Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally got my pie maker! Tonight, we invited friends by to try it out. The menu was a chicken pie with a Thai peanut sauce and a Tuna Pot Pie. For dessert, we made cherry chocolate pies. (Basically, we tossed a square of Ghirardelli chocolate into each pie before closing it up.) I used a pre-rolled pie crust, but I can honestly say that I am stunned how easy this was....and delicious! It was extremely filling too.

Here are the pictures!

Kathleen, Frank,

Your post and pics made my day! They look fabulous Dahlings. Generous of you both to share them with friends. I'm not so nice with sharing MY pot pies.. I never get one. It's every man for themselves around here now.

**Message from the Mother ship**

Did you guys know people are willing to barter for pot pies? It's true.
I just had my kitchen/ bath's over head lighting fixtures fixed, replaced. Other repairs that needed done as well, that would have cost me quite a bit of money for to hire a professional to do. All that and then some for the sweet low price of a pie. :LOL:
It was a honey of a deal.

Munky

Kathleen, Frank,

Your post and pics made my day! They look fabulous Dahlings. Generous of you both to share them with friends. I'm not so nice with sharing MY pot pies.. I never get one. It's every man for themselves around here now.

I just had my kitchen/ bath's over head lighting fixtures fixed, replaced. Other repairs that needed done as well, that would have cost me quite a bit of money for to hire a professional to do. All that and then some for the sweet low price of a pie. :LOL:

Munky

Tis only fair to share since they brought fixings with them... :mrgreen:

I finally got my pie maker! Tonight, we invited friends by to try it out. The menu was a chicken pie with a Thai peanut sauce and a Tuna Pot Pie. For dessert, we made cherry chocolate pies. (Basically, we tossed a square of Ghirardelli chocolate into each pie before closing it up.) I used a pre-rolled pie crust, but I can honestly say that I am stunned how easy this was....and delicious! It was extremely filling too.

Here are the pictures!
Those look absolutely incredible. I want one, it would make dinner so easy - Marty and I both love pot pies! (It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - da, dee dah dee dah ...:santa:)

Would you believe I have had my pie maker since January and yet to use it? It is this stupid eating problem. I am hoping that when they clean out the stomach artery next week that it will help. Right now I eat two mouthfuls of food and start to feel uncomfortable. They think that may be part of the problem. I had a cup of coffee when I went to Winthrop this morning. I also had one piece of whole wheat toast. I left the crust and felt so full. It has to be some kind of blockage. The artery that they are going to ream is 90% blocked. They will be putting in a stent. I hope it helps. I wish I was going in tomorrow.

I have two large bags of wild blueberries from Maine that my grandaughter picked for me. I want to make some pies with them. I have the crust and puff pastry. So I am all set to go. Maybe after next week. I keep reading this thread in hopes it will make me want to get up and make them. This eating problem is beginning to get me depressed. I have no desire to cook anything. :ermm:

Last edited:
Those look absolutely incredible. I want one, it would make dinner so easy - Marty and I both love pot pies! (It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - da, dee dah dee dah ...:santa:)

It is so fun to use. We used up the leftovers tonight in mini-pies for supper. They are so cute and it is easy to use, and clean up is a snap.

Would you believe I have had my pie maker since January and yet to use it? It is this stupid eating problem. I am hoping that when they clean out the stomach artery next week that it will help. Right now I eat two mouthfuls of food and start to feel uncomfortable. They think that may be part of the problem. I had a cup of coffee when I went to Winthrop this morning. I also had one piece of whole wheat toast. I left the crust and felt so full. It has to be some kind of blockage. The artery that they are going to ream is 90% blocked. They will be putting in a stent. I hope it helps. I wish I was going in tomorrow.

I have two large bags of wild blueberries from Maine that my grandaughter picked for me. I want to make some pies with them. I have the crust and puff pastry. So I am all set to go. Maybe after next week. I keep reading this thread in hopes it will make me want to get up and make them. This eating problem is beginning to get me depressed. I have no desire to cook anything. :ermm:

Addie, I'm so sorry to hear of your tummy issues. Which day will you have your procedure done? I'll keep you in good thoughts.

Kathleen, Frank,

Munky

Thank you, thank you!

And I need the name of that contractor!!!! It's almost sinful what I have been tempted to offer for home improvements. :glare:

Kathleen said:

Here are the pictures!

I want cherry chocolate pie!!! Your pies look great!!!

Addie said:

Oh I hope you can have all of the problems behind you and can make your pies soon! Blueberry pies are the best!!!

Linda,
What a wonderful Christmas it will be!!! You can start the day with pies for breakfast and keep going from there.

First Attempt and it’s a Goodie.

I can’t believe I have had my Breville Pie Maker 8 days already. Today I made Fresh Peach Pies. The recipe is posted over in the Sweet Mini Pies thread.

In the interim, I read or re-read the discussions in the 3 on-going threads. Book marked several recipes. Copied down some baking times.

Bought some Peaches. And vanilla ice cream, which I accidentally opened after dark one night with just the frig light on, to make sure it was secure. It’s not. The frig is way too close to the silverware /spoons drawer.

Now is one of those times I wish I had a camera so I could truly share this as a celebration. I guess I will be satisfied just to say the Pies turned out perfect. One got a little brown on the crimp edge, one didn’t seal quite properly, but there was no leakage onto the pie maker, just a little runner of hot juice along a top crust edge. Not too bad. Any pie I have ever made, I cut slits in the tops, for steam escape or juices to bubble up. Every pic I see doesn’t do this, and they still came out looking good.

I baked them 10 minutes and the green light went out at about the 9 minute mark. The Breville Pokey Stick does its job. The pies pass the taste test.

For dinner tonight I made CWS's Swedish Beef Stew Pot Pies. I measured out about a cup and a half of the stew, warmed it a little in the microwave, and then measured it out by 1/3 cup fulls with a slotted spoon, so not as much gravy/ sauce was added into the pies. Came out terrific. The stew made a lot, and these little cups don't hold as much as I thought. I ate 1 and part of another one. Still good. Will make some more, then I think I will freeze the remainder of the stew and a few pies too.

Cerise,

Hope it works out well for you. It will I'm sure now that the pie maker has a celebrity endorsement behind it sales will be looking good. He's going to make us Brevillains look even better. We should be proud.

For those that have been looking for a 2 pie maker you got one now. No more excuses. :LOL:

I did notice a few things that made me a little uncomfortable watching that video & actually knowing the pie maker as well as I do. Maybe because of the time constraints. Or dare I say it..? Might as well, I have nothing else to do right now. So I'll say what your all thinking. " Munky's a Pie Punk! LOL!!!!

They certainly had to work that dough into the sections didn't they? Anyone else notice how the cut bottom pieces were too large? I didn't see the pusher. Hope it is part of the accessories. With the depth of that unit it's going to be a problem. I wouldn't want to be pushing dough in like that while it's hot. He was using his bare hands. The way it was moving around on the counter the lid could drop down and burn you while your loading it up.

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom