Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. I will try produce. I don't know why I was thinking they were frozen. :)

Oh, and...I made Philly cheese steak pies tonight. I used buttered bread for the crust, but I know puff pastry would have been good too.

I have missed the last few days, but it seems as though you guys have been pretty busy. I keep going to the store buying more stuff to make pies with. SO far I have made mini quiches and chicken pot pies. Today I am going to make spinach pies and either strawberry or apple pie.

It is very addicting...

The egg roll method sounds interesting. I have a bunch of refrigerator pie and phyllo dough I bought, along with some homemade crust I made, but after that is depleted, I would like to try the egg rolls.

Toss some Feta cheese in with the spinach. Gives it a nice kick! :yum:

Morning all, does anyone remember what page the egg breakfast recipe was on? I want to write it down and hate to scan all the threads again.

Also seems like I missed a lot not being on here for a bit. I have been making fruit pies but last nite I was frustrated the tops wouldn't stay on them. I was using parchment paper on bottoms. So next batch no parchment paper and they turned out great and tops stayed on. I tend to over fill UGH but was yummy!

I have lots of ingredients now to make various kinds of pies and think that will keep me busy lol.

Yes, I had Feta and some other things with the spinach. I will post the recipe in a little while when I find it.

Morning all, does anyone remember what page the egg breakfast recipe was on? I want to write it down and hate to scan all the threads again.

Also seems like I missed a lot not being on here for a bit. I have been making fruit pies but last nite I was frustrated the tops wouldn't stay on them. I was using parchment paper on bottoms. So next batch no parchment paper and they turned out great and tops stayed on. I tend to over fill UGH but was yummy!

I have lots of ingredients now to make various kinds of pies and think that will keep me busy lol.

It's on page 34, #333. The Advanced Search on the top right of each page, searches only on DC and makes it easier to find things.

2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 large onion, minced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 oz chopped frozen spinach, room temp (water squeezed out)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsely
1 egg lightly beaten
2 Tbs ricotta cheese
3 Tbs crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
melted butter to brush phyllo top

Combine filling ingredients and blend by hand til incorporated.
Put phyllo dough bottoms and fill.
Lay phyllo tops on and brush with melted butter.
Cook 8-10 minutes. (I think it was closer to 10 for me)

These were so delicious I ate 3. Problem I had was with Phyllo dough. I only made 4 because I was having such a hard time (never used it before). Sheets were drying out, falling apart, etc. I put the rest of the filling back in the fridge to try again today. Does anyone have any tips on how to use phyllo dough so I can make more?

It's on page 34, #333. The Advanced Search on the top right of each page, searches only on DC and makes it easier to find things.

At 6 minutes and 30 seconds, the egg was a bit over-done for me. To make the egg yolk a bit more runny, I backed it down to 6 minutes even. It was better.

It works with the egg roll wrappers also. I picked up some corned beef hash (canned) to try in it as well. I'm doing that this morning and will post back the results.

Jos4Boys said:
Now this sounds like something my guys would love, can you tell how you did it?

Sure...
I cooked up some minute steaks and chopped up the meat, then I put cut up red and yellow bell peppers and red onion in the pan the meat was in and cooked until just tender. Next I cut out the circles for the top and bottom crusts out of sandwich bread and buttered the outside of each piece.
In each pie I piled in meat, peppers, onion, and mozzarella cheese. They cooked about seven minutes I think. You could use whatever you have on hand. I am sure you could use any bell peppers, and some would say you should use cheese wiz or some other kind of cheese, but like I said I used what I had in the house.

I think I should have gone with the Breville Pie Maker instead of the Cuisnart Meat Grinder...this first attempt at making sausage is exhausting...a little pie sounds so much easier.

I think I should have gone with the Breville Pie Maker instead of the Cuisnart Meat Grinder...this first attempt at making sausage is exhausting...a little pie sounds so much easier.

If you had started with a smaller pile'o'pork....:rolleyes:

I am still resisting purchsing a pie maker. But now that I have my Shark steam cleaner, it is getting harder and harder. I just know that if I could get to someone's home that has one, my resistance would completely melt.

:yum:

I am still resisting purchsing a pie maker. But now that I have my Shark steam cleaner, it is getting harder and harder. I just know that if I could get to someone's home that has one, my resistance would completely melt.

I am not sure I understand the connection between a pie maker and a Shark steam cleaner...I have that, but now pie maker...did I miss something?

I am not sure I understand the connection between a pie maker and a Shark steam cleaner...I have that, but now pie maker...did I miss something?

I couldn't afford to purchase both in the same month. But I find that I do have some extra money left for that pie maker. If Son #2 continues to stop by a couple of times a week, and gives me ten or twenty dollars from his tip money, I just may purchase that little pie maker yet. :ohmy: Did I just say that? There goes my resistance. Cone on Son #2! My son The Pirate. :chef:

I couldn't afford to purchase both in the same month. But I find that I do have some extra money left for that pie maker. If Son #2 continues to stop by a couple of times a week, and gives me ten or twenty dollars from his tip money, I just may purchase that little pie maker yet. :ohmy: Did I just say that? There goes my resistance. Cone on Son #2! My son The Pirate. :chef:
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:My birthday is coming up...I'm hitting up my parents for one!

Addie said:

Resistance is futile. :). You must have one.

Back
Top Bottom