Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Piemaker was taken over by Shrek...I wonder if it's because he never had an Easy-Bake oven. Keeps him busy!

Oh you poor thing. Shrek must have been busy playing with his Evel Knievel stunt cycle set. Those were fun!

Calvin's Canadian Cave of Coolness: Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle

My husband teases me over mine. Humms a Hollies tune. "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress.." She's got her Pie makerrr.. Working for the Brevellians... Long Cool Woman had it alll. :ohmy:

What can I say? Blame it on the age gap... :LOL:

Canned Pie Fillings

Did someone on here say that the canned pie fillings (Duncan Hines, Comstock) contained too much liquid? Should I drain some liquid or should I maybe heat and add some cornstarch? I don't remember where the post is.Thanks.

Did someone on here say that the canned pie fillings (Duncan Hines, Comstock) contained too much liquid? Should I drain some liquid or should I maybe heat and add some cornstarch? I don't remember where the post is.Thanks.

Could have been me. I tried the Comstock un drained. The recommended amounts 1/3 C was too much liquid for each pie. They leaked out & all over.

You don't have to go through the hassle of actually taking the juice filling out using a colander. Fill the dough with just cherries. Then enough juice about 2 teaspoons to cover the fruit. You don't need to heat the filling first.
Top if you want and bake.

Having fun yet? What kind of pie are you making?

Thanks Chef Munky. I am having lots of fun. Not baking any fruit pies yet but I did buy a can of blueberry and a can of cherry pie filling (comstock) at the market today just in case I get another wild-hair in the middle of the night. Thinking of baking the small remainder of your crust recipe (which I saved in the fridge) The crust was the best part of my dinner last night. Maybe I'll just roll the dough into sticks, bake & dip into the cans of fruit hahaha

PrincessFiona60 said:
My Piemaker was taken over by Shrek...I wonder if it's because he never had an Easy-Bake oven. Keeps him busy!

I SO wanted an easy bake oven when I was a kid. Instead, I got the little pans and little mixes and used the big oven. I started baking and cooking in regular sized pans when I was about eight years old.

My Easy-Bake oven didn't last long...I wanted to cook and bake for real. Mom was happy to pass the duty on, she hates to cook.

They look fabulous!

"hahaha Munky"
I got a second wind and decided to try out the pie maker tonight for the first time. I used Munky's Butter Puff recipe for the crust, top & bottom. I made the top crust a bit thicker than the bottom. For the RISE to the top. Which it did.
I could never have done this so perfectly the first time without reading ALL of your threads beforehand. I made the filling using left-over rotisserie chicken and ripe mango. First I made a roux in a skililet with flour and butter until lightly browned. I added 1 cup cooked chicken cut into cubes. 1/2 cup frozen mixed veges. One whole clove garlic, chopped. 1 Tblsp. fresh ginger, chopped. 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cooked and whisked until slightly thickened. I added 1/2 cup ripe mango, cut into 1/2" pieces right at the end and turned off the heat. I did exactly as you all prescribed, using the cut parchment paper on the edges of the crust. That really helped. The crust would have burned otherwise. The pies came out perfectly the very first time! I can't wait to try some other recipes in this thing! Thank you all. Wish you all well. I love DC and all it's members. So glad I found you!!!!!!!! :yum:

What spell is it that the mini pies possess? I am not a fan of specialty appliances at all.

I was into target picking up some Mucinex for my SO, and as usual I took a walk through the kitchen section. Guess what they had on clearance? The Sunbeam mini pie maker(4 slot) for $8.98!!!! At that price I thought that it would be fun to try.

Maybe I'll make some tomorrow...

What spell is it that the mini pies possess? I am not a fan of specialty appliances at all.

I was into target picking up some Mucinex for my SO, and as usual I took a walk through the kitchen section. Guess what they had on clearance? The Sunbeam mini pie maker(4 slot) for $8.98!!!! At that price I thought that it would be fun to try.

It is the color purple and the fact that it is a cult! :angel:

I would have picked it up, too! I wonder if our Target has any for that price...I still have Christmas presents to buy.

I would have picked it up, too! I wonder if our Target has any for that price...I still have Christmas presents to buy.

It wouldn't hurt to look. I think that they are clearing out some things to make room for this holiday's stock. These and the cupcake and cake pop makers were popular last year, who knows what it will be this year!

$8.98 was just too crazy to pass up!

Ahhhh, We got you to! BOOO!

You'll see soon enough... Btw what size do you wear? Working on your outfit. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

bakechef said:

We got cha!!! I'm so happy for you and all of us.

I've been playing with the pie machine today, and I'll be darned it IS a fun little gadget!

First I made apple pies

IMAG0301.jpg

And I had my doubts that pecan pie would cook in 10-11 minutes, but I was successful!

IMAG0302.jpg

With the apple pie, I made a filling by cooking the apples in a bit of butter, added sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch, cooked that until thick. Then a lightbulb went on and I remembered that I had some dolce de leche so I mixed that in too, the filling was great! I used homemade pie crust and it came out beautifully flaky.

For the pecan, I was just curious to see if it would work so I ran to the store and got some pillsbury pre-made crusts. I used the recipe on the Karo bottle. This made 11 mini pies. Each crust made 4 pies, and I gathered the scraps and rolled out 3 more. I may have gotten another crust if I had tried, there would have been enough filling for 1 more.

I liked the homemade crust best, it didn't brown as quickly and tastes a lot better, but the pre-made was easy to work with and quick.

Had to take pictures with my phone because all of my batteries are dead for my good camera.

Last edited:
Bakechef,
glad you've become a member of the Ppe gang;) This toy is addictive. My DH can whip up savory pies in a heartbeat and he doesn't even know how to boil water:LOL: Again WELCOME
kades

Well HEYYYY, HEYYYY, Bake Chef!

Awesome looking pies. Great job!

Your suits ready for pick up by 5pm Pacific time. After hours late fees can and will apply! Willing to settle for a Pecan pie. :LOL:
Welcome aboard!

Out and over... No wait! It's over and out :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Beautiful Pies! Nice to know our tips and tricks are helping folks out with their first pies. Shrek is doing crab rangoons in the piemaker tomorrow, not fried, but steamed so he can eat them, too!

Back
Top Bottom