Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jos4Boys said:
No hubby or kids didn't dip but that sounds good. I have made it with sauce mixed in with the ingredients too.

Might have to try threes this weekend. I will provide dipping sauce.

Sitting here waiting for Munky's tips on how to make my cheese burgers in the pie maker. Sounds delish!

Oh My!! I was thinking of trying to get an hour or two of sleep. Then I checked the UPS site. My pie maker is on the truck and out for delivery today. Tears have come to my eyes. It is at the sorting site in the town where Son#2 lives. I wonder if I call him and wake him from a sound sleep, will he go and get it for me? Would that be a safe move for me? Or do I have to wait for the brown truck ? Now I am so excited, I can't sleep. :yum::yum:

Oh My!! I was thinking of trying to get an hour or two of sleep. Then I checked the UPS site. My pie maker is on the truck and out for delivery today. Tears have come to my eyes. It is at the sorting site in the town where Son#2 lives. I wonder if I call him and wake him from a sound sleep, will he go and get it for me? Would that be a safe move for me? Or do I have to wait for the brown truck ? Now I am so excited, I can't sleep. :yum::yum:

LOL your post made me giggle from your excitement to get your pie maker. I was on phone with my mom yesterday telling her all the things I am going to make her when I get to NJ this summer. I am bringing my pie maker with me! She said you make the mess, bake and clean up and I eat, we are all fine LOL. Good luck getting your pie maker, hope truck is not too long to get to your place!

Tonight we are having tacos, I will have seasoned meat left over for sure and I got extra taco soft shells, so tomorrow I will be making taco pies. Hope they come out good. I froze my calzone ones but the guys got into them last nite. Wow take from freezer, M/W about 45 seconds and they were ready to eat they said. Don't think my stock in freezer will last too long at this rate lol.

Tonight we are having tacos, I will have seasoned meat left over for sure and I got extra taco soft shells, so tomorrow I will be making taco pies. Hope they come out good. I froze my calzone ones but the guys got into them last nite. Wow take from freezer, M/W about 45 seconds and they were ready to eat they said. Don't think my stock in freezer will last too long at this rate lol.

Don't try corn tortillas in the pie cooker. I tried it and they just tear when you try to push them into the pie maker.

I even tried flour tortillas and they tore also.

I think it's your Motherly duty to call him up, roust him out of bed. Hold up the rules. Point out #2.. If Mamma isn't happy ain't nobody gonna be happy! :ROFLMAO:

Here I sit wondering why my kids are in therapy.. J/K!!!!

Munky.

Sitting here waiting for Munky's tips on how to make my cheese burgers in the pie maker. Sounds delish!

Sorry for the delay. I get busy with things on the home front.

I just took a Lb of Ground Sirloin. Rolled them into 8 meatballs. Mooshed them in a burger press until they were just 4"'s wide. Think slider patties.

Cooked them 3 minutes each side.
For the buns I just tried out Texas Toast bread. Cut out.
Pre heat the pie maker.

Brush some butter onto the bun. Placed it in, butter side down into the unit. Add the patties and cheese. Top it with the the other bun. I think I just cooked it for about 10 minutes. The Texas toast was hard to use in the pie maker. It didn't want to fully close and lock. You can achieve a better result with a thinner cut of bread.

Maybe next time I'll try a regular hamburger bun and see if the results would be better. Instead of plain ol' butter, I'll add Parmesan cheese to it.

Munky.

Sorry for the delay. I get busy with things on the home front.

I just took a Lb of Ground Sirloin. Rolled them into 8 meatballs. Mooshed them in a burger press until they were just 4"'s wide. Think slider patties.

Cooked them 3 minutes each side.
For the buns I just tried out Texas Toast bread. Cut out.
Pre heat the pie maker.

Brush some butter onto the bun. Placed it in, butter side down into the unit. Add the patties and cheese. Top it with the the other bun. I think I just cooked it for about 10 minutes. The Texas toast was hard to use in the pie maker. It didn't want to fully close and lock. You can achieve a better result with a thinner cut of bread.

Maybe next time I'll try a regular hamburger bun and see if the results would be better. Instead of plain ol' butter, I'll add Parmesan cheese to it.

Munky.

How cool is that? I'll be trying that, very soon!

Thanks Munky!

I use "Arnold's" 12 grain bread in mine. It's large enough to just barely contain the large cutter for the bottom and the top cutter works easily.

How cool is that? I'll be trying that, very soon!

Thanks Munky!

I use "Arnold's" 12 grain bread in mine. It's large enough to just barely contain the large cutter for the bottom and the top cutter works easily.

Your right about the cutters. Do they seal up nice looking or what? :yum:

On a side note * cooking times for the burgers, before they are used in the pie maker doesn't have to be 3 minutes. Keep in mind that they will cook a little more when they are in the pie maker*

So what's going on with your corn/ flour tortillas?
I'm curious about why they worked out ok here, but not for you?

For my sake I hope the burger idea works out better for you. :D

Munky.

LOL your post made me giggle from your excitement to get your pie maker. I was on phone with my mom yesterday telling her all the things I am going to make her when I get to NJ this summer. I am bringing my pie maker with me! She said you make the mess, bake and clean up and I eat, we are all fine LOL. Good luck getting your pie maker, hope truck is not too long to get to your place!

The mother ship has arrived. It just arrive at 4:55. I was sound asleep. They rang the bell and scared the daylights out of me. It is so pretty. I got the two pie maker. I love it. It is yellow and blue and will fit right on my counter top. I won't even have to put it away. I am off to skip to my kitchen. I already have the indredients out to make mac and cheese, Italian style. :yum::yum:

So what's going on with your corn/ flour tortillas?
I'm curious about why they worked out ok here, but not for you?

For my sake I hope the burger idea works out better for you. :D

Munky.

Yes, the pies I make with the 12 grain bread seal very nicely and brown into a delicious crispy pie top.

I Microwaved my corn tortillas until they were soft. They, when I tried to push them into the pie mold with the former, they tore. Do you have a trick that makes them form more easily into the molds? With no tearing?

Thanks for the cheese burger ideas and instructions Munky. I will be making those soon!

Addie, I am so happy for you. Have fun! Don't forget to give u's all of your great experiment results.

The mother ship has arrived. It just arrive at 4:55. I was sound asleep. They rang the bell and scared the daylights out of me. It is so pretty. I got the two pie maker. I love it. It is yellow and blue and will fit right on my counter top. I won't even have to put it away. I am off to skip to my kitchen. I already have the indredients out to make mac and cheese, Italian style. :yum::yum:
How do I communicate with the MS so that she arrives in Northern MN with my pie maker while I'm there? I have my purple crocs with me here in the States--do I have to make a 3-cornered hat out of foil, stand in an open field, and click my heels together wearing my purple crocs? Is there a secret password? Other than the foil, do I need anything else that is purple and shiny?

Last edited:
How do I communicate with the MS so that she arrives in Northern MN with my pie maker while I'm there? I have my purple crocs with me here in the States--do I have to make a 3-cornered hat out of foil, stand in an open field, and click my heels together wearing my purple crocs? Is there a secret password? Other than the foil, do I need anything else that is purple and shiny?

I spoke to the head of the MS and told him of your dilemma. He is spreading the word throughout Minn. for you to get your Mini Pie Maker for your birthday. If you notice folks there complaining about a buzzing sound in their head, you will know that they got the message. :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom