Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear all that you have going on. You need to hit the lottery along with me too lol. You can get a Bella for not alot, think $40. hubby got mine Christmas time on sale at Kohl's. I want the Bella donut maker now too lol.

i found bella four pie maker at kitchen collections on line for 29.00. i may have to spring for one. ;)

babetoo said:
i found bella four pie maker at kitchen collections on line for 29.00. i may have to spring for one. ;)

Oh Babe! You might join us! That would be great. The more the Better! Start dreaming of those little pies!! Yum. ;)

Well, I found a two pie maker for $16.00. I can't see me eating four pies before one of them goes bad and ends up in the garbage disposal. It is not a Breville, but it got good reviews. And it doesn't come with the pie lifter but does have the crust cutters. I can order one from Breville. One woman complained that she had to chisel off any food spillage. When I see only one review that is not favorable I tend to wonder what that person did wrong. The other reviews stated that they had no trouble with cleanup. So it is off to BB&B for me. They may have the pie lifter also.

Does the plate come out for easy cleanup? Or do you have to clean the cups while it is in the machine? It doesn't make any difference. I still want one. :ermm:

Well, I found a two pie maker for $16.00. I can't see me eating four pies before one of them goes bad and ends up in the garbage disposal. It is not a Breville, but it got good reviews. And it doesn't come with the pie lifter but does have the crust cutters. I can order one from Breville. One woman complained that she had to chisel off any food spillage. When I see only one review that is not favorable I tend to wonder what that person did wrong. The other reviews stated that they had no trouble with cleanup. So it is off to BB&B for me. They may have the pie lifter also.

Does the plate come out for easy cleanup? Or do you have to clean the cups while it is in the machine? It doesn't make any difference. I still want one. :ermm:

Well alright Addie! Welcome to the minipie making family!

The pie molds have to be cleaned in the machine on the Breville pie maker.

It's no big deal. I use a paper towel damp with cooking oil to clean mine. Cleanup is easy.

Well alright Addie! Welcome to the minipie making family!

The pie molds have to be cleaned in the machine on the Breville pie maker.

It's no big deal. I use a paper towel damp with cooking oil to clean mine. Cleanup is easy.

Thank you. BB&B has the two pie maker for less than $18.00 so that is the one I will go for. :yum:

Question for you all, I want to make chicken pot pies, I have chicken gravy not broth, if I mix all my ingredients, chicken, veggies, gravy together first in bowl after cooked thru, will the gravy be too heavy? I would be using pie crust so a lil thicker or my crisco crust I make.

Jo,
Your pies look sooo tasty!:chef:
Catching up on what the Pie Cults been up to the last few days. It's been quite a lot. You guys are quick!

I had the same questions about the gravy ratio's per batch of Chicken pot pie's. Found a solution that would be " Guy Approved " Can they be Critics or what?

Went on a hunch while stocking up on pie supplies. Found these gravy mixes. At a Hostess Bakeshop of all places. I buy the Chicken and the Brown gravy by the cases. 1 package of mix makes 3 1/2 Cups. It's perfect for a batch of pies. Southeastern Mills Online Store

I use 4 large Chicken breasts, and veggies like you. It leaves plenty of room for you to have a little extra gravy in each pie. If anyone's into KFC's gravy, ( we are ) try the brown. It's an exact duplicate.

You can cheat like I did the other day. Tossed some chicken breasts into the crock. Pre mixed a pouch of gravy. Poured it over the top. Set it on low all night. All I had to do the next day was chop or shred the chicken. Prep the veggies, and get the doughs rolled out. Saved me a lot of time. Perfect pies every time. Life's good :LOL:

Munky.

Welcome to the Cult.. Babe To?... I never thought I'd see the day... On the other hand..I did to see it coming. :ROFLMAO:

Clean up is a snap. The coating is non stick. Mine gets cleaned only when it needs it. Let the pie maker cool down just a bit. Wipe it down with a wet paper towel.
Cleaning it while it's cold will scratch the surface.

See you in just a little while :angel:

Munky.

Morning all, making pies today, got now baking pepperoni, sausage with ricotta cheese, hubbys idea, he even helped load the pie crusts WOW huh. Will let ya know how they turn out, kinda like a calzone filling. I made 3 batches of home made crust so thinking I will be making lots of pies today and that is what they will eat for dinner & game time lol. I did manage to freeze 8 of my chicken pot pies with 4 in refrig for later on YEAH me lol. Be back later with update on my pies from today.

Thinking of the egg roll wrappers and crab rangoon filling...

Crab Rangoon
8oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz lump crab meat, picked over for shells
2 green onions, thin sliced with green tops
2 cloves garlic minced
sea salt to taste

mix all together and chill.

To make:
8 egg roll wrappers
one egg mixed with 2 tablespoons water

Brush all 4 edges of the wrapper with egg mixture, place 2 tablespoons Crab Rangoon mixture in center of wrapper, fold over corner-to-corner and seal. Place two Rangoons in each cup of the piemaker along with 2 teaspoons water to steam. Bake 6-10 minutes.

Serve with favorite Asian dipping sauce. No Deep Frying!

Now I'm thinking about pot stickers....

Thank you. BB&B has the two pie maker for less than $18.00 so that is the one I will go for. :yum:
Oh Yes. You also need this! I am so excited for you. I will be waiting for you to arrive!:angel:

OK update on my calzone filling pies, 1st batch I layered, ricotta cheese, sausage, pepperoni then cheese, 2nd batch I mixed the pepperoni, sausage and ricotta cheese together in bowl and put in bottom crusts. Get more of the cheese that way. They were yummy, guys said they were amazing Yeah me lol. When this mix done will mixed pepperoni with mozz cheese. The guys have food for game time later lol

img_1099230_0_da4c9ee3e198e11d97260cd0f3cf8469.jpg

img_1099230_1_ef376aa91ed2869358d912a78b62efc3.jpg

Thinking of the egg roll wrappers and crab rangoon filling...

Crab Rangoon
8oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz lump crab meat, picked over for shells
2 green onions, thin sliced with green tops
2 cloves garlic minced
sea salt to taste

mix all together and chill.

To make:
8 egg roll wrappers
one egg mixed with 2 tablespoons water

Brush all 4 edges of the wrapper with egg mixture, place 2 tablespoons Crab Rangoon mixture in center of wrapper, fold over corner-to-corner and seal. Place two Rangoons in each cup of the piemaker along with 2 teaspoons water to steam. Bake 6-10 minutes.

Serve with favorite Asian dipping sauce. No Deep Frying!

Now I'm thinking about pot stickers....

OMG this is a keeper recipe for me and I am definitely trying it. I love crab ragoon!! Thanks for sharing!

OK update on my calzone filling pies, 1st batch I layered, ricotta cheese, sausage, pepperoni then cheese, 2nd batch I mixed the pepperoni, sausage and ricotta cheese together in bowl and put in bottom crusts. Get more of the cheese that way. They were yummy, guys said they were amazing Yeah me lol. When this mix done will mixed pepperoni with mozz cheese. The guys have food for game time later lol
img_1099235_0_ef376aa91ed2869358d912a78b62efc3.jpg

Those look really, really good! Thanks for the update and recipe!

Those look really, really good! Thanks for the update and recipe!

Your welcome, I made 26 total of those pies, using 2 packages of mild sausage each was 16 oz, 1 package pepperoni 6 oz, and 1 container ricotta cheese that was 2 lb size. The crust was from my crisco recipe and I used same size for bottom and tops. Worked out great that way.

I am done baking for today, 26 calzone filling pies, 4 cherry, 4 peach, 6 chicken from left over chicken & dumplings last nite dinner and 2 pepperoni & mozz cheese with last 2 pie crusts. Whew I need to relax now lol. Have a good evening all !

Jos4Boys said:
I am done baking for today, 26 calzone filling pies, 4 cherry, 4 peach, 6 chicken from left over chicken & dumplings last nite dinner and 2 pepperoni & mozz cheese with last 2 pie crusts. Whew I need to relax now lol. Have a good evening all !

Oh my gosh you have been busy. I like the calzone idea and will be making that for sure. I think I will go ahead and use pizza crust for mine and see how they turn out. Are you freezing the calzones? The pepperoni and mozzarella cheese sounds good too! Thanks for the great ideas.

Oh my gosh you have been busy. I like the calzone idea and will be making that for sure. I think I will go ahead and use pizza crust for mine and see how they turn out. Are you freezing the calzones? The pepperoni and mozzarella cheese sounds good too! Thanks for the great ideas.

I have what was not eaten of the calzones in bags is frig but will freeze some today too. Got 12 chicken pot pies in freezer. So my stash getting there lol. When you do the pizza crust let me know how it turns out, sounds good. Also another good one is put mozz cheese in bottom crust, then pepperoni and then more mozz cheese on top then top crust. Hubby loves that way too.

Jos4Boys said:
I have what was not eaten of the calzones in bags is frig but will freeze some today too. Got 12 chicken pot pies in freezer. So my stash getting there lol. When you do the pizza crust let me know how it turns out, sounds good. Also another good one is put mozz cheese in bottom crust, then pepperoni and then more mozz cheese on top then top crust. Hubby loves that way too.

Does Hubby dip those in sauce when he eats them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom