Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
4 inch wide parchment, folded over to 2 inches for strength. Cross two of them across the bottom. Leave at least two inches above on each so it's easy to pick up.

I remembered this trick from baking a character cake that had to be picked up and placed on a different surface. We had decorated it on the counter:LOL::ROFLMAO: Oops!

Thanks again. I really do like the way you think!

Saw this the other day @ Rite-Aid of all places. Seriously couldn't believe it.
But hey, for us that are true Die Hard Mini pie makers this was a funny find. If you just have to have one were really all set now.
My husband made the comment "Look! You Brevillians are now all over the place!" :ROFLMAO:
lg833432.jpg

hey, I tripped over that same item in k-mart last week while I was looking for an electric skillet. Never seen them before, now they seem to be everywhere. :yum:

I got the pie lifter. It was only 15 dollars and works VERY well. I'm klutzy, so it was worth it. ;)

KOooL, I bought one too. $12 from William Sonoma. Works Great. Works best if you let the pie KOooL OfF for a few minutes before removing.
Someone could make a fortune if they could manufacture some small pie edge rings for the outer crust browning problems. :)

The problem with the silicone bake ware is that they bend when you go to take them out of the oven. Too dangerous for me to handle. :angel:

Yes they do bend. Floppy little things. Too much for my tastes.
Depending on the filling and what you want the pie's outcome to be, just moving it can ruin the whole effect.
They are easy to clean though.

If you place them on a sturdy cookie sheet you shouldn't have any problems.
Do that before you bake them. That way you avoid the risk of the filling spilling out and burning you.

I really don't care for the silicone bakeware. I purchased a silicone mini muffin and it's now in my goodwill pile. It even has a metal supporting frame but I still don't care for it.

I really don't care for the silicone bakeware. I purchased a silicone mini muffin and it's now in my goodwill pile. It even has a metal supporting frame but I still don't care for it.
I use my silicone muffin thingee (for small, but not mini muffins) to freeze stock. The chunks pop out really easily, since the silicone is so flexible. Then I put the chunks in an empty, plastic, 1.8 litre (~2quart) Hellman's jar and put it back in the freezer. The plastic jar doesn't feel nearly as cold as glass.

I haven't been able to find any of those muffin bakers for a while. I was actually thinking of ordering the mini pie maker to use for freezing stuff. :rolleyes:

I use my silicone muffin thingee (for small, but not mini muffins) to freeze stock. The chunks pop out really easily, since the silicone is so flexible. Then I put the chunks in an empty, plastic, 1.8 litre (~2quart) Hellman's jar and put it back in the freezer. The plastic jar doesn't feel nearly as cold as glass.

I haven't been able to find any of those muffin bakers for a while. I was actually thinking of ordering the mini pie maker to use for freezing stuff. :rolleyes:

Now that sounds like a winning idea. At least they have a good use in that way. Good thinking. But you have to have a clear bottom in the freezer to set them down. My freezer is a disaster area. No matter how many times I straighten it out, the first times I take something out, it is always at the back. Grrrr. :angel:

I've gotta make some stuff to donate to a bake sale, I'm going to make some mini pies!

My partner said, "you're going to make homemade crust right?" "The pillsbury stuff that you used just can't compare!" I used the pillsbury as a quick trial run of pecan pies. I made homemade crust for the apple pies.

He's a crust fan, and I think that I have turned him into a pie crust snob! There was a day when he wouldn't have known the difference, I don't think that anyone ever made him homemade crust.

Depending on the filling and what you want the pie's outcome to be, just moving it can ruin the whole effect.

Do that before you bake them. That way you avoid the risk of the filling spilling out and burning you.

Cheers Munky for all the info :)

Munky, I didn't find mine easy to clean. I did spray it with non-stick so maybe that's why. The stuff gets gunky on there and is nearly impossible to get off.

Munky, I didn't find mine easy to clean. I did spray it with non-stick so maybe that's why. The stuff gets gunky on there and is nearly impossible to get off.

Oh, did I forget to tell you why?

I don't do the dishes. If I see something that's not cleaned right. I send it back.

They got the idea REAL quick :ROFLMAO:

Now that sounds like a winning idea. At least they have a good use in that way. Good thinking. But you have to have a clear bottom in the freezer to set them down. My freezer is a disaster area. No matter how many times I straighten it out, the first times I take something out, it is always at the back. Grrrr. :angel:
Clear area in the freezer? :LOL:

I put it on a small cookie sheet and find a place where I can balance it and it's level.

Back
Top Bottom