Chocolate black walnut pie-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Afriend gave me this recipe today and I can hardly wait to try it. I've tasted hers and it was great,I had mine with whipped cream on top DH, tried his with vanilla ice cream..yummers:LOL:

!-unbaked pie chell-chilled
3-large eggs
1-1/2-c.sugar
6-Tabs.butter, melted
2-Tabs. vanilla
3/4-c. flour
1-1/2-c. chocolate chips-semi sweet
1-1/2-c. black walnuts chopped

Break eggs in bowl and wip lightly. Continue to whip while adding sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts. Fill pie shell and bake 40-45 min at 375f. til filling is fairly firm and crust is a light brown. Chill sserve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream..
enjoy,
kadesma:)

That sounds great, Kadesma.... I'll print it off for later. I just WISH I could eat that kind of dessert - oh for the days before diabetes!:)

The recipe sounds devine. Where do you buy black walnuts? I love them ~ we had black walnuts and hickory nuts on our farm in MI.. I found one web site but I had to buy 5# min.

Ishbel said:
That sounds great, Kadesma.... I'll print it off for later. I just WISH I could eat that kind of dessert - oh for the days before diabetes!:)
Hi Ishbel,
I know diabetes is hard to handle at times. I'm lucky in that I'm not a big sweet eater, I'd rather have bread or rice, but when I do want something like this, my dinner is simpley a salad and a small portion of meat, then I cut what would be a normal piece of pie or cake in half and I do have it. I just trade carbs or have no carbs at dinner and then savor a small piece of dessert.I do take several meds one to keep my cells active and using the insulin I make and If I need it one to increase the insulin output..The second I use seldom as I have taught myself to eat smaller amounts..And so I don't need it..This I learned on my own. Everytime I would ask a dietitian or my endo, they looked at me as if I were nuts..Oh well, it works for me:LOL: My HBaic is always a 4-5 so I'm sure after all these years I'm doing something right:LOL:

kadesma

Swann said:
The recipe sounds devine. Where do you buy black walnuts? I love them ~ we had black walnuts and hickory nuts on our farm in MI.. I found one web site but I had to buy 5# min.
Hi Swann,
I've found them in packages with the nuts and dried fruits in my market..I live in Calif too and just about all markets have them..1/2-c packages..I like most nuts, but black walnuts are my favorite..

Swann said:
Kadesma.... I have not seen them in San Diego in years. I will take a second look.
Okay, let me know if you cannot find any..

Back
Top Bottom