Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cerise,

Hope it works out well for you. It will I'm sure now that the pie maker has a celebrity endorsement behind it sales will be looking good. He's going to make us Brevillains look even better. We should be proud.

For those that have been looking for a 2 pie maker you got one now. No more excuses. :LOL:

I did notice a few things that made me a little uncomfortable watching that video & actually knowing the pie maker as well as I do. Maybe because of the time constraints. Or dare I say it..? Might as well, I have nothing else to do right now. So I'll say what your all thinking. " Munky's a Pie Punk! LOL!!!!

They certainly had to work that dough into the sections didn't they? Anyone else notice how the cut bottom pieces were too large? I didn't see the pusher. Hope it is part of the accessories. With the depth of that unit it's going to be a problem. I wouldn't want to be pushing dough in like that while it's hot. He was using his bare hands. The way it was moving around on the counter the lid could drop down and burn you while your loading it up.

Munky.

I couldn't fiind the video of the show that aired yesterday; but posted it to give you more ideas (no matter the brand).

They were using it to make other dishes that didn't include dough. (That was part of the "draw" for me.) A lady called in asking if she could put hashbrowns on the bottom & top it with beaten eggs.

I left some ideas & links in the thread re Sweet Ideas. (Liked the cupcake etc ideas.)

The accesssories that came with also included little presses(?) in different shapes to cut out leaves, hearts ets. from the dough, & place them on top of the pie.

Enjoy.

Hope you found something that "grabs" you.

P.S. Cancelled the order, as I saw it elsewhere for about $20. One could buy 3 lol.

Last edited:
For dinner tonight I made CWS's Swedish Beef Stew Pot Pies. I measured out about a cup and a half of the stew, warmed it a little in the microwave, and then measured it out by 1/3 cup fulls with a slotted spoon, so not as much gravy/ sauce was added into the pies. Came out terrific. The stew made a lot, and these little cups don't hold as much as I thought. I ate 1 and part of another one. Still good. Will make some more, then I think I will freeze the remainder of the stew and a few pies too.
The stew freezes well. What kind of pastry did you use? I knew you were going to make mini-pies from the leftovers!:yum:

Lol Lol. You nailed that thought CWS. Making stew for pot pies was the idea from the get-go. I might have said this already. We went to Costco earlier, and my intention was to pick up some organic chix parts. But stew meat was on sale, so I bought that, which changed cooking plans. The goal Always included making pot pies from whatever I made. I made 8 beef stew pot pies, had bowls of stew 2-3 times and still froze quite a bit of the stew today. ( I added quite a few veggies) I am not "stewed out", but I do like a little variety. BTW, the stew tastes better on the 2nd day.

Notice, I did Not say I froze any Peach Pies. :ohmy:

I used Betty Crocker cookbook recipe with shortening (crisco). Didn't have any lard. I have not had success with a butter crust before. ALthough I think I read somewhere to freeze butter and use a box grater to get smaller pieces to incorporate in the dough.

My overall impression of the Breville pie maker is the depth of the cups is a little miserly when it come to serving something as a main dish. However, my waistline indicates this is probably a good thing. I think I also over-cooked the peach pies a little as the crusts were harder when the pies were cold. Used the same pastry recipe for the beef stew pot pies, and they were just fine. I microwaved warm ups, Not sure if I like that part or not yet.

Did someone say you can just drop a pie back in the pie maker and warm it up?? If so, How does that work to get the filling hot and not over cook the crust??

I think that would work better if you made the pies in cupcake papers, heated them up in the microwave and then finished off in the piemaker. I'd have to play with that. We usually just rewarm them in the microwave.

I ordered the Wolfgang Puck Pie maker, it came in today
I love it because I wanted a two pie maker. I made a chocolate
cake mix muffins they are excelent. Will tackle pies tomorrow.
Can I join your cult since I have the WolfGang Puck one instead
of the Breville. Please!!!!!!!!!!

Josie

I ordered the Wolfgang Puck Pie maker, it came in today
I love it because I wanted a two pie maker. I made a chocolate
cake mix muffins they are excelent. Will tackle pies tomorrow.
Can I join your cult since I have the WolfGang Puck one instead
of the Breville. Please!!!!!!!!!!

Josie
Join the club Josie. We'd be proud to have you.
kades

So very glad to have you aboard Josie. The brand doesn't make a difference, as long as you can come up with great ideas for us all to try!!! ;)

Did someone say you can just drop a pie back in the pie maker and warm it up?? If so, How does that work to get the filling hot and not over cook the crust??

I raise my mouse.
They can be reheated in the pie maker. The pies just can't be put in while frozen. Take it from the freezer. Defrost in the fridge. When it's fully defrosted then it can be put in and reheated a few minutes. Parchment paper helps to keep the crust from over browning.

Have fun!

Munky.

"This is KRAaZy"

I started reading this thread at around 10am. I got to page 22. Shut down the computer. Drove 25 miles to WS in Valencia, CA. Bought the gosh-darned pie machine thingy (plus the pie lifter). Read the manual cover 2 cover. Seasoned the machine with vege oyL. Sat down exhausted. Got called away.... BoooHooHoooo.... :( Tomorrow will try the chik'n-a-potta-pie recipe. Thanx loads everybody. I am going mad. I think. Still reading the threads. Can't wait!!!!!!! (by the way WS had the maker for $79) :yum:

Yea, another one! When you start experimenting, be sure to post the results for us!

This is wonderful, so many of us have joined in to make these wonderful pies. I plan to try some cherry pies for tonight. It wil be my first sweets here so wish me well.
kades

kadesma said:
This is wonderful, so many of us have joined in to make these wonderful pies. I plan to try some cherry pies for tonight. It wil be my first sweets here so wish me well.
kades

I wish you well, and I wish I could join you for some little cherry pies. Maybe I will. All I have to do is make some here. It's a date! I had better get busy!

I wish you well, and I wish I could join you for some little cherry pies. Maybe I will. All I have to do is make some here. It's a date! I had better get busy!
Me too Chopper, thanks for the best wishes. Some on the way to you. EMMMMM cherry pies
kades (ma)

Last edited:
Chef, welcome to the pie makers club :chef:

It is "The Purple Pie Makers Club." Sent to us by the Purple Mother Ship. And you must be wearing a purple apron and purple cooking slippers.

You all think I have gone mad, don't you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :angel:

It is "The Purple Pie Makers Club." Sent to us by the Purple Mother Ship. And you must be wearing a purple apron and purple cooking slippers.

You all think I have gone mad, don't you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :angel:
MADDDDDD why no WAHAAAAA
kades:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom