Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breville Pie Recipes???

Chef Munkey... any chance you want to share some of your tested recipes??? I just received my new Breville pie maker yesterday and I am already in love. I tried the pecan pie from the included recipes and was pleasantly surprised.

Chef Munkey... any chance you want to share some of your tested recipes??? I just received my new Breville pie maker yesterday and I am already in love. I tried the pecan pie from the included recipes and was pleasantly surprised.

Hiya,

The dough recipes I use are posted in this section already.
Have no idea what page though. I've adapted a few recipes from the BBC link that were pretty good. Haven't had the chance to work with the Filo doughs yet. I'd love to try some Greek recipes in this.

The pics posted are just basic recipes that the kids wanted me to make. I have yet to make something that they don't like in that pie maker.. It's been taken away again.. It's a trouble maker..

Pie filling have to be at room temp before you fill the pie maker. The pies will cook unevenly if you use warm fillings.

Chili Pot Pies

Using a home made chili recipe or canned. Either will work for these.
Shredded cheddar cheese.

Preheat the pie maker
Add the base dough.Press into shape.
Add a 1/3 Cup of Chile.
Top that with the cheddar cheese.
Add the top crust. Brush with meted butter
Cook for 20-25 minutes.

Chicken Pot Pie ( Close to Marie Callendar's )

3 Chicken breasts
3 Russet Potatoes- Diced, and steamed
Small bag of mixed peas and carrots
1/4 of a bag of Pearl Onions
1/4 Cup flour
4 Tablespoons butter
1 Teaspoon Tarragon
2 Teaspoons Knoxx chicken bouillon
1 1/2 Teaspoons of onion powder
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh ground black pepper
3 Cups whole milk
Melted butter

Simmer the chicken breasts until done. Shred or chop when cooled. Set aside.
Steam the potatoes and all the veggies until they are done. Set aside.

In a large stockpot. Melt the butter, add flour and tarragon and whisk until smooth.Cook on medium heat.
Gradually add the milk until the sauce just starts to thicken.
Add the chicken, seasonings. Mix well. Add potatoes, veggies.
Simmer 20 minutes. Thicken or thin the sauce to taste

Preheat the Pie maker 20 minutes.
Roll the base dough to 1/8" cut with the top base cutter. Roll the top butter crust to an 1/8" cut with the top cutter.

Add the base crust to the maker.Press and shape. Add 1/3 Cup of the filling.
Top it with the butter crust. Brush on the melted butter.
Close the lid. Cook 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove the pies and let them slightly cool on a wired rack.

Left Over Beef Pot Pies.

Roast beef shredded, then added to the gravy
2 Russet potatoes, steamed. Bag of mixed peas and carrots.

Heat the roast and gravy. fold in the cooked veggies. Let it cool.

Preheat the pie maker
Add the base dough.Press into shape.
Add a 1/3 Cup of the roast beef filler
Add the top crust. Brush with meted butter
Cook for 20-25 minutes.Cool on a wired rack.

Enjoy!
Munky.

SHIP TO NAME AND ADDRESS
Shrek and PrincessFiona60
(To protect your privacy, the street address has been omitted.)
Missoula, MT 59801

ITEM DESCRIPTION STATUS

Breville Pie Maker
Item # 54-3016441
Available to ship on 4/28/11

Finally!!!!!
They are back in stock at Williams-Sonoma. Ours will be on the way!:chef:

Princess,

I'm soooo happy it's finally being sent.:chef: I had forgotten about this post. It's time to update with my new recipes.

Last time I was on the W/S site they had mentioned that they were no longer going to continue selling that pie maker. Yow!!! read a few comments. People were not happy. Why discontinue if it's in demand like that? Not smart. I spent $80.00 for mine. Now they are $99.00 Holy cow :ohmy: Where is MY commission check? They've even updated the pictures.
My Cream Puffs should have at least been on it.

I still love that pie maker. Use it often. It's still in fantastic shape. My sons have been using it to make pocket omelets, sammiches, deep dish pizza. It's more then paid for itself. I only wish I could make a filo crust.
Haven't mastered that yet. Store bought works beautifully in the pie maker. I made a chicken, cheese pocket dish for myself the other night. OMG! It was good!

Can't wait to see what you do with yours. Post pics :)

Munky.

I've been wanting this for a while now.
the Personal Pie

Can't wait to try out my own recipes for it. Just ordered it tonight. Took a little bit of negotiating with my husband. Pawned him! :LOL: He understands what I ask for in the kitchen, just means extra good lunches for himself. Easy bargaining table tonight.

I've the Breville Panini maker Panini Quattro love how it's withstood our daily use. For 5 years now. It still looks new. Wonderful product.

Munky.

Munky, when I clicked your link I saw a stand mixer, toaster and coffee maker. What's "the personal pie?"

Sorry June,

At the time I linked that it was the direct link for this.
Breville Pie Maker | Williams-Sonoma W/S have changed things around. Breville is the same company that makes the pannini maker that just won't die! Quality product.

They were calling it personal pies because of the size of individual pies. The flexibility of the product. Portioned down to suit a single person. 4x4" Instead of one huge pie. I can't eat a whole pie. Have trouble finishing one of these as it is.
Hope this helps.

Munky

Oh, there was huge drama when Shrek got a hold of Breville to ask about the Pie Maker, they were very shocked to learn W/S was no longer going to carry it. It was the first they had heard of it. It took two weeks of phone calls and clarifications...upshot, we got the first one off the line and at a discounted price. Shrek is the person responsible for the pie makers being available at W/S now. He is not responsible for the inflated price.

Sorry June,

At the time I linked that it was the direct link for this.
Breville Pie Maker | Williams-Sonoma W/S have changed things around. Breville is the same company that makes the pannini maker that just won't die! Quality product.

They were calling it personal pies because of the size of individual pies. The flexibility of the product. Portioned down to suit a single person. 4x4" Instead of one huge pie. I can't eat a whole pie. Have trouble finishing one of these as it is.
Hope this helps.

Munky

For Pete's Sake! :rolleyes: but don't you have to make FOUR of them at a time? Might as well just make one pie and cut it in fourths! A lot less expensive.

What single person can (or should) eat a whole 4-inch pie? that looks like at least two generous servings to me.

...What single person can (or should) eat a whole 4-inch pie? that looks like at least two generous servings to me.

That's 4' at the top tapering down to much less at the bottom. Did you notice each pie takes just 1/3 of a cup of filling? I don't think that's an unreasonable serving at all.

For Pete's Sake! :rolleyes: but don't you have to make FOUR of them at a time? Might as well just make one pie and cut it in fourths! A lot less expensive.

What single person can (or should) eat a whole 4-inch pie? that looks like at least two generous servings to me.

Only if you are Kate Moss or Anorexic...and I am definitely neither!:ROFLMAO: They are the same size as a Swanson Pot Pie.

Oh, there was huge drama when Shrek got a hold of Breville to ask about the Pie Maker, they were very shocked to learn W/S was no longer going to carry it. It was the first they had heard of it. It took two weeks of phone calls and clarifications...upshot, we got the first one off the line and at a discounted price. Shrek is the person responsible for the pie makers being available at W/S now. He is not responsible for the inflated price.

It still looks like it's a W/S exclusive. Personally the price gouging that they have done is inexcusable and wrong.
If people can hold out long enough I'm sure Macy's will be selling them soon enough. That's a bit pricey for an average family's income. In this economy? Who are they kidding?

It still looks like it's a W/S exclusive. Personally the price gouging that they have done is inexcusable and wrong.
If people can hold out long enough I'm sure Macy's will be selling them soon enough. That's a bit pricey for an average family's income. In this economy? Who are they kidding?
Hi Char;)
I'm going to spend and get one. DH is all for it and the kids indulged me at Christmas with a money order. Soooooo i'll be joining you and PF. Can't wait.It sounds wonderful. Need a Phils fix?
kades

It's advisable to make 4 at a time. It's not the law.:LOL:

Actually it is less expensive to make 4 at a time then 1 large pie. I use left overs most times. Making your own dough is better and cheaper. A batch of muffins takes less time, doesn't heat up the kitchen like a conventional oven would.You can make up dozen pies like that and freeze them for later that alone comes in handy around here.

I'm not Kate Moss or anorexic. Just a light eater. A 1/3 Cup filling is plenty enough. But seriously though, the men in my house can never eat just one. They have no shame when it comes to those pies.:angel:

Munky.

Hi Char;)
I'm going to spend and get one. DH is all for it and the kids indulged me at Christmas with a money order. Soooooo i'll be joining you and PF. Can't wait.It sounds wonderful. Need a Phils fix?
kades

Well hiya Kades!!! It's sooo good to see you here again.
You my Dear have been missed :)

You know I'm always up for a Phil's fix.. Thursday/ Fridays are good here. Next time though remind me to NOT to forget the ice chest. I wanted to get some fresh Salmon last time. My terminal forgetfulness lately I left it in the garage.:ohmy: I promise I won't critique the cole slaw again :)

If anyone here is going to master that pie maker it's going to be you! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Welcome to the club! :) A few more and we just might have a Cult following. LOL!!!:ROFLMAO: You have good kids, that's right indulge Ma! :)

Munky.

Well hiya Kades!!! It's sooo good to see you here again.
You my Dear have been missed :)

You know I'm always up for a Phil's fix.. Thursday/ Fridays are good here. Next time though remind me to NOT to forget the ice chest. I wanted to get some fresh Salmon last time. My terminal forgetfulness lately I left it in the garage.:ohmy: I promise I won't critique the cole slaw again :)

If anyone here is going to master that pie maker it's going to be you! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Welcome to the club! :) A few more and we just might have a Cult following. LOL!!!:ROFLMAO: You have good kids, that's right indulge Ma! :)

Munky.
Thursdays are going to be the best for me as I go to a dialyis center now instead of doing it here at home. I had the cath removed I'll telll you about that another time and now have a temporary acess in my collar bone, I'm walking alone now no walker anymore and do I love being able to get about by myself. Poor DH has worn himself to a frazzel helping me. He is a jewel. I'll talk to him about Phils and let you know.
hugs
cj

Chiming in here - I ordered the 4 pie Breville last fall from WS and we LOVE it! Munk, I'm learning lots from your posts! As to the size...one pie is no bigger than the frozen Banquet, Swansons, etc...and smaller I think than Marie Callendar's. The small booklet that comes with the unit doesn't have many recipes so I'm really enjoying the ideas here!

I wanted to get one for my daughter when they suddenly disappeared from WS so I'm happy to know they are back.

(kades, you and the kiddos will love it, i'm sure!:wub: )

I had to tell Shrek to not start saving leftovers just yet...he's all excited about it. He's more gung ho about it than I am. He's ready to play!

Chiming in here - I ordered the 4 pie Breville last fall from WS and we LOVE it! Munk, I'm learning lots from your posts! As to the size...one pie is no bigger than the frozen Banquet, Swansons, etc...and smaller I think than Marie Callendar's. The small booklet that comes with the unit doesn't have many recipes so I'm really enjoying the ideas here!

I wanted to get one for my daughter when they suddenly disappeared from WS so I'm happy to know they are back.

(kades, you and the kiddos will love it, i'm sure!:wub: )
Mine is now ordered and I can hardly wait. Hang in there kids Ma is coming:LOL:
These recipes are great and I'm sure will really make some wonderful pies,
kades

Save some pie-making fun for the Grandkids, Kades! This would be the perfect cooking project for them!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom