Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Shrek.. :ermm:

Good to see that they have lowered the price down. I believe that's what I had paid for mine originally.

Chef Munky said:
Sorry Shrek.. :ermm:

Good to see that they have lowered the price down. I believe that's what I had paid for mine originally.

When I bought mine the sales lady at WS said that they were at that price until they became so popular, and the price went up. Mine was still marked at $99.00, but I got it for the lower price. She said that it was now a permanent mark down.

W-S must have received my letter suggesting they match the Cdn price (kidding, but now I will buy one on my way back from TX. The W-S is a five-minute walk from the train station and I have 2 hours to wait...).

Oh my gosh...it is a good thing that you are worth it PF! :)

It was a mission for him, he was going to get one come heck or high water. I think he got the first one back in stock at WS.:LOL: He just proved to them they could charge high for it.

:eek:Hi everyone! I'm trying to adjust some of my recipes to make them Weight Watchers friendly (I need to fit into a certain wedding dress by August!:eek:)

I've been looking at my pie maker and wondering what I can do to make this work.... I've been dying to make my chicken pot pie, but was hoping anyone would know how many "servings" would make up each crust? (top and bottom). They say a serving would be about 25g.

Or if anyone has any weight watchers recipes that they've used in the pie maker, my waistline would love you even more!

Thanks sooo much!

Kat

:eek:Hi everyone! I'm trying to adjust some of my recipes to make them Weight Watchers friendly (I need to fit into a certain wedding dress by August!:eek:)

I've been looking at my pie maker and wondering what I can do to make this work.... I've been dying to make my chicken pot pie, but was hoping anyone would know how many "servings" would make up each crust? (top and bottom). They say a serving would be about 25g.

Or if anyone has any weight watchers recipes that they've used in the pie maker, my waistline would love you even more!

Thanks sooo much!

Kat

A member Timothy is using egg roll wrappers as crusts, this would be a good start, since they are very low fat, and each wrapper is only 57 calories (serving size is 3 @ 170 calories).

http://www.nasoya.com/products/asian-style-egg-rolls.html

A member Timothy is using egg roll wrappers as crusts, this would be a good start, since they are very low fat, and each wrapper is only 57 calories (serving size is 3 @ 170 calories).

Asian Style Egg Rolls

I would never think about trying egg roll wrappers, what a great idea. Would the be rolled out thinner?

Or has anyone tried crescent rolls as a crust? They're not as many points, but I'm afraid they might be too doughy.

I would never think about trying egg roll wrappers, what a great idea. Would the be rolled out thinner?

Or has anyone tried crescent rolls as a crust? They're not as many points, but I'm afraid they might be too doughy.

Just a suggestion. Head to your local library and take out the latest WW cookbook. Since their plans change from time to time, the latest should be based on the point system. Knowing what the egg roll wrappers are already, you can find plenty of fillings. Using the wrappers, you can make main meals, snacks and desserts according to WW. :chef:

I think that the egg roll wrappers would be a little thinner than the pre-made rolled out pie crust.

Egg roll wrappers/ Dumpling wrappers are an excellent replacement for the traditional crusts. It's cheaper to buy them, then to make them yourself. I've done it. Though they were good. It was labor intensive ( for me at the time ). All they were made from was flour, water, salt. If you want them to be a little more crisp brush on a little olive oil right after you place them in the pie maker.

I'd be willing to bet cresent rolls would bake up just fine and not doughy. People use filo dough. They're pretty light.

Flour tortillas can be used in the pie maker to.
Here's a link. MissionMenus.com :: Recipes and menus for the entire family

Maybe they have a product that will work with your point system.

Munky.

Egg roll wrappers/ Dumpling wrappers are an excellent replacement for the traditional crusts. It's cheaper to buy them, then to make them yourself. I've done it. Though they were good. It was labor intensive ( for me at the time ). All they were made from was flour, water, salt. If you want them to be a little more crisp brush on a little olive oil right after you place them in the pie maker.

I'd be willing to bet cresent rolls would bake up just fine and not doughy. People use filo dough. They're pretty light.

Flour tortillas can be used in the pie maker to.
Here's a link. MissionMenus.com :: Recipes and menus for the entire family

Maybe they have a product that will work with your point system.

Munky.

The egg roll wrappers did work perfectly for me. I just tried a 6" corn tortilla after warming/softening it in the MW. I filled the center with chili and it didn't work at all. The part the chili hit was melted into goo. What a mess I made.

I haven't tried the flour ones yet.

The egg roll wrappers did work perfectly for me. I just tried a 6" corn tortilla after warming/softening it in the MW. I filled the center with chili and it didn't work at all. The part the chili hit was melted into goo. What a mess I made.

I haven't tried the flour ones yet.

Who says Goo is a bad thing? :LOL:

I made apple pies tonight with puff pastry. They turned out really good-such a beautiful brown color on top! I'm still having a great time!

I have missed the last few days, but it seems as though you guys have been pretty busy. I keep going to the store buying more stuff to make pies with. SO far I have made mini quiches and chicken pot pies. Today I am going to make spinach pies and either strawberry or apple pie.

It is very addicting...

The egg roll method sounds interesting. I have a bunch of refrigerator pie and phyllo dough I bought, along with some homemade crust I made, but after that is depleted, I would like to try the egg rolls.

I haven't bought egg roll wrapers for a long time. When I was in the store the other day I couldn't find them. Could someone please let me know where to look?

I haven't bought egg roll wrapers for a long time. When I was in the store the other day I couldn't find them. Could someone please let me know where to look?

Here they are usually in the produce department, near the tofu and tofu products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom