Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
N is Egyptian Hieroglyphics for "Snake" which makes them Mac Snake Cheese...haven't you ever heard of milking snakes? Once you are done you make cheese...:mellow:

Okaaay! Just lie down here of the couch and tell me all about it. Oh Wait! I started this, didn't I. Get up and I will lie down of the couch. :ohmy:

While reading in bed last night, my mind strayed to the pie maker. I had an idea that I wonder if it would work:

Pounding out a piece of chicken to a thin sheet just as I would for Cordon Bleu, but putting something like stuffing in it before folding it up.

Then put it into the pie maker to cook. Off hand, I think the fats would cook out and make a mess.

I was trying to think of things that are semi-liquid when made, but firm up upon cooking.

The various "casseroles" come to mind. I wonder if they would firm up enough to be able to be lifted from the pie maker as individual tiny casseroles.

Thoughts?

Why not give the chicken a try. The pie maker is easy to clean. Maybe tying it with some string or inserting tooth picks will work.
Now I don't want anyone putting PETA on me. It's just an idea. " here Chickyyy,Chickyyy" :ROFLMAO:
Cajun Bacon wrapped chicken would probably work well in the pie maker.

Haven't had the time to write up my own recipe for the Toasted Raviolis yet. This is a rough draft of my recipe. The pasta will cook in the pie maker. Normally they are fried, then you just dip them in Marina sauce. Were cutting out some of the fat. No oil is necessary for this recipe.

Here's what I did. Using my own pasta recipe. They will be 4x4" Large I know. Used the bottom crust cutter for the base and tops. But hey they're good and who wants to get up anyways for seconds.

Once the dough is rolled out, pieces are cut. Set them aside.

I made the filling using cooked Hot Italian sausage, cooled and set aside.

Basil, Parmesan cheese, mixed in with Mozzarella cheese.
Set it aside.

In a medium sized bowl I had some seasoned up bread crumbs. Kosher salt, Paprika, Parmesan cheese, fresh ground pepper.

In another bowl whip up 4 large eggs.

Preheat the pie maker

Take the bottom piece and brush on the whipped eggs. Add the filling and cheese. Place the tops on and seal them up good.

Dip them in the egg mix, then the seasoned bread crumbs. Place them in the pie maker.
It will take about 15-20 minutes to get a nice golden color top and bottom on them. They will puff up just a bit while cooking.

I made about a dozen ( Don't hold me to that, wasn't paying attention to the count, impossible to do with they're getting grabbed up and eaten ) I didn't even have the chance to get pics.

Good luck :chef:

Munky.

Those sound so good!

I want to try Denver Pies tomorrow. Buttered bread rounds on the bottom, push them in then eggs mixed with sauteed onions, red & green peppers, poured on. Bake and top with fine grated cheese.

This little pie maker has created a life of its own. But I don't need another applicance. Even though I am tempted. :ohmy:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Those sound so good!

I want to try Denver Pies tomorrow. Buttered bread rounds on the bottom, push them in then eggs mixed with sauteed onions, red & green peppers, poured on. Bake and top with fine grated cheese.

I want to eat with you and Shrek tomorrow! Too bad I have to work for a living! That sure does sound like my kind of pie!

I want to eat with you and Shrek tomorrow! Too bad I have to work for a living! That sure does sound like my kind of pie!

We will have sausage patties and/or ham on the side. Let me know when you get here. I also have quiche planned for later, broccoli and cheddar, but I was going to freeze those for my lunches.

Wasn't feeling too good yesterday. Needed something light to eat. Tim your recipe was fantastic. Hit the spot!:chef:

I finally found curry powder, had plans today to try Princess's recipe. I was going to brave it and go back to the start of this thread today to find it.

Well that idea's on hold. Woke up sick, Hubby decided to share his cold with me.
It just bites all that the pie maker can't make soup. Does everything else. I want a refund. :LOL:

Munky.

Wasn't feeling too good yesterday. Needed something light to eat. Tim your recipe was fantastic. Hit the spot!:chef:

I finally found curry powder, had plans today to try Princess's recipe. I was going to brave it and go back to the start of this thread today to find it.

Well that idea's on hold. Woke up sick, Hubby decided to share his cold with me.
It just bites all that the pie maker can't make soup. Does everything else. I want a refund. :LOL:

Munky.

Which one, Munky? The chicken wrapped stuffing? I did a ham wrapped stuffing in it last night. Turned out well. I used big, square lucheon meat ham, two thick, for the bottom and one slice for the top, with cornbread stuffing for a filler.

The flanges got just a bit burnt, but it was very, very good.

Which one, Munky? The chicken wrapped stuffing? I did a ham wrapped stuffing in it last night. Turned out well. I used big, square lucheon meat ham, two thick, for the bottom and one slice for the top, with cornbread stuffing for a filler.

The flanges got just a bit burnt, but it was very, very good.

I tried you Breakfast one. The timing for it was right on the money. Doubt I can handle anything today. My head is swimming.

Sounds like your Ham Wrap was good. Will have to try that. I like my ham slices to have a good singe to them. I'll pass it on to my guys. They're all fending for themselves today.

Munky.

I tried you Breakfast one. The timing for it was right on the money. Doubt I can handle anything today. My head is swimming.

Sounds like your Ham Wrap was good. Will have to try that. I like my ham slices to have a good singe to them. I'll pass it on to my guys. They're all fending for themselves today.

Munky.

The ham wraps are much better with some "dipping gravy". Luckily, I had some jarred gravy.

And a little mustard.

Yum city. But remember it's two slices on the bottom. I used a rice paddle to lift them out. Let them rest some and cool.

With the gravy, they were just awesome!

I can't read this thread without getting the front of my shirt soaked! I will let you know as soon as I break down and get one of these.

Been contemplating this for a few days and broke down and bought it today based on one of my friends posting how wonderful her pie maker was. I immediately browsed for recipes and found this site.

I spent a few hours reading all the pages. I am so excited to get started. I have a feeling I am going to be tired tomorrow evening.

I still haven't picked one up...unexpected vet bills, client not cutting the cheque I really need so I can buy a new laptop, etc. But I still want one...maybe I can get my Mom to buy me one for my B'day in February...another kitchen gadget...

Shepard's Pie

1 Lb lean ground beef
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 yellow onion- minced
2 cloves garlic-minced

1 large carrot diced small - steamed
2 russet potatoes diced small - steamed

1 to 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 Tbs corn starch
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp beef bouillon
1 1/2 Cups water

3 egg whites, beaten.
*Instant mashed potato recipe 12 servings*

Bottom crust recipe * Butter Puff* Double this recipe.

1 1/4 Cup sifted AP flour
1 stick of salted butter
2-3 Tablespoons of ice water
Cut the butter into the flour until it's a fine crumb. Gradually add the water until the dough is soft and incorporated. Roll, Cut shape, repeat. Makes about 8 Flaky crusts.
Total made was 16 pies.

1.) The tops will be instant mashed potatoes. Make the crusts first using the bottom side pastry cutter.Set aside.

2.) Make a batch of instant potatoes set aside.

3.) Steam the potatoes and carrots together until they are fork tender, about 20 min. Remove from heat. Set aside.

4.) Saute the onions and vegetable oil together until the onions are clear and tender.
Add the garlic and ground beef cook thoroughly.

5.) mix the cornstarch, bouillon, worcestershire sauce, oregano, soy sauce together with the beef.
Add the water. Simmer 10-15 minutes.

6.) Fold the steamed veggies into the meat mixture. Simmer a few minutes more.
If you need need to thicken or thin the gravy now's the time to do it. Remove it from the burner.

Preheat the pie maker

Add the dough pieces, 1/3 cup filling. For the tops I used a large tablespoon from the drawer. Close to 2 Tablespoons.Per pie.
Rolled the instant potatoes into a ball, then flattened them a little bit. Enough to cover the top.

Brush on the beaten egg whites.

Bake for 20 minutes.
img_1095131_0_bb74b0665460229fa77d9420d0baa412.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom