Cherry Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
HELP:ohmy: My daughter just handed me two bags of frozen cherries..Guess what she wants...Yepster cherry pie. I am not much of a baker, gimme a box and I still have a problem:LOL: I do some thins well cookies,bread but cakes and pies not so much. I don't know where to even begin..Plus I have to make Cade a pumpkin pie, and dressing for the big bird, and about 6 appies...I can handle it all but the pie..so kick start me and we will see...PLEASE
kades

I can't help you with the cherry pie but here's my pumpkin pie recipe:

PUMPKIN PIE
1 C Sugar
1 Tb Cornstarch
½ tsp Salt, scant
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Ground Ginger
¼ tsp Nutmeg
1 Can Pumpkin (15 Oz)
2 Eggs, beaten
1½ Tb Butter, melted
⅛ C Molasses
12 Oz Evaporated Milk
1 Dash Lemon Juice
1 Deep-dish Piecrust

Preheat the oven to 450º F.

Sift the sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg together.

Combine the dry mixture with the pumpkin.

Add in the eggs, butter, molasses, milk and lemon juice and combine.

Pour the mixture into the piecrust.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Reduce the temperature to 350º F and bake for another 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of the pie comes out clean.

Cool for 2 hours and serve immediately or refrigerate.

start with a store bought crust. thaw the cherries, sprinkle with a little lemon juice and some tapioca to thicken the pie. you can add a little cinnamon if you like, and a bit of vanilla. mix , pour into pie shell. you can put a top crust on or just a crumble topping made with butter , nuts and flour. panko works well instead of flour. wish i knew how much of each. don't measure myself.

Thanks Babe, I like the idea of the crumbled topping and will go with that. I had a hunch I needed something to thicken it so I think I can get it done now. Happy thanksgiving to you. I was so glad to hear Wallie was able to eat something..With prayer there is always hope.
kades

Thanks Babe, I like the idea of the crumbled topping and will go with that. I had a hunch I needed something to thicken it so I think I can get it done now. Happy thanksgiving to you. I was so glad to hear Wallie was able to eat something..With prayer there is always hope.
kades

isn't it wonderful, i am scared to call the daughter in case things have changed. enjoy pie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom