:ROFLMAO:

Glad it's on the way..

Munky.

Well hubby went shopping and he bought ingredients for me to make more of those pizza pies all the guys loved. I am also gonna be making lemon, blueberry and cherry pies for tomorrow. I usually make my big homemade pumpkin but had that for Christmas so now to individual size pies lol. Also having turkey tomorrow and looking forward to some turkey pot pies afterwards. Now off to the store to get my parchment paper which I forgot to tell him to get me. That is a lifesaver for me and my pies. Have a good and safe New Year's Eve everyone!!!

You have been making some gorgeous looking pies.
I really liked your breakfast one. Thank you.

Kids wearing you out yet? Mine are still making me crazy. If I get too busy, they use it. Create their own recipes . I'm ok with that. :angel: Why fight it?

Munky.

Been reading this thread lately...I might have to think about getting a pie maker for myself. Sounds like you can make just about anything. It reminds me of the way we use the camper pie (sometimes called hobo pie)makers on camping trips.

Chopper,

Was it you who had asked about making and sending pre baked pie's to your Dad? Concerned about them arriving safely. How they could be shipped without a problem?

The other day I was asked to make something that when it's finished , it's extremely fragile. I can't ship this type of product during the summer months. It would completely ruin 3 days work for me. I know others here
have asked how they can send food safely to another state without spoiling the product.
Went on a hunt and found these.

Shipping Perishables with Insulated Shipping Boxes and Insulated Shippers

Frozen Gel Packs can be used as cold packs for food or medical ice packs

My summer shipping dilemma's are now over with.. Finally!

Munky.

Thanks Munky. I don't remember if I was the original person to ask about sending pies, but Dad does love his pie, and Mom is not around any more to bake them for him. I went to his place over Thanksgiving, and my sisters and I made extra pie for his freezer. That should hold him over for a bit, and I think he got lots of goodies for Christmas too. I may need to send some off to him in a few months.

Lemon Pies

OK I made 20 of my Pizza Pies this evening, my hubby bought all the ingredients and that was dinner 3 or 4 each lol. No measuring just added all ingredients and mixed and piled in the bottom crust WOW they were big and yummy.

But I did make 4 lemon pies, made my crust (using the crisco recipe), can lemon pie filling. I added the lemon pie filling in bottom crust then I had made tops but cut hole in middle so only sides on top had crust. Put on my parchment paper on top and omg they came out great. Boys wanted them as soon as I was taking out of pie maker lol. So tomorrow I will make cherry and blueberry and more lemon. Individual pies is great lol.

img_1089975_0_520ceb9cf2a99ececb82417ac65a0afa.jpg
[/IMG]

Jos4Boys said:
OK I made 20 of my Pizza Pies this evening, my hubby bought all the ingredients and that was dinner 3 or 4 each lol. No measuring just added all ingredients and mixed and piled in the bottom crust WOW they were big and yummy.

But I did make 4 lemon pies, made my crust (using the crisco recipe), can lemon pie filling. I added the lemon pie filling in bottom crust then I had made tops but cut hole in middle so only sides on top had crust. Put on my parchment paper on top and omg they came out great. Boys wanted them as soon as I was taking out of pie maker lol. So tomorrow I will make cherry and blueberry and more lemon. Individual pies is great lol.

[/IMG]

It sounds like you are having so much fun! How old are "the boys?". Do they ever help?

It sounds like you are having so much fun! How old are "the boys?". Do they ever help?

My twins just turned 15, I had Nick helping with the dough tonight, making it and rolling it and putting the filling in and tops on the pizza pies, he enjoyed it. Tim was playing xbox but he helped cut more parchment circles for me. They enjoy eating more I think lol.

Jos4Boys said:
My twins just turned 15, I had Nick helping with the dough tonight, making it and rolling it and putting the filling in and tops on the pizza pies, he enjoyed it. Tim was playing xbox but he helped cut more parchment circles for me. They enjoy eating more I think lol.

Oh my gosh, and 15 year old boys can sure eat! So glad they like the pies. I should have had something like that when my boys were teenagers!

Oh my gosh, and 15 year old boys can sure eat! So glad they like the pies. I should have had something like that when my boys were teenagers!

Yupe they can eat for sure! I make something and I say come on guys taste it for me, I need feed back. But if hubby comes back for more after the 1st pie then I know it passed LOL. Gonna make my fruit pies today and add a lil more crust on top and just a lil hole this time.

fruit pies

I did make 8 fruit pies today, cherry, lemon and blueberry. Added more crust and used a water bottle cap to make the hole in the middle. Put rest of dough in container in frig for tomorrow.

img_1090264_0_f9a135e50fd670fc81a09f43aa463393.jpg

img_1090264_1_e58d8f521de506d2fc72702458a9a056.jpg

I did make 8 fruit pies today, cherry, lemon and blueberry. Added more crust and used a water bottle cap to make the hole in the middle. Put rest of dough in container in frig for tomorrow.

Those look really yummy, Jos4Boys. My pie maker should be here in just a few more days. I can hardly wait after seeing the pies you and others are making with it.

I like to make more than we will eat and freeze them to take to work. Also quick for Shrek to have a homemade meal when he's "home alone."

I like to make more than we will eat and freeze them to take to work. Also quick for Shrek to have a homemade meal when he's "home alone."

Yes I want to make some and freeze but with everyone home its not happening. After boys go back from winter break, will make some and freeze before they get home lol.

Yes I want to make some and freeze but with everyone home its not happening. After boys go back from winter break, will make some and freeze before they get home lol.

I am resisting buying that pie maker. I have enough gadgets now. You folks are maing it very hard.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom