Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chopper said:
Ok. Here it is. The first batch of pies at the house of Chopper! Lemon!

Had to take the picture quick before the guys got to them! I will let you know how they taste!

They are adorable, Chopper!

Do tears work? And let her know that my b'day is March 12th. The same day at Girl Scouts. That should count for something. ;)
Given that her memory is what it is, I was planning on grabbing her VISA and ordering it to be delivered while I was there! But, I'll make a note she has a 2nd chance to give it to me for your b'day, Addie.

Good for you, chopper! Have fun! You'll have lots of fun making up recipe to make in it. My favorite so far is the breakfast pies. I have them almost every morning now using the egg roll wrappers.

So is the crust similar to pie crust? Is it tender? I am seriously considering buying one of the pie makers, but thought having to make pie crust every time would mean that I wouldn't use it much.

So is the crust similar to pie crust? Is it tender? I am seriously considering buying one of the pie makers, but thought having to make pie crust every time would mean that I wouldn't use it much.

Using the egg roll wrappers results in the top crust being kind of crisp, but good and the bottom crust is very simillar to a regular pie crust.

You can also buy pie crusts at the store. At my store, they're about $2.30 for two 9" squares of pie crust. Each one has enough dough to make two pies, so two of the squares that come in each box will make four pies.

The egg roll wrappers are much less cost per/pie. I think a package of them has 30 wrappers and costs about $2. Enough for 15 pies.

The 9" pie crusts cost about 60 cents per pie and the egg roll wrappers cost about 15 cents per/pie.

How could I make anything but lemon after seeing your pictures! I was waiting for the day I could have those great little pies too! Thanks!

Using the egg roll wrappers results in the top crust being kind of crisp, but good and the bottom crust is very simillar to a regular pie crust.

You can also buy pie crusts at the store. At my store, they're about $2.30 for two 9" squares of pie crust. Each one has enough dough to make two pies, so two of the squares that come in each box will make four pies.

The egg roll wrappers are much less cost per/pie. I think a package of them has 30 wrappers and costs about $2. Enough for 15 pies.

The 9" pie crusts cost about 60 cents per pie and the egg roll wrappers cost about 15 cents per/pie.

I like the idea of the egg roll wrappers because they are usually all natural. The pre rolled pie crusts aren't my cup of tea, they almost taste bitter to me.

I like the idea of the egg roll wrappers because they are usually all natural. The pre rolled pie crusts aren't my cup of tea, they almost taste bitter to me.

Puff pastry and Phyllo make good crusts, too. Crescent rolls...

Hello My Name is Robin,
I do not have the breville pie make but I did get one from kohls the bella one it's just like the breville one. I had kohls cash so I was wondering around trying to find something to buy with it I got soda stream soda syurp and Oh i found a red balla pie maker it was calling my name robin buy me buy me! so I got it it did not real cost me anything because it was free cash rewards from khols good buy so today I was surfing the web and I came across the thread I have been enjoy reading from the very first page
I only made a few items with it I made apple pies with splenda,and I found a sugar free already made at wal-mart they both were very good. I went to w.s. today and broke down and bought the mini pie book for pie makers I can wait till my nexy day off to make some pies with sloppy-joes and I want to try the chocolate pie
So I was hopeing I can join in the cult too

Robin

Last edited:
Hello My Name is Robin,
I do not have the breville pie make but I did get one from kohls the bella one it likes just like the breville one anks they same way I was surfing the web and I came across the thread I have been enjoy reading from the very first page
I only made a few items with it I made apple pies with splenda,and I found a sugar free already made at wal-mart they both were very good. I went to w.s. today and broke down and bought the mini pie book for pie makers I can wait till my nexy day off to make some pies with sloppy-joes and I want to try the chocolate pie
So I was hopeing I can join in the cult too
Robin

You'll need to shave your head, wear an orange robe and hand out pies at the bus station....wait, that's the other group...

Welcome Robin. Pull up a chair. There seems to be plenty of spaces left at this table. I love my new pie maker!!!

This is almost like passive peer pressure (is that a real thing or just something I made up in my head?). I had no interest in another appliance, especially one so specific to one job, but now I am finding myself seeking them out in stores. I doubt that I would plunk down the cash for the breville, but there are many others out there calling my name.....

This is almost like passive peer pressure (is that a real thing or just something I made up in my head?). I had no interest in another appliance, especially one so specific to one job, but now I am finding myself seeking them out in stores. I doubt that I would plunk down the cash for the breville, but there are many others out there calling my name.....

That broken wrist you have could be a big hint;):rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom