Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wanted to pop in and say HI, haven't used pie maker this past week, OH NO lol. But I just got done putting my turkey juice and left over turkey in freezer bags and in freezer so next week I will be trying turkey pot pies when no one is home!

Just wanted to pop in and say HI, haven't used pie maker this past week, OH NO lol. But I just got done putting my turkey juice and left over turkey in freezer bags and in freezer so next week I will be trying turkey pot pies when no one is home!

I haven't used mine in a week or so either. Kids have been using it though. They actually made Mini Tostada appetizers. One used Flour Tortillas, the other used Corn.
I'm happy all the little bowls of this and that of left overs got used up.

Munky.

Oh man, just ate my first two pies! I think my next batch will be four.

It surprised me how long it took for the tops to get browned.

I used canned "White Chili" as filling. It was really good!

Thanks to all you guys for talking me into getting this gadget!

I'm defrosting some more pie crusts right now! Yum!

Heya Tim,

I knew you'd like it. :angel:
It's amazing what it can actually do. Reading your recipes just goes to show how adaptable simple items can be used to create new recipes. My husband wants me to make your eggs and toast on his next day off. Thanks alot Tim! Like I needed something else to do.. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

You guys are killing me! I DO need to get one of these. And to add to it I ran into a friend yesterday who just got her own pie maker and is having a great time! She told me all about the turkey pot pies she made the other day. I want this!!! Need to get to W.S. soon to get my own. ;)

You guys are killing me! I DO need to get one of these. And to add to it I ran into a friend yesterday who just got her own pie maker and is having a great time! She told me all about the turkey pot pies she made the other day. I want this!!! Need to get to W.S. soon to get my own. ;)

LOL!!! It's all part of our induction process. Were Killers :LOL:

Your friend deliberately ran into you on purpose!:ROFLMAO:

This has been such a wise investment around here.

My family's changing. They had the nerve to grow up and get lives of their own. Not only is it just really cool to play around and experiment with. We've saved so much money on food that would have normally gone to waste.

Just a few minutes and you have any kind of meal ready to go on the the fly. Some days I'm tired and really don't want to deal with a huge production process of making dinner, and the cleanup after wards to?

The creativity of the DC cooks. Who needs a cook book.
Were doing just fine. I've been having a great time reading and seeing what others are doing with their pie makers.

Were saving a spot just for you Chopper.. :LOL:

Munky.

Heya Tim,

I knew you'd like it. :angel:
It's amazing what it can actually do. Reading your recipes just goes to show how adaptable simple items can be used to create new recipes. My husband wants me to make your eggs and toast on his next day off. Thanks alot Tim! Like I needed something else to do.. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

You'll have to get a loaf of over-sized bread to make the egg one. Then you just push the cutter into the slice to make the bottom crust. I put soem cheese in first, (you don't need a top crust), then crumbled bacon and then just broke the egg into the pie. With it pre-heated, it seems like 6 minutes works perfectly.

That's what I had for breakfast again today.

This thing is a blast!

Last edited:
I haven't used mine in a week or so either. Kids have been using it though. They actually made Mini Tostada appetizers. One used Flour Tortillas, the other used Corn.
I'm happy all the little bowls of this and that of left overs got used up.

Munky.

They made them using regular flour tortillas? That's cool. I was going to try that, but I thought the tortilla would tear while being pushed into the mold.

I see "Burrito Pies" in my future.:chef::pig:

They made them using regular flour tortillas? That's cool. I was going to try that, but I thought the tortilla would tear while being pushed into the mold.

Oo burrito pies which makes me think of those taco bowls you get taco salad in sometimes. You could serve mini taco salads, just add the cold ingredients to serve.

Yes they used floured for a batch. It was as they put it like the Taco Bowls. They've seen me use the molds to make large ones for Taco salad so many times, they just incorporated the pie maker to make the mini's.

Just asked one about it. He says they are a little hard to cut right out of the bag, cold. He nuked it for a few seconds. Just enough to keep it pliable without tearing. Then used the cutter. Placed it on, gave it a quick push, added some refries, meat, cheese and taco sauce.

They would do something cool like that in the middle of the night while I'm asleep. I want a chicken taco salad now...

Tim,
Would the Hawaiian French Toast bread work for your recipe?

Thank you

Munky.

Yes they used floured for a batch. It was as they put it like the Taco Bowls. They've seen me use the molds to make large ones for Taco salad so many times, they just incorporated the pie maker to make the mini's.

Just asked one about it. He says they are a little hard to cut right out of the bag, cold. He nuked it for a few seconds. Just enough to keep it pliable without tearing. Then used the cutter. Placed it on, gave it a quick push, added some refries, meat, cheese and taco sauce.

They would do something cool like that in the middle of the night while I'm asleep. I want a chicken taco salad now...

Tim,
Would the Hawaiian French Toast bread work for your recipe?

Thank you

Munky.

When they used the flour tortillas, did they also put a top piece on or did they leave the top open? I"m trying that tomorrow night for supper!

An egg dipped piece of bread might just work, Munky. That's a great idea I've have to try. It would make the bread more pliable and able to be formed more easily into the pie maker.:chef: Great thinking!

When they used the flour tortillas, did they also put a top piece on or did they leave the top open? I"m trying that tomorrow night for supper!

An egg dipped piece of bread might just work, Munky. That's a great idea I've have to try. It would make the bread more pliable and able to be formed more easily into the pie maker.:chef: Great thinking!

Ok, he says they left the tops open. I don't think if you added a top it would stay put. Might get toasty though.
That would leave them open for adding sour cream at the end. Mind you I had nothing to do with this idea. They could have saved me one.

He also says that they checked them after 5 min, or so. To see if they were getting burned. They cooked them about 12 min. The flour tortillas were crispy.

The Corn tortillas they both thought were the best. They cooked up nice and crispy outside, but just a little chewy on the inside. That could have been caused from the stuff they added to it.

Now they got a taste of my world. Dad walked in saw what they were doing. Asked " Where's mine!?" They were stuck making more.. :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to try your way for the breakfast egg toast first. I liked the idea of it.
My idea is sounding like French Toast. Classy rounds...

Watch that recipe to show up on W/S's site..

Munky.

OK now I have to make those egg ones and the taco ones, I think I got all the ingredients, now that hawaiian toast bread sounds yummy. have to look for it too. Giving me plenty of ideas for this week lol. Keep em coming!!

While reading in bed last night, my mind strayed to the pie maker. I had an idea that I wonder if it would work:

Pounding out a piece of chicken to a thin sheet just as I would for Cordon Bleu, but putting something like stuffing in it before folding it up.

Then put it into the pie maker to cook. Off hand, I think the fats would cook out and make a mess.

I was trying to think of things that are semi-liquid when made, but firm up upon cooking.

The various "casseroles" come to mind. I wonder if they would firm up enough to be able to be lifted from the pie maker as individual tiny casseroles.

Thoughts?

Thanks for setting a place for me, Munky. I am sure I will be bellying up to the table soon. :) In the meantime, I am getting some great ideas from the sidelines.

While reading in bed last night, my mind strayed to the pie maker. I had an idea that I wonder if it would work:

Pounding out a piece of chicken to a thin sheet just as I would for Cordon Bleu, but putting something like stuffing in it before folding it up.

Then put it into the pie maker to cook. Off hand, I think the fats would cook out and make a mess.

I was trying to think of things that are semi-liquid when made, but firm up upon cooking.

The various "casseroles" come to mind. I wonder if they would firm up enough to be able to be lifted from the pie maker as individual tiny casseroles.Thoughts?
Ha anyone thought of pounding out a piece of meat really thin and using that as a crust? Put the filling inside the thinned out cut of meat. But what could you use for the top? Hmmmm? I am thinking. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Little Mac n Cheeses? Would that each be a Jr. named after Big Daddy? And what kind of a middle name is n? :ohmy:

N is Egyptian Hieroglyphics for "Snake" which makes them Mac Snake Cheese...haven't you ever heard of milking snakes? Once you are done you make cheese...:mellow:

Back
Top Bottom